• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 16 |OT| The Comeback is Bigger than the Win

squicken

omg what crazy timing hahahaha f
n an interview on ESPN Radio, Brown said that in a 1994 game, he purposely whiffed on Jones so that Jones could get a clean shot on Mitchell. Sure enough, Brown got his intended result, as Mitchell was knocked out of the game.

“We were playing Green Bay in Milwaukee,” Brown said. “We were getting beat, 24-3, at that time and he just stunk up the place. He’s throwing interceptions, just everything. So I looked at Kevin Glover, our All-Pro center and I said, ‘Glove, that is it.’ I said, ‘I’m getting him out the game.’ . . . So I got the gator arms on the guy at the last minute, he got around me, he hit Scott Mitchell, he did something to his finger . . . and he came out the game. [Lions backup quarterback] Dave Krieg came in the game.”

Host Ryen Russillo expressed shock that Brown would admit such a thing, but Brown showed no remorse.

“As you can tell, I’m just not a big fan of Scott Mitchell. He’s just not on my Christmas list. He won’t be getting any Christmas presents from me this year,” Brown said.

The Detroit Free Press notes that while Brown misremembered some of the details of the game, his basic description of what happened adds up: Jones drilled Mitchell with a hit that broke a finger on Mitchell’s passing hand, and Mitchell was replaced by Krieg. As Brown correctly recalled, Mitchell was having a terrible game, but Krieg played well in relief for the rest of that game and played well for the Lions the rest of the season.

Lions had 2 of the best players (Sanders,Calvin Johnson)to play at their position and will probably not even win a playoff game.

one playoff win for barry. they beat the cowboys the year before they went on their SB run

With who Alexis or ThugKap? If you're one of those Madden players who runs with the QB every play I have plays to contain that. We'll have to play one day when I get a PS3/360.

I'm still debating if I'm gonna buy another PS3/360 or just wait for PS4/X720 launch.

doesn't matter because i don't QB run much, but i would start scott tolzien against you and still blow you out

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Lions had 2 of the best players (Sanders,Calvin Johnson)to play at their position and will probably not even win a playoff game.

Megatron's only 27 years old and actually has a decent QB throwing the ball so its inevitable that a playoff win will happen.

If a player with Stafford's calibur/talent was playing with Barry Sanders, Herman Moore and Johnny Morton theres no doubt in my mind they would've at least made the Super Bowl one year.

jakncoke

Banned
Megatron's only 27 years old and actually has a decent QB throwing the ball so its inevitable that a playoff win will happen.

If a player with Stafford's calibur/talent was playing with Barry Sanders, Herman Moore and Johnny Morton theres no doubt in my mind they would've at least made the Super Bowl one year.

very librul use of decent here

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
bros I haven't even finished a game this year.

Work and life gets in the way of gaming as you get older. :( I always try to make some sort of time if I can.

GTA5 and Last of Us come out within two weeks of each other plus E3 reveals around the same time. And about 4 months after that you have The Last Guardian coming out as a PS4 launch title which is probably my most wanted game of all time.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

No a stud WR does not equal a playoff anything.

Don Majkowski was a better QB than Fatford and he was throwing to Sterling Sharpe. How many playoff wins did that tandem have?

Godslay

Banned
Fucking UPS man. Drove right by my house, item was out for shipment. Shortly there after item was marked as attempted delivery. Mind you I am sitting on my couch able to see out to the road the entire time. Wouldn't normally mind, but that shit is blatant. Called and they might 'try' to redeliver today.

Fucking UPS man. Drove right by my house, item was out for shipment. Shortly there after item was marked as attempted delivery. Mind you I am sitting on my couch able to see out to the road the entire time. Wouldn't normally mind, but that shit is blatant. Called and they might 'try' to redeliver today.
I wonder if The Mana Legend is reading this, and thinking "What a self-entitled piece of shit!"

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
No a stud WR does not equal a playoff anything.

Don Majkowski was a better QB than Fatford and he was throwing to Sterling Sharpe. How many playoff wins did that tandem have?

No but having a stud QB with a stud defensive line usually means playoff wins. And no, Don Majkowski is not better than Staff whether your talking about arm strength, accuracy, pcoket presence, leadership etc. Don was a career backup for a reason, outside of one season.

You should file a complaint. Is the item a Christmas gift? If so thats fucked up.

Greg

That happened to me a few weeks ago. The truck parked right outside my driveway around 7 PM, and then he just drove off a minute later.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Meanwhile in Detroit....

230254_10151300710703605_1434584511_n.jpg

Godslay

Banned
I wonder if The Mana Legend is reading this, and thinking "What a self-entitled piece of shit!"

Missed that one. Paid for a service, they should carry it out correctly.

No but having a stud QB with a stud defensive line usually means playoff wins. And no, Don Majkowski is not better than Staff whether your talking about arm strength, accuracy, pcoket presence, leadership etc. Don was a career backup for a reason, outside of one season.

You should file a complaint. Is the item a Christmas gift? If so thats fucked up.

That happened to me a few weeks ago. The truck parked right outside my driveway around 7 PM, and then he just drove off a minute later.

I talked to their customer service, said it was beyond the callback or something like that time, but it will go through since they are working on the weekends for the Holiday. Even then it's up to the driver if they want to comeback and reattempt delivery.

Like I said normally I wouldn't care, but for them to be that blatant irritates me.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

If you get to keep saying Stafford is young as an excuse then I get to say that Majkowski was ruined by a shoulder injury!

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Like I said normally I wouldn't care, but for them to be that blatant irritates me.

Kind of off topic but still blatant douchiness; I was at a Del Taco drive thru with a friend at about 1 AM last night, and there was this obnoxious group of three girls and one guy in a car in front of us yelling at the dude working graveyard shift. They were obviously drunk and I shit you not were yelling things like "You couldn't handle this pussy loser!", "why are you working here?" etc. They were so obnoxious with dirty attitudes I wouldn't fuck them even if you paid me.

They were holding up the line for a good long 5-10 minutes in the drive thru (which is an eternity for a fastfood drivethru), just giving the graveyard guy a hard time, and I so close to 1.) getting out of the car and telling them off for being stupid obnoxious drunks and 2.) calling the cops because the driver, and everyone else, were obviously drunk and had no business being in a car. Looking back on it I regret it, but like my friend was saying karma will come back to them.

Can't stand people who treat people working hard at a shitty wage like shit.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Worst thing ever for a fast food grunt are the self righteous parents and bitchy housewives looking for free stuff because their taco had cheese on it and it was made wrong.

It's Taco Bell lady, deal with it.

The Lions had Erik Kramer. I'd say he was just as good, if not better than Fatford. Of course, Fontes never went with him full time.

Top Bottom