• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 16 |OT| The Comeback is Bigger than the Win

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
He also turned a playoff team into a cellar dweller. You never mention that part.

Bad luck, poor coaching decisions and injuries(happens to every team though) have done that to us, not Stafford. Other than Staffords shit game last week against Arizona he's kept us in most games.

Enjoy the shit talking for right now. We'll be back next year with Manti Teo and some FA acquisitions, and pick up where we left off after our playoff loss in New Orleans last year.

eznark

Banned
Bad luck, poor coaching decisions and injuries(happens to every team though) have done that to us, not Stafford. Other than Staffords shit game last week against Arizona he's kept us in most games.

Enjoy the shit talking for right now. We'll be back next year with Manti Teo and some FA acquisitions, and pick up where we left off after our playoff loss in New Orleans last year.

All the credit none of the blame. Sweet gig playing shitty QB for failed franchises.

Smokey

Would I be ridiculed if I said I would take Flacco over Schaub with Kubiak coaching him?

I think Kubiak has the potential to be one of the top play callers in the game, but I honestly think 1/2 or more of that playbook is not used with Shoob because of his limitations. Somebody with a cannon like Flacco would be great in this system IMO.

But Flacco still sucks

Would I be ridiculed if I said I would take Flacco over Schaub with Kubiak coaching him?

Yes. Or at least, you would regret the shit out of that after watching Flacco underthrow a wide open AJ, directly into the arms of a DB.

People who cut Flacco slack haven't seen enough of him. I'm fairly certain you can check last years threads and see my Flacco hate; it ain't new. You watch him regularly, it shows. It was apparent during his third year he's not the guy.

Also, what is all this Flacco love? Are you all just antagonizing me?

MechDX

Texans are frauds.

jagfanwhat.gif

Yes. Or at least, you would regret the shit out of that after watching Flacco underthrow a wide open AJ, directly into the arms of a DB.

People who cut Flacco slack haven't seen enough of him. I'm fairly certain you can check last years threads and see my Flacco hate; it ain't new. You watch him regularly, it shows. It was apparent during his third year he's not the guy.

While Kubiak sucks as a HC he knows his offense. What he did in such a short time with TJ last year proved that. Has Flacco ever had a high calibur OC or QB coach?

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Stafford has gotten worse since last year not better

Based on what? He's thrown less TDs than last year but he's also run in 4 TDs with his spectacular speed. Yardage wise he's right there, completion percentage is a little bit lower but it's close to the same. There are also at least 5 rushing TDs we had that were a result of Stafford driving us down to the goalline.

And then there were 2 fumbles by our RBs on the goalline against the Bears that cost us the game. We've had a bad luck, shitty season. It happens, but we'll be back next year and hopefully teams underestimate us.

To wide open receivers because there is always 2-3 DBs on Megatron.

Were they open due to Megatron doubleteams perchance?

If it were so easy why doesn't Larry Fitz QBs or receivers put up the stats that Titus Young or Nate Burleson put up?

Its a combo of the receivers getting open and Stafford putting the ball where it needs to be.

jagfanwhat.gif

While Kubiak sucks as a HC he knows his offense. What he did in such a short time with TJ last year proved that. Has Flacco ever had a high calibur OC or QB coach?

I think Hue Jackson and Jim Zorn both were quality QB coaches. We just don't have quality QB.

Smokey

Also, what is all this Flacco love? Are you all just antagonizing me?

The most TDs AJ has ever had in a season is 9. Granted Carr was part of that but Schaub has now been here 6 years.

Underthrows are an every down thing with Schaub.

You're fucking crazy.

The most TDs AJ has ever had in a season is 9. Granted Carr was part of that but Schaub has now been here 6 years.

Underthrows are an every down thing with Schaub.
Perfect example was Sunday. If Schaub had the arm to lead a receiver deep, AJ would have had an easy TD. Instead, AJ had to slow down and wait for the ball, making a contested reception for no yards after the catch.

cdyhybrid

Based on what? He's thrown less TDs than last year but he's also run in 4 TDs with his spectacular speed. Yardage wise he's right there, completion percentage is a little bit lower but it's close to the same. There are also at least 5 rushing TDs we had that were a result of Stafford driving us down to the goalline.

And then there were 2 fumbles by our RBs on the goalline against the Bears that cost us the game. We've had a bad luck, shitty season. It happens, but we'll be back next year and hopefully teams underestimate us.

If it were so easy why doesn't Larry Fitz QBs or receivers put up the stats that Titus Young or Nate Burleson put up?

Its a combo of the receivers getting open and Stafford putting the ball where it needs to be.

Because the Cards' QBs are that much worse.

Teams underestimated you this year and you didn't do shit. No one fears the lions and no one will next year either

Smokey

Perfect example was Sunday. If Schaub had the arm to lead a receiver deep, AJ would have had an easy TD. Instead, AJ had to slow down and wait for the ball, making a contested reception for no yards after the catch.

Yeah it was pretty amazing. Honestly that Patriots game was the final nail in the coffin on my opinion of him. He's going to have to do something in the playoffs for me to change my stance.

Tom Penny

Stafford is roughly Jay Cutler tier.

