• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 16 |OT| The Comeback is Bigger than the Win

Dolphins have placed K Dan Carpenter on IR with his groin injury. Miami has signed FA K Nick Kaeding to replace him.

We just got an upgrade at K because of injuries!

Buckethead said:
If you don't want Tuck, we'll trade you Finley and Kuhn.
Heh, the Giants were big on Kuhn when he was almost an FA. Doubt they have much interest now with Hynoski on the roster. I wouldn't wish Finley on the Eagles.

Don't get me wrong, it's not that we don't want Tuck. I think he still has the ability to be a dominant player but the injuries have left him a wreck. The shoulder issue that may keep him out this week date back to Flozell Adams tripping him in '09. Add in the neck and knee problems and its slowed him down considerably. He had a great run during last years playoffs (he turns it on in big spots) but in recent interviews you can tell he's just run down both physically and mentally. He admitted in the offseason that he wanted to retire last season but Coughlin kept him playing....

He's one of those players that I could never hate though. No matter how run down he gets. I associate him so strongly with the team (much like Jacobs) and he was so instrumental to both runs.

KaYotiX

Banned
A-p3zhFCYAARqnE.jpg:large
My folks got 15 inches of snow. So glad I'm not living in WI anymore lol

squicken

Isn't going to happen. This Q&A with Fewell following the Saints game was a little amusing...

The Giants are like villains in movies. Not dead until the head is cut off and set on fire and buried in concrete. SB favorites until they are eliminated. The way they dominated the 49ers shows what they can do when they want

Draxal

How are the Giants' sack totals so low? Taking this playing half ass until the playoffs to a whole new level I guess

Quick throws against the d and a pretty garbage secondary atm.

I think Fewell is a good d coordinator but his scheme doesn't mesh to the Giants strengths on D at all.

I read on Twitter that EDS is starting at C for Saturday.

A. Fuck.
2. Anyone know if it's permanent?
D. Fuck.

Edit: It's perma barring injury.

eznark

Banned
I agree but EDS has been pretty awful himself.

Hopefully he's better at C than he was LG.

Also snap count and reads will probably suffer.

Weren't you bitching earlier in the year that Saturday was botching both of those things? I doubt there will be a big issue, Smith has been in the offense a lot longer than Saturday.

Hmm, I don't know about that. Carpenter had been playing well recently.

If this was last season I'd agree but this year he's kind of been the reason we aren't going to get the wildcard. Carpenter missed 2 FGs in the OT Jets game, he missed 1 FG in the OT Cards game, missed another in the 4 point loss to Cincinnati, and another in the 5 point loss to Buffalo. His misses this year have been really painful. While Kaeding is the NFLs all time most accurate kicker. The only reason he's a FA is because he got hurt earlier this season.

Weren't you bitching earlier in the year that Saturday was botching both of those things? I doubt there will be a big issue, Smith has been in the offense a lot longer than Saturday.
Yes.

I'm not opposed to the change in principle but with 2 games left it is a little worrisome although I suppose McCarthy didn't have much of an option before with Lang's injury.

jakncoke

Banned
nfl-age that might be into car-age. should i get my rim replace asap? it now has a slight bump due to me bouncing off a guardrail

jakncoke

Banned
Is any of it pressing onto your tire? I had that happen once, it eventually punctured.

iirc the tire may have been slightly pushed it. note; im traveling to pa tomorrow. so i need to take that into note. wouldnt want to get half way and get stranded.

Narag

I didnt really notice a change. But just because i cant notice it now, doesnt mean i wont have say what happened to vesmir which is why im concerned.

Scheduled an appointment tomorrow. Better to be safe then sorry i suppose.

If you're travelling, yeah better safe than sorry.

LJ11

Isn't going to happen. This Q&A with Fewell following the Saints game was a little amusing...

As far as the players themselves, notably the ends since they are always the ones with the high totals. JPP put on more weight and doesn't seem as quick as he did last season, and he also has been battling a back injury. Tuck has dropped off the face of the Earth, and has been pretty much a shell of his former self for about two years now (he did have a nice six-game span last year from the Jet game into the playoffs+Super Bowl), and Osi's moves seem lackluster, you don't see him getting around LT's as much; he did get paid so maybe doesn't give a shit.

His ass/thigh area area looks way bigger, definitely looks like he put on more weight, but few seem to talk about it.

Slo

How the fuck does Twitter work if you're not a celebrity and/or hot chica? Am I just supposed to be clit hanger on celebrities and beg for retweets?

@KateUpton - Love ur tits, can I get a RT?

@AdrianPeterson - You score good touchdowns! RT?

@Gronk - Tu soy fiesta? YO SO FIESTA TAMBIEN! RT?

Talon

Late, but we're used to unwarranted hate from you people.
What do you mean "you people?"
How the fuck does Twitter work if you're not a celebrity and/or hot chica? Am I just supposed to be clit hanger on celebrities and beg for retweets?

:jnc clit hanger

squicken

I just use it to follow media people and Tweet with fellow loser Rams fans.

LJ11 said:
His ass/thigh area area looks way bigger, definitely looks like he put on more weight, but few seem to talk about it.
He bulked up to 280-290 in the preseason as per the coaching staff. They wanted him stronger but I'd agree with Striker - it has cost him some of his speed. Not to mention the back issues he's dealing with now which never manifested in previous seasons outside of the preseason as he warmed up. 260-270 seems to be his best weight.

Godslay

Banned
Breer said that McDaniels interest in the Browns isn't that strong but he has interest in the San Diego job.

I hope he goes to SD. Beating San Diego is satisfying, but beating a McD lead Chargers will be even better. Before anyone says it, he's not a Bill Jr., I doubt he ever has success as a HC. He's hasn't done shit when Brady or Papa Bill is not in the building.

Top Bottom