• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 16 |OT| The Comeback is Bigger than the Win

squicken

I can't see Saban saying no to an NFL job if an offer comes in (and offers will come iin/have already come in). Not with that ego.

He could retire a King in Alabama if he wanted to, but I feel like he wants more than that. The same thing that drew Caroll back (outside of running from the NCAA), will draw Saban back as well. He wants to be able to prove himself at the highest level of the sport.

Saw something that Cheatin' Chip Kelly has to get out of Oregon ahead of sanctions, and the CAR job is the place he thinks he would have the QB that could hold up in his offense. Don't know how much power Richardson would cede to him b/c he'd probably want to be king of all things

eznark

Banned
Saw something that Cheatin' Chip Kelly has to get out of Oregon ahead of sanctions, and the CAR job is the place he thinks he would have the QB that could hold up in his offense. Don't know how much power Richardson would cede to him b/c he'd probably want to be king of all things

What college team are you a fan of that you simultaneously champion and faux-loathe cheating? USC?

Speaking of which how excited are you for the Browns Super Bowl (Entry draft)?
One of the best times of the year, alot of browns news to look forward to. Jimmy/coaches/Gms/freeAgency/draft/change and possibility we can pick as high as 3 with is kinda bittersweet lol. I'd like the trade down if that happens I think

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
One of the best times of the year, alot of browns news to look forward to. Jimmy/coaches/Gms/freeAgency/draft/change and possibility we can pick as high as 3 with is kinda bittersweet lol. I'd like the trade down if that happens I think

I'd assume we'd be looking to trade down especially in this draft. Hopefully recoop that 2nd rounder we spent on Josh Gordon.

But we'd definitely need a top 5 pick to have a chance at that.

2. posterize mastershake

:jnc!

Bring it brah

A-p3zhFCYAARqnE.jpg:large

Look at all those upstanding citizens

squicken

What college team are you a fan of that you simultaneously champion and faux-loathe cheating? USC?

I don't really have a problem with cheating as far as college football goes. I don't particularly dislike Chip Kelly other than coaching at Nike U

Heck I don't particularly like Bob Stoops. It's almost impossible to like any college coach that's any good

Chip Kelly is going to go the Cards and they're gonna rename NFC West, the Pac-12 refuge

Final Giants injury report for Sundays game:

Patricia Traina @Patricia_Traina

Tuck, Bradshaw, Phillips, Snee, Baas, Beckum, Sash are questionable.

Patricia Traina @Patricia_Traina

Prince, Nicks, and Randle are probable.

Glad to see Prince is back. If Kenny plays, even better. Tuck is questionable but he's going to see a decreased role with the shoulder. Adrian Tracy will likely get more reps on the line.

Since I wasn't here last Sunday:

http://gifsoup.com/view1/1391182/falcons-play60-o.gif[img]

[img]http://gifsoup.com/view1/1391182/falcons-play60-o.gif[img]

[img]http://gifsoup.com/view1/1391182/falcons-play60-o.gif[img][/QUOTE]
Disgusting.

LevelNth

Banned
Glad to see Prince is back. If Kenny plays, even better. Tuck is questionable but he's going to see a decreased role with the shoulder. Adrian Tracy will likely get more reps on the line.
What's your thoughts on Bradshaw playing and/or how much use they make of him if so? My interest is solely fantasy based, as I want to start Wilson, but I'm not sure he'll get his.

Coughlin more likely to push Bradshaw or go easy so as not to risk further injury?

Wes

venison crêpe
If (big If) saban does go to Cleveland... does that mean we will absolutely be switching back to the 3-4? That'll also mean losing Jauron who I think's done a good job :|

hwalker84

Who the hell should I start???

