• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 16 |OT| The Comeback is Bigger than the Win

LiveWire

Nah. The Browns game was a trap game. That one had let down written all over it.

The only thing that stands in our way at this point is the Cowboys. That could go either way.

Yea the Eagles game doesn't matter. If the Giants lose to the Ravens, Cowboys-Redskins winner is the NFC East champ no matter what happens to the Cowboys-Redskins this week.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Why do the Kittens play on Saturday night?

Because the NFL wants to have exciting teams on national TV, hence why we got 4 nationally televised games this year.

Our record isn't an indication of the talent and speed we have on both sides of the ball. People want to see Stafford, Megatron and Suh play for good and bad reasons.

High octane offense and hard hitting defense.

LiveWire

Im guessing if Dallas and Washington both win theyll be next weeks game.

It'll be next week's game unless the Giants win this week, both Cowboys and Redskins lose. The other divisions and wildcards would have already been decided, or if they weren't, it would take Chicago losing to the Lions and Seattle losing to the Rams to give anyone else a chance.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
1356031054271.png

Greg

Aw, I was enjoying the week 15 discussion.

bionic, you can throw me for the extra boost I need to dunk - ESPN Top 10 is ours.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
The Giants are the one team I don't want to play in the playoffs despite my earlier desire of both the Bears and Vikings getting left out.

The Niners aren't a great matchup either for us but someone else will have to take them out.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
There's really no way that it won't be Redskins and Cowboys for Week 17. Green Bay and Minnesota is the only thing even remotely close at that point but so much of that depends on how Minny does against Houston and whether or not the Bears win another.

So basically get ready for RG3 vs. Romo on national television!

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Nice.

I played with one at the Apple Store yesterday; they feel excellent.

Much lighter than my fat-ass iPhone 4 but I'm waiting for the i6.

They're pretty sleek, I'll give you that. It wasn't my first choice but the Note 2 is like 300 bucks and you can find a 5 for 150 now (on Verizon anyway).

I missed out on the 99 cent Sams Club Black Friday Galaxy S3 deal. That would have been amazing.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
They're pretty sleek, I'll give you that. It wasn't my first choice but the Note 2 is like 300 bucks and you can find a 5 for 150 now (on Verizon anyway).

I missed out on the 99 cent Sams Club Black Friday Galaxy S3 deal. That would have been amazing.

The Note 2 makes me feel like a big man!

yes I know what I have done YOLO!

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
He also bet everything on Sanchez so he can't judge qb's not can anyone on that team. I think the Jets are more interested in attention than winning.

I agree that he can't judge qb's nor anything on the offensive side of the ball unless it involves running. And I also agree, judging how we let a team that was solid to good deteriorate in only 2 seasons, that ownership is more interested in winning the battle of the backpages. So pretty much no argument from me. I will add that Tennebaum needs to bounce and I really don't like Woody Johnson. Deep pockets, shallow football acumen. We are on the verge of Kotite Era levels of ineptitude for the forseeable future.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
The Note 2 makes me feel like a big man!

yes I know what I have done YOLO!

Well you have to have something to look forward to as a Browns fan! We all know it's not the future of your horrible franchise or anything (as much as I wouldn't mind seeing the Browns being good).

Football!

Considering Goodell/Schiano's moronic 4th and 15 idea, what rules would you change in the modern NFL?

Personally, I think something has to be done with pass interference. Too much gifted yardage from chucking the ball recklessly.

squicken

Football!

Considering Goodell/Schiano's moronic 4th and 15 idea, what rules would you change in the modern NFL?

Personally, I think something has to be done with pass interference. Too much gifted yardage from chucking the ball recklessly.

I think more of the game needs to be called upstairs. Get rid of the stupid booth that the official looks at. Just have him be in constant contact and adjust any incorrect or non-call. Have the umpire delay the snap if necessary, announce the adjustment, and move on. No talking to coaches and explaining it while they cry and moan. Get it right and go

We as fans can call the game better in real time from our TVs. It's moronic not to do the same at the game. The officials are awful and get worse every week

bionic77

Football!

Agreed on pass interference. Though this will kill Flacco as that is his only skill.

No more girls allowed to play either. Anyone without a penis or with a Uggs sponsorship (or both) should be kicked out and sent to the lingerie league.

LJ11

Football!

I'd allow more rough stuff in the secondary, tired of seeing soft calls. Learn to get off the line and separate or stfu, stop flag begging.

bionic77

Aw, I was enjoying the week 15 discussion.

bionic, you can throw me for the extra boost I need to dunk - ESPN Top 10 is ours.
I will get you some Seattle level PEDs (they get the best shit there, not the Costco crap our franchises get) so you can dunk with ease in spite of your disability (being white).

squicken

I'd allow more rough stuff in the secondary, tired of seeing soft calls Learn to get off the line and separate or stfu, stop flag begging.

oh god forgot about that. flag begging would be an unsportsmanlike conduct. flopping too. go play basketball if that is what they want to do

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Football!

Whats the 4th and 15 idea?

I agree with the frequencies of PI penalties that are called, but holy shit some of the late hit/QB hit flags are destroying the way the game is meant to be played.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kyt5T0OqEI

Watch the NFL Gameday intro and pretty much every single hit would be a penalty in todays game. I've yet to see any conclusive evidence that these penalties being called have somehow diminished concussions or head injuries.

I agree that you need to protect players to some extent but dudes are getting flags for shoving a QB to the ground milliseconds after the ball is thrown.

squicken

Everyone picking Seattle to win on Sunday. Might as well play our backups, we have no chance

Saw something that SEA is bottom 5 in stopping the run. There's your chance. Dominate time of possession to keep the ball out of Russell Wilson's hands. They'll run up and down the field on you guys w/o Justin Smith out there. Gonna be sad to see the ultimate fraud, Aldon Smith, get exposed. But maybe still get the win

Football!

Instead of unreliable human eyes looking at replay for ball spot challenges, how about putting some kind of 'gps' in the football that can be checked to show exactly where it was at any moment?

Saw something that SEA is bottom 5 in stopping the run. There's your chance. Dominate time of possession to keep the ball out of Russell Wilson's hands. They'll run up and down the field on you guys w/o Justin Smith out there. Gonna be sad to see the ultimate fraud, Aldon Smith, get exposed. But maybe still get the win

Definitely. I'm terrified of wussle. He went 12/28 for like 140 yards, including a spine chilling 4 yards in the 2nd half before harbs declined a safety. You can't give wussle the ball!

Top Bottom