And Fitz is easier to cover than Megatron. He might be equally amazing but he's not Calvin's size. Fitz is top 3 in the league but Calvin is probably top 3 all time. You're QB isn't very good. Trust me, Dolphins fans know what bad QBs are. I'd rather have Jay Cutler.

squicken

You know I generally like Peyton and the Broncos, but it would be pretty awesome for them to lose to NE in the second round. That's as far as Tebow took them last year. So with all the hype and MVP talk, his Value Above Tebow would be 0. Same team. Same opponent. Heck he gets a bye and a home game.

Pats fans would have the Brady vs Peyton argument on lock

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
NFL Mock Draft by Peter Scharger of Foxsports.com

1. Kansas City Chiefs: Luke Joeckel, Offensive tackle, Texas A&M*
2. Jacksonville Jaguars: Bjoern Werner, Defensive end, Florida State*
3. Oakland Raiders: Damontre Moore, Defensive end, Texas A&M*
4. Philadelphia Eagles: Dee Milliner, Cornerback, Alabama*
5. Detroit Lions: Taylor Lewan, Offensive Tackle, Michigan*
6. San Diego Chargers: Geno Smith, Quarterback, West Virginia
7. Cleveland Browns: Jarvis Jones, Outiside linebacker, Georgia*
8. Buffalo Bills: Mike Glennon, Quarterback, North Carolina State
9. Tennessee Titans: Star Lotulelei, Defensive tackle, Utah
10. Carolina Panthers: Johnathan Hankins, Defensive tackle, Ohio State*
11. Arizona Cardinals: Jake Matthews, Offensive tackle, Texas A&M*
12. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Johnthan Banks, Cornerback, Mississippi State
13. Miami Dolphins: Justin Hunter, Wide receiver, Tennessee*
14. New York Jets: Tyler Wilson, Quarterback, Arkansas
15. New Orleans Saints: Barkevious Mingo, Outside linebacker, LSU*

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/...kel-Jacksonville-Jaguars-Bjoern-Werner-121812

He has Dion Jordan and Manti Teo falling out of the top 15. This draft is loaded with talent at the d-line from Star Lotulei to Dion.

I could also see Chiefs going with an OT at the #1 pick instead of a QB.

No way Detroit goes with OT after drafting Riley Reiff last year.

jakncoke

Banned

Godslay

Banned
You know I generally like Peyton and the Broncos, but it would be pretty awesome for them to lose to NE in the second round. That's as far as Tebow took them last year. So with all the hype and MVP talk, his Value Above Tebow would be 0. Same team. Same opponent. Heck he gets a bye and a home game.

So you are rooting for the Pats now? Because that's what I'm reading.

As far as losing to the Pats in the second round, if it happens it will be disappointing. The thing is we weren't supposed to be where we are at record wise. Hell some of you in here (mechdx) laughed at Denver getting to 10-6 at the beginning of the season. I know you personally said that we were due for some sort of regression.

If we lose we lose, the thing is we still have room for improvement while Peyton is here. I still like Tebow and wish him nothing but the best, but it's like night and day. Peyton has done more to change the culture of the team than Tebow ever could. They actually believe that they have a shot at getting to and winning a Superbowl if they play to their ability.

I'd like for the pats to take another pass rusher.Maybe one of the LSU guys fall that far.Dion Jordan could be a nice fit.But one player who looks intriguing is Ezekial Ansah.

jakncoke

Banned
Qb from nc state i think he could be really good he has no help at nc state there wr are bad and the run game is meh at best i think with ok wr he could be a draft steal

I just havent really heard his name for possible 1sts and now someone got him top 10. shocking a lil

mr2xxx

Banned

Except the bye, Tebow winning is some statistical anomaly.

MechDX

Pats lose the final two games on purpose so they dont have to go to Denver in the divisional round. Id be ok with them coming to Reliant.

squicken

So you are rooting for the Pats now? Because that's what I'm reading.

Actually, rooting for the Pats is rooting for Tebow. The league will see that he's just as good if not better than Peyton, and someone will give him a job. All true Tebow fans will be rooting for Brady in that game

edit: As far as the rest, I did think Denver would regress, but a lot of that was the usual kicker/injury/close games stuff. Peyton has changed the equation on the close game stuff, and you are still having good injury luck.

I figured Peyton was done until I saw him vs SF in the preseason. That game I knew he was back. Trying to run it up in a meaningless game b/c Harbaugh ran his mouth

jbug617

Banned
People on the radio were talking about should the Pats tank to get the 4th seed and play the Colts then the Texans instead of Bengals/Steelers and then the Broncos.

MechDX

Was probably just resting his arm.

If they win the wildcard card it looks like they'll go to the Broncos.If they when there I'd feel good about them in Houston.

If the are the 3 seed they go to Denver if they are the 4 seed and win the chances they go to Houston are greater. I want them at Reliant.

LJ11

Qb from nc state i think he could be really good he has no help at nc state there wr are bad and the run game is meh at best i think with ok wr he could be a draft steal

He's a statue, dude has shitty pocket presence, but when everything is blocked up he can pick you apart. Also makes dumb throws at times, but they all do. This is why I don't understand the Cousins talk, you have guys that are equal to him in this draft.

Nassib is another guy I've caught twice, good arm on that guy, can move around a bit, raw though but worth a shot. Certainly has the tools.

Top Bottom