• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 16 |OT| The Comeback is Bigger than the Win

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Rob Parker apologizes for comments towards RGIII, kinda

I'd wonder why this ignorant racist still has a job, but then I realize that he's on First Take. Not only is talking out of your ass allowed, but it's encouraged.

No way ESPN lets him back after his recent RG3 comments, right? He'll probably get another job at a shitty newspaper somewhere but I don't see how ESPN can let that douche back on TV.

He fabricated a story on Kirk Cousins a few years back as well:

But now comes the news that he apparently fabricated sources that said a Michigan State quarterback was involved in a recent assault of another student. He first defended his statement, made this past Sunday on the WDIV-TV Sports Final Edition show that he co-hosts, and then backtracked and apologized for the whole thing today. Parker had said on the air that Kirk Cousins, a backup quarterback for Michigan State, was involved in a fight between Michigan State football and hockey players at a party in East Lansing. One problem: Cousins' parents — who live in Holland, Mich. — say that their son was at home all that evening.

http://deadspin.com/5070391/a-detroit-columnist-caught-making-stuff-up-surely-not

mr2xxx

Banned
Yours wasn't much better before RGIII fell into your lap, brah.

Ahh the good old days with Beck and Grossman. Also we aren't the Colts who have to be the luckiest team in history with what transpired. We mortgaged our future for RG3, any other lowly team could of acquired. Shanny just had the balls to do it. Hope you guys draft another RB in the first :0

squicken

Ahh the good old days with Beck and Grossman. Also we aren't the Colts who have to be the luckiest team in history with what transpired. We mortgaged our future for RG3, any other lowly team could of acquired. Shanny just had the balls to do it. Hope you guys draft another RB in the first :0

Yeah I think teams getting franchise QBs is 99% luck. Either through having a bad year at the right time or just having the QB you draft turn out okay. But with WAS and NYG, they evaluated their options and moved up. Any team could have done what they did

MechDX

McNair doesnt want to be shown up by Jerruh!

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/a...o-sports/fb89292e-3349-495e-8e12-174a2dd8c526

Today the Harris County Sports & Convention Corporation voted to approve enlarging the Reliant Stadium video display boards, making them the largest in Texas and the widest display in professional sports.

Stay tuned for more coverage on this announcement.

I remember Jerrys comments about "red checkered table cloths" when someone caompared his stadium to Reliant.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper

The Colts tanked their season. At least we're sucking honorably!

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Nick Fairley placed on IR

A year which showed promise on the field and frustration off it is over for Lions defensive tackle Nick Fairley.

The Lions announced they placed him on injured reserve today, with a shoulder injury. He was injured against the Packers two weeks ago, and was inactive last week against the Cardinals.

Fairley had blossomed into a more disruptive performer on the field, but his off-field issues made it a forgettable year. He was arrested twice, once for DUI and another for marijuana possession, though the marijuana charges were later dropped.

To fill his roster spot, the Lions signed journeyman defensive tackle Ogemdi Nwagbuo.

Ugh seems like we're packing it up with Fairley, Pettigrew etc. going on IR when they should be able to play.

I know we have no shot at the playoffs, but we'll be on national TV this weekend and I'd like to go into next season with momentum like we did before last years playoff run where we went 14-6 in our last 20 games. Not to mention I'd like to kick the shit out of Matt Ryan and the Falcons for last years loss and then crying postgame interviews.

Fuck a draft spot, play for pride.

verbum

Yeah I think teams getting franchise QBs is 99% luck. Either through having a bad year at the right time or just having the QB you draft turn out okay. But with WAS and NYG, they evaluated their options and moved up. Any team could have done what they did

And then you look at Brees and how he blossomed with the right coaching.

racist

Where's the cat at?

Most Canadians don't care about hockey coming back

Montreal Gazette said:
Respondents were asked the following question: "Do you think the NHL lockout will be settled in the next couple of weeks?; in the new year in time for a shortened season to be played?; not until it's too late for games to be played this season?; or don't you care?"

Fifty eight per cent of respondents indicated they did not care.

Your people have lost their way.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex

Speaking of which I was watching a Joe Namath documentary on HBO this morning and first heard about the pantyhose commercial.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qf3oOQq9KFU

a96843_a518_pantyhose.jpg

Joe Namath was the first of the pretty boy girly QBs that Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers try to emulate to this day.

squicken said:
But with WAS and NYG, they evaluated their options and moved up. Any team could have done what they did
In the case of the Giants, they had a good fallback position in a pretty great QB class (they would have taken Big Ben had the Manning trade not worked out). Acorsi fell in love with Eli though and convinced the top brass to do the deal. Wellington Mara being the big hold out of the group (John, Acorsi, Coughlin and Reese all signed off). So while it was a gamble, they felt pretty good about Ben going into it.

Interesting football world we'd be living in had things gone without Eli's insistence in not playing for the Chargers.

Eli would be in San Diego (likely ringless under Norv)
Big Ben would be a Giant. (and arrested in 2006 for multiple rapes in the tri-state area leading to the return of the Kerry Collins era in NY....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!)
Rivers would likely have been a Steeler. (and working on his third ring)

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
What the fuck are you talking about?

The Patriots were a playoff team, or playoff calibur team, the 5 or so seasons before Brady, with Drew Bledsoe. Both players came into totally different circumstances. I'm not taking away Brady's accomplishments, but Stafford has accomplished a hell of a lot considering he took over an 0-16 team with probably the worst decade any sports team has ever had.

All your argument is telling me is that Calvin Johnson is the man.

Calvin Johnson is the man. But 66% of Stafford touchdowns the last two years are to someone other than Megatron. Unfortunately for us this year those players, Brandon Pettigrew, Titus Young and Nate Burleson have been out for a variety of reasons.

Striker

How do the Giants fans feel about the game this week? I imagine they feel about as confident as us Baltimore fans do, that is, not confident at all.
Offensively it all depends how Nicks looks. Some weeks he looks good out there (obviously won't be 100% any further this year), some he just is too hobbled to do anything, so it limits the offense.

Kenny Phillips will be back in so they'll try to use the three Safety package more with Rolle-Browns-Phillips, and if Prince is back the pass coverage should be a bit better. Really, though, it's hard to tell with this team. They've been an inconsistent bunch all year - Tynes needs to get his head out of his ass, too.

Sanjuro

The Patriots were a playoff team, or playoff calibur team, the 5 or so seasons before Brady, with Drew Bledsoe. Both players came into totally different circumstances. I'm not taking away Brady's accomplishments, but Stafford has accomplished a hell of a lot considering he took over an 0-16 team with probably the worst decade any sports team has ever had.

Kastrioti
I don't always like history, but when I do, I prefer revisionist.
(Today, 06:07 PM)

eznark

Banned

Calvin Johnson is the man. But 66% of Stafford touchdowns the last two years are to someone other than Megatron. Unfortunately for us this year those players, Brandon Pettigrew, Titus Young and Nate Burleson have been out for a variety of reasons.

Lions were a playoff team coming into this year. Look what Stafford did to them.

Narag

Were they open due to Megatron doubleteams perchance?

Top Bottom