• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 16 |OT| The Comeback is Bigger than the Win

I just dont see why it would make any difference who wins the SB once it cant be the Eagles. So many people calling up the sports radio out here talking about how we have to keep the Giants out of the playoffs and I dont get it. I want what ever will get the Eagles closer to winning a SB, I really couldnt care less how many SB's the other teams in the division win.

If the Steelers can't/don't win it all, then any team other than the Ravens or the Pats. That's my motto.

Slo

Grilled tuna steak > all. I agree, it just seems like hipster bucket would hate such a Whole Foods dish.

Also I make my own ground beef and I assure you butthole is not used.

I call dibbs on your unused cow buttholes.

c4s_freeman121509_98586c.jpg

LJ11

I think it could work against the Bills. Their dline was about as clueless as Ive ever seen against the option last week.
It will work against any team if the QB makes his reads quick, doubly so against a poorly coached defensive unit. Seahawks did nothing special, DEs just didn't do their job, it's a poorly coached unit. Still, I'm not sure if any teams want to leave a 320 lb DT unblocked, asking for free shot on the QB.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Aren't a lot of those 320 lb defensive linemen also twice as fast in the pros? I see a lot of college plays and offenses that seem like they'd be ineffective in the pros simply because college defenses are super slow. Pro defensive linemen are often just as fast or faster than most pro quarterbacks (which is why I feared for Ryan Mallet's life when he went pro)

Just went and checked that redhead thread out.

Thinly veiled hot girl/woman threads are OK again? I, for one, approve of Evilore's neo-NeoGAF.

The boss should go to Europe more often.

LJ11

Aren't a lot of those 320 lb defensive linemen also twice as fast in the pros? I see a lot of college plays and offenses that seem like they'd be ineffective in the pros simply because college defenses are super slow. Pro defensive linemen are often just as fast or faster than most pro quarterbacks (which is why I feared for Ryan Mallet's life when he went pro)
Definitely true, Oregon chose to leave Fairley unblocked in the championship game and he wrecked havoc, some people felt Oregons QB didn't read fast enough which exasperated the situation.

eznark

Banned

Yeah, it's weird how little of the X's and O's his brother picked up. Rob is blessed with talente players but consistently had them underperforming while Rex is an awful talent evaluator who is able to scheme to make it fit. I wonder if Rob would be the better hea coach. Seems like a more effective rah rah guy than his brother.

(So now iOS autocorrect just deletes letters? Fuckin Christ apple is garbage. )

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Yeah, it's weird how little of the X's and O's his brother picked up. Rob is blessed with talente players but consistently had them underperforming while Rex is an awful talent evaluator who is able to scheme to make it fit. I wonder if Rob would be the better hea coach. Seems like a more effective rah rah guy than his brother.

Jets pretty much rah rah'd themselves to two AFC championships appearances.

Those teams weren't very good. Elite defenses with fucking atrocious offenses. The defense has left and the offense is worse than ever this year.

Now Rex doesn't even have the swag anymore. Dude looks completely beaten down, an obvious result after watching Mark Sanchez be your starting QB for 4 years.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

Will anyone hire either as a head coach at this point? I mean, rob obviously had nothing to do with his brother but could a fan base get excited about a Ryan hiring as a HC because of Rex's term at the Jets?

eznark

Banned
Jets pretty much rah rah'd themselves to two AFC championships appearances.

Those teams weren't very good. Elite defenses with fucking atrocious offenses. The defense has left and the offense is worse than ever this year.

Now Rex doesn't even have the swag anymore. Dude looks completely beaten down, an obvious result after watching Mark Sanchez be your starting QB for 4 years.

That was just fantastic coaching by Ryan on the defensive side of the ball and limiting turnovers on offense. Nothing too terribly inspired about it.

eznark

Banned
Awesome, awesome hustle in the garbage bowl game going on now. Safety just chased down the RB on a 70 yard TD run o punch the ball out at the 1 inch line.

Refs are going to blow it though.

im watching karate kid (the original) on netflix for the first time in like 10-15 years and i dont remember daniel larusso being such a fucking douchebag. first off he kicks open the gate like an asshole and hits the kid in his apt complex. then all he does it fucking bitch about shit. his moms like "dont say anything about the pool! i'll take care of it!" what the fuck you are lucky to have a roof over you head you ungrateful shitbag and now you're going to give your mom, who probably works her fingers to the bone at a thankless job, a hard time over a pool? then he gets inside the apartment and ok there is a little bit of a plumbing issue and he's back at it again, complaining. goes into mr miagai's workshop and acts like a bitch.

so then he's at the beach with all his new buddies wearing john stockon style ass high shorts and running around like idiots. he already tries to move in on one of the chicks who isn't even that bangin. now i'm actually rooting for the skeleton guys

harSon

Banned
If the Steelers can't/don't win it all, then any team other than the Ravens or the Pats. That's my motto.

I've built up so many grudges over the years, that my list of accepted Super Bowl winners is pretty thin.

I definitely don't want anyone in the AFC North, 49ers (Fuck Bay Area sports), Patriots, Broncos (I won't be able to watch TV for a year if Manning wins a SB), Packers (I still hate the Cowboys for beating us in the SB), Cowboys if they make it, Giants (Ben has to be the first of that class to 3 SBs).

I could stomach everyone else.

I've built up so many grudges over the years, that my list of accepted Super Bowl winners is pretty thin.

I definitely don't want anyone in the AFC North, 49ers (Fuck Bay Area sports), Patriots, Broncos (I won't be able to watch TV for a year if Manning wins a SB), Packers (I still hate the Cowboys for beating us in the SB), Cowboys if they make it, Giants (Ben has to be the first of that class to 3 SBs).

mmmmm MMM!! it is delicious thinking about what you've had to deal with for the past couple years and what you will have to deal with for years to come. the icing on the cake is that the steelers have been an absolute joke

Godslay

Banned

imU3FxVWoLNZV.jpg

You are the Daniel Larusso of this thread!

harSon

Banned
mmmmm MMM!! it is delicious thinking about what you've had to deal with for the past couple years and what you will have to deal with for years to come. the icing on the cake is that the steelers have been an absolute joke

It doesn't matter if you go out in the Wild Card round, go out in the AFC/NFC Champion or lose in the Super Bowl, a season without a Lombardi is a season without a Lombardi (although the Browns are going to soon prove that a season without a Lombardi might be a good thing). Enjoy underachieving, or as Harbaugh calls it, a way of life.

Top Bottom