• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 16 |OT| The Comeback is Bigger than the Win

I am very extreme when it comes to that stuff. I was at an Eagles bar in SF a few years ago and a guy in a Cowboys jersey tried to buy me a drink and I refused to take it, I wouldnt be cool with a Pats fan in florida but I hung out with a bunch of Pats fans while I was in Boston and they were all really cool. I just hate frontrunners and there is no way to get beyond that.

I'm assuming playing Halo 4 with a Steeler fan remains an okay activity.

Fox318

Wearing my jets jacket today and got some weird responses.
  • one guy came up to me with a dog t-shirt and asked if I support mike Vick
  • Another guy said I should get reparations

Greg

*Adds Greg to ignore list*
Well, Greg can't even dunk yet so it's probably a good idea to ignore him. He deserves it!
:jnc

In real life I am sure I wouldnt be. I will say though that even with all their success you really dont see that many bandwagon Packer fans. I liked in Nh for 4 years and then SF for 4 years and I would always go out to ports bars to watch Eagles games, and it would be way more Cowboys and Pats fans then fans of other teams. I wonder just how long will Jerry have to keep the Cowboys down before those people jump ship to the Giants or whoever.
are they really bandwagon fans at that point? sounds like they are just people that are fans of teams you hate

and location doesn't mean you've always been a "fan" of the team - the Boston fans you said were cool could've just started watching football once they started winning despite living there

JABEE

I've been an Eagles, Flyers, Phillies, and somewhat Sixers fan all my life. I pretty much watch every game of the first three teams.

I'm assuming playing Halo 4 with a Steeler fan remains an okay activity.
Of course I would have sent you an invite last night but I was getting off soon.

Greg you are right about locals being frontrunners as well but if you live in an area you should root for the home team. Sucks it takes winning to get some people into football but the more the merrier.

Of course I would have sent you an invite last night but I was getting off soon.

Greg you are right about locals being frontrunners as well but if you live in an area you should root for the home team. Sucks it takes winning to get some people into football but the more the merrier.

Last night I had a better offer. :)

RGIII expected to play against the Eagles on Sunday. For whatever reason, I'm more nervous for the team to go up against the Eagles than the Cowboys. McCoy scares the crap out of me when he's unleashed (kind of like McFadden), this isn't going to be a cakewalk in Philly. This has trap game written all over it.

Godslay

Banned
For clarification, I got the broncos, avalanche, ufc and nuggets. That is how I roll, all.

Same here. No Rockies though?

As far as people not living in the state/city of the teams they root for, it's no surprise really. I grew up in Denver, lived in Wyoming, moved back to Denver, moved back to Wyoming, then to North Dakota. Jobs lead people around, it's not a big deal to me where you are and what team you root for.

RGIII expected to play against the Eagles on Sunday. For whatever reason, I'm more nervous for the team to go up against the Eagles than the Cowboys. McCoy scares the crap out of me when he's unleashed (kind of like McFadden), this isn't going to be a cakewalk in Philly. This has trap game written all over it.

Nah. The Browns game was a trap game. That one had let down written all over it.

The only thing that stands in our way at this point is the Cowboys. That could go either way.

Nah. The Browns game was a trap game. That one had let down written all over it.

The only thing that stands in our way at this point is the Cowboys. That could go either way.

See, I'm not as worried about the Cowboys as the Eagles, because I think New Orleans is going to beat Dallas at home, and by the time the 'Boys get to Washington, they'll be a demoralized team that will fail to live up expectations, per the normal Dallas routine. Eagles are kind of like that dying dog with nothing to lose, except to take the Redskins down with them.

See, I'm not as worried about the Cowboys as the Eagles, because I think New Orleans is going to beat Dallas at home, and by the time the 'Boys get to Washington, they'll be a demoralized team that will fail to live up expectations, per the normal Dallas routine. Eagles are kind of like that dying dog with nothing to lose, except to take the Redskins down with them.

Nah. The Philly fans are going to be syphoning their souls from jump, and they already on empty. They won't offer any resistance whatsoever.

yankeeh8er send me a fr. My wife and I are always on playing.

gamertag is WitchKing 701. Like yankee, I'll be on quite a bit over the next week.

I was playing a good bit but haven't played in the last week or so due to my annual LOTR viewing and Christmas shopping, etc. Plan on getting back into it again. I remember just completing the Rogue specialization before I stopped and somehow I lost all the other specializations the code provided, only had Wetworks and Operator to choose from like before the code was sent out...Wonder if that was fixed.

Hunter S.

Same here. No Rockies though?

As far as people not living in the state/city of the teams they root for, it's no surprise really. I grew up in Denver, lived in Wyoming, moved back to Denver, moved back to Wyoming, then to North Dakota. Jobs lead people around, it's not a big deal to me where you are and what team you root for.

My dad had me watching football, hockey, and basketball in that order of liking and it kind of stuck with me. As you know, Denver is a football region primarily so we got a lot of life long fans here. I was raised under the notion that baseball sucks,but if I support any team it is the rookies.

People move a lot, my job does not require it unless I change positions. Plus, I refuse to leave snowboarding and legal weed if I can help it. :jnc
Wyoming is mini Colorado anyways.

Wait, did someone complain about fans who don't live where their team is located? People move all the time for various reasons. I don't plan on living in AZ forever but I sure as hell will still be a Cards and Suns fan no matter my location.

Narag

Wait, did someone complain about fans who don't live where their team is located? People move all the time for various reasons. I don't plan on living in AZ forever but I sure as hell will still be a Cards and Suns fan no matter my location.

We had a great orator in here once wax poetic about the demise of the steel industry in Pittsburgh and the flight that led to a nation of Steelers fans. He was roundly laughed out and never returned.

Top Bottom