QB
WR
WR
RB
RB
WR/RB
TE - Jimmy Graham
K - Sebastian Janikowski
DEF - Denver

Big Ben
Kaepernick

Brandon Marshall
Mike Wallace
Cecil Shorts
James Jones
Andre Roberts

Stevan Ridley
Darren McFadden
Ahmad Bradshaw
Beanie Wells
Montell Owens

LevelNth said:
What's your thoughts on Bradshaw playing and/or how much use they make of him if so? My interest is solely fantasy based, as I want to start Wilson, but I'm not sure he'll get his.
Bradshaw all the way. If he's playing, he'll be the primary back. Wilson got totally blown up on a safety blitz last week against the Falcons and you saw Lumpkin take over for the majority of that game from then on. That should tell you everything you need to know about how trusted he is on passing downs at the moment.

Coughlin will run Bradshaw until his feet and knees fall off.

EDIT: Canty is also probable by the way. Some more good news.

Striker

I think he's talking about the total destruction of the Giants.
Falcons have been exorcising some demons this year.
Shouldn't have been worried last week. Any Falcon fan who watched any Giant games this year should know how limited the offense has been, and how wildly inconsistent the defense can be (and the lack of any pass-rush). The team is a mess right now. Lots of veteran cuts needing made, and some movements needing addressed on the lines, specifically.

Be more cautious of facing Aaron Rodgers or San Francisco's defense in the playoffs.

ari

Banned
welcome back ari. tough times ahead too, i'm afraid. but at least anglelo isn't steering the ship any more
yea, I think Lovie will ride out his contract and its a wrap. The bears have no reason to be tied with three other teams. Seriously, heres hoping everything go our way. :(

Shouldn't have been worried last week. Any Falcon fan who watched any Giant games this year should know how limited the offense has been, and how wildly inconsistent the defense can be (and the lack of any pass-rush). The team is a mess right now. Lots of veteran cuts needing made, and some movements needing addressed on the lines, specifically.

Be more cautious of facing Aaron Rodgers or San Francisco's defense in the playoffs.

The above is wildly different from the narrative that was running through most people's heads prior to the game.
It was a big win. I like our chances against anyone, Aaron Rodgers and San Fran included.

Striker

The above is wildly different from the narrative that was running through most people's heads prior to the game.
It was a big win. I like our chances against anyone, Aaron Rodgers and San Fran included.
Only Frankman was saying things, and one Falcon fan acting worried.

Striker

How are the Giants' sack totals so low? Taking this playing half ass until the playoffs to a whole new level I guess
Isn't going to happen. This Q&A with Fewell following the Saints game was a little amusing...

Q: The stats show that your defense only had one sack of Drew Brees, but what do you think about their performance?

A: It’s kind of the strategy that I put them in last week. Our guys are very cooperative. It took a lot for them to do what I asked them to do last week. It wasn’t the most sack-friendly game for them, but it was the way that we felt we had to win that football game. A lot of d-linemen wouldn’t have done what they did, so my evaluation is that they did a great job because they executed what we wanted them to execute. We accomplished our goal.
As far as the players themselves, notably the ends since they are always the ones with the high totals. JPP put on more weight and doesn't seem as quick as he did last season, and he also has been battling a back injury. Tuck has dropped off the face of the Earth, and has been pretty much a shell of his former self for about two years now (he did have a nice six-game span last year from the Jet game into the playoffs+Super Bowl), and Osi's moves seem lackluster, you don't see him getting around LT's as much; he did get paid so maybe doesn't give a shit.

DeaconKnowledge said:
Overrated line.

Tuck is a shell of himself (honestly he looks about ready to retire)
Osi hasn't done shit.
Canty came back from PUP list and has been on/off

Linval Joseph and JPP are the only two having semblances of a good season right now. Marvin Austin has been inactive most every game, Rocky Bernard is a situational player at best anymore and our 7th round rookie Marcus Kuhn was IR'd earlier in the season.

The young guys like Ojomo and Tracy have either been injured or unable to get on the field (though Tracy got some reps against San Fran and played well).

This upcoming draft will be a big restock for Reese on the defensive line. Osi will be gone, decisions will need to be made on Tuck. Defensive end and defensive tackle will both be addressed.

Top Bottom