• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 16 |OT| The Comeback is Bigger than the Win

TheFatOne

What about Brady/Belichick has changed since last year?

The no huddle. Last year they were still implementing their new system. This year it's good to go, or at least that is what I have read earlier in the season.
I wonder how much Belichick will use Ridley and Vareen after those fumbles.Maybe they use Bolden and Woodhead more.

I think you will see Ridley quite a bit in the next two games. Pats are going to need the running game come playoff time.

MechDX

M3Cej.png

bows chest

Dude, the Vita is a must buy, especially for a guy like you who I am sure spends time with portables.

Also, hat tip. Now that my son is a couple months old and ole enough to cause a ruckus, I can see why two kids is exponentially harder than one. I actually have to do stuff now! Bullshit.

2 kids vs. 2 adults. The adults are out-numbered. So happy mine are 15 and 13 now. They actually do some shit that I used to have to do. I have another few years before they move out and then I'll be doing all my own chores again.

Speaking of the WiiU, how much do you guys use the feature where you can play games on the controller and watching something else on the tv? I can see that being my favorite part of the console.

I do that a bunch for NSMBU and Nano Assault Neo. It's pretty nifty.

It sucks missing out on launches.

I have now missed out on the Vita, 3DS and WiiU launch.

Speaking of the WiiU, how much do you guys use the feature where you can play games on the controller and watching something else on the tv? I can see that being my favorite part of the console.

All the time. Unless the game has a good reason (Like Zombi U) I'm going to be massively disappointed if most future games don't feature off TV play. It's single handedly the best feature of the console.

I bought that game the other day and so far I just cant get into it. I was really excited for a SSDHD type game for the WiiU.

It's okay, but Nano Assault on 3DS was better, despite the better controls in Neo. In the 3DS version you had some semblance of progression and building/maintaining your ship between clusters, more/better boss fights, and more stages. In Neo they just stripped out it down to a pure score attack, and I feel the game suffered as a result.

It does look very pretty though.

squicken

I thought this was pretty funny

Three decades ago, in the wake of the USFL threat, Paul Tagliabue forged the Blame Deflection Crystal, a magical talisman that makes everything that goes wrong appear to be someone’s fault other than the user. The NFL used the Blame Deflection Crystal to defeat the USFL, but it shattered during a 1987 replacement game, and its shards scattered around the NFL.

Mike Tice acquired one of the shards, and not only has he used it throughout his coaching career, but he has stolen shards from others. He snatched Jim Haslett’s, then Norv Turner’s. He has had his sights set on Lovie Smith’s since his arrival in Chicago. If Tice steals it, he will become the most powerful force in the universe, able to juggle offensive linemen, develop horrible game plans, and troll StubHub with impunity. Until then, his powers can still be checked. Careful observers can still see that the Bears rank 28th in total yards, and have allowed the sixth-highest sack total in the NFL despite protection-heavy game plans, and that these shortcomings must fall at the feet of their autonomous offensive coordinator and former line coach. But how long before our minds, too, are clouded?

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/40763144

Article in the Baltimore Sun pointed out this Sunday could be Ray Lewis and Ed Reed's last games in Baltimore. Baltimore football without Ray is going to feel weird.

Could be Joe's last home game too! A man can pray.

Article in the Baltimore Sun pointed out this Sunday could be Ray Lewis and Ed Reed's last games in Baltimore. Baltimore football without Ray is going to feel weird.

Could be Joe's last home game too! A man can pray.

There is no way they can let Flacco walk. The market for QBs this offseason is going to be terrible. Can you honestly say that small hands, or Vick is a big upgrade over Flacco, and would you be willing to bet your job on it? Ravens will sign Flacco for less then they offered him earlier in the season and they will try to retool that defense.

There is no way they can let Flacco walk. The market for QBs this offseason is going to be terrible. Can you honestly say that small hands, or Vick is a big upgrade over Flacco, and would you be willing to bet your job on it? Ravens will sign Flacco for less then they offered him earlier in the season and they will try to retool that defense.

If Alex Smith or Vick want a two year deal, while we figure out something for the future, I'll take it over Flacco for five.

If Alex Smith or Vick want a two year deal, while we figure out something for the future, I'll take it over Flacco for five.

I see what you are saying but I dont se how a GM can think like that. If Flacco gives you the best chance to win next year you have to keep him. Contract length in the NFL doesnt mean shit. They can structure it so that all the guaranteed money is in the first 2 years like the deal that Vick signed with the Eagles.

squicken

I see what you are saying but I dont se how a GM can think like that. If Flacco gives you the best chance to win next year you have to keep him. Contract length in the NFL doesnt mean shit. They can structure it so that all the guaranteed money is in the first 2 years like the deal that Vick signed with the Eagles.

I agree their best choice is to keep him for next year, but even two years of guaranteed money is wrong. He's maxed out and what he is isn't good enough unless he's playing with an elite defense. He's not bad. But just not good enough to elevate the players around him to a SB.

The league is 70% QB play. If you don't have the guy that can be the reason the team wins, then you move on. 2013 is unfortunately the year where there aren't many good choices. Sucks for a team like KC just one year after RG3 and Luck came out

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Sorry if this was posted already:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--direct-snap--more-misdirection-from-nick-saban-as-rumors-of-return-to-nfl-swirl--013829913.html

On Tuesday, a longtime source was insistent that rumors about Saban leaving Alabama to return to the NFL are off-base.

“That’s not happening,” the source said, emphatically.

As I posted on Twitter, take the adamant denial for what it’s worth, particularly when another source I spoke with on Thursday claimed that Saban has already begun interviewing potential assistants he would take to the Cleveland Browns with him. The source laid out the timing of how current Browns coach Pat Shurmur will be fired after the season, one or two candidates will be interviewed (complete with the name of a minority candidate) and that Saban will be hired on Jan. 8, the day after Alabama’s BCS title game tilt vs. Notre Dame.

I can't see Saban saying no to an NFL job if an offer comes in (and offers will come iin/have already come in). Not with that ego.

He could retire a King in Alabama if he wanted to, but I feel like he wants more than that. The same thing that drew Caroll back (outside of running from the NCAA), will draw Saban back as well. He wants to be able to prove himself at the highest level of the sport.

Top Bottom