• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 16 |OT| The Comeback is Bigger than the Win

eznark

Banned
I guess I'm not as upset about Crosby because I prefer the Packers to go for it on 4th when they cross the 40 and Crosby is a good kickoff guy. I think having a limp leg like Longwell who can score 15 total points in the playoffs might be a bigger liability if he forces our pathetic kickoff coverage team to actually have to make tackles.

Plus, what's the rush? May as well let Crosby kick against Tennessee. Once the Packers go up 3 scores just do nothing but kick field goals until he gets it figured out. If he misses any of the 8 tries, cut his ass and sign whatever scrub is worse than Olindo fucking Mare.

The idea that the Packers can go and pick up some guy and he won't potentially miss 40 yard field goals is laughable.

The answer to the Packers kicking woes is to stop kicking fucking field goals!

Wrayfield

I think the one that's been in the ground for the last 50 years could probably do a better job.

I even checked if they were related. All I know is every time this dude opens his mouth, nonsense comes out of it. Reading the ESPNCleveland (there is an ESPN Cleveland!?!?!?), he would be more of a puppet so no real football decisions by him.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I even checked if they were related. All I know is every time this dude opens his mouth, nonsense comes out of it. Reading the ESPNCleveland (there is an ESPN Cleveland!?!?!?), he would be more of a puppet so no real football decisions by him.

He'd still be making player decisions (draft, free agency) he'd just have to report to Banner about those and Banner would have final say in any decision he makes.

eznark

Banned
Niners need this logic as well. Akers has been garbage this year and trying to play for FGs has likely cost the 2 seed.

I'd be more nervous about it with Kaepernick (at least right now) just because he has made some mental errors. I trust Rodgers, Brady, etc. to be smart about it.

squicken

He'd still be making player decisions (draft, free agency) he'd just have to report to Banner about those and Banner would have final say in any decision he makes.

Banner has no personnel background as far as I know. Was just the money guy in Philly. How is he now making personnel decisions? Is Haslam part of that too?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
So when does the offseason thread usually go up for fans of us loser teams?

Will literally burn every single piece of Jets shit I own if Mark Sanchez is on this team next year.

Nice to see that the Dolphins aren't interested in a gimmicky offense with Tannehill:

But asked about the possibility of using the spread option more, Sherman said, “At this level, you have to be very careful. It’s something that we’ll do but not a real heavy dose of.”

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/12/18/3146696/miami-dolphins-ryan-tannehill.html#storylink=cpy

Sherman gets it!

So when does the offseason thread usually go up for fans of us loser teams?

Will literally burn every single piece of Jets shit I own if Mark Sanchez is on this team next year.
Please post videos if you decide to do this!

I read the Article, it's written in typical Tony Grossi fashion. So like I said discredit the whole article. Nothing to see here.

eznark

Banned
I totally forgot Mike Sherman was coaching in Miami. Man, that's a really nice coaching staff.

I was kind of hoping he'd be mentioned for the Badger job.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
he's due 8.5m. Can't trade him. i think he's there no matter what

Then cut his ass.

He's a sunken cost anyway. I hate when NFL teams do this shit. Like the Rams passed up on RG3 because Sam Bradford is making a lot of money and because hes making a lot of money he is therefore the future.

The Jets have to pay Sanchez all that money. Might as well just pay him the money and not have him fuck the team with his shit play yet again.

I totally forgot Mike Sherman was coaching in Miami. Man, that's a really nice coaching staff.

I was kind of hoping he'd be mentioned for the Badger job.
The question is, will they ever be good enough to make up for the Ireland factor? I do really like Sherman though, and I like the job Philbin has done so far as well. There have been very few times this year when I felt like he made the wrong call in a given situation.

Wrayfield

Then cut his ass.

He's a sunken cost anyway. I hate when NFL teams do this shit. Like the Rams passed up on RG3 because Sam Bradford is making a lot of money and because hes making a lot of money he is therefore the future.

The Jets have to pay Sanchez all that money. Might as well just pay him the money and not have him fuck the team with his shit play yet again.

I agree. Make a statement, you will suffer from your GM's decision either way. At least you won't see his sulky-scared face.

squicken

Then cut his ass.

Jets can't cut Sanchez. Cap hit would be $15m. Cutting Bradford would have been ~$30m 2012 cap hit.

The Jets screwed themselves in giving him the extension, not with a refusal to cut him now. The Rams got screwed by the old CBA, not by refusing to cut Bradford

Bad Wrayfield! Don't encourage them to cut him!

Let them keep the Sanchize for ever and ever.
I think people are just being too hasty when it comes to Sanchez. The guy has been very solid at times, and has shown legitimate flashes of brilliance. Remember the AFC Championship runs? Sanchez is the answer for the Jets, I honestly think it's in their best interest to offer him as long a contract as possible when the time comes. They should also offer him as much guaranteed as he wants as I'm sure that will help his performance down the stretch.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Jets can't cut Sanchez. Cap hit would be $15m. Cutting Bradford would have been ~$30m 2012 cap hit.

The Jets screwed themselves in giving him the extension, not with a refusal to cut him now. The Rams got screwed by the old CBA, not by refusing to cut Bradford

Well fuck.

Can't they just Keyshawn Johnson him? Pay him his 8.5 million to stay away and tell him to go hang out at the local high school looking for chicks.

Guess I should probably just start burning my Jets stuff today. Sigh.

eznark

Banned
I think people are just being too hasty when it comes to Sanchez. The guy has been very solid at times, and has shown legitimate flashes of brilliance. Remember the AFC Championship runs? Sanchez is the answer for the Jets, I honestly think it's in their best interest to offer him as long a contract as possible when the time comes. They should also offer him as much guaranteed as he wants as I'm sure that will help his performance down the stretch.

100% agree.

Talon

Masterful. 10/10. A triumph.

Wrayfield

Hehe, you guys.

100 year/1 Billion dollar deal. Keep him on the roster after he dies.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

I may re-open the review on the Dolphins application to the shame circle after this post.

Masterful!

Greg

my Tebow chants slowly stopped as I read that

Meier

Freeman has 25 TDs versus 12 INTs. What?! I never would have guessed the discrepancy was so great. It's fucking easy to put up big numbers as a QB these days.

squicken

Well fuck.

Can't they just Keyshawn Johnson him? Pay him his 8.5 million to stay away and tell him to go hang out at the local high school looking for chicks.

Guess I should probably just start burning my Jets stuff today. Sigh.

Could just come up with a fake injury and put him on IR I guess

The thought of those two being related is laughable. Vince Lombardi's illegitimate bastard child's incest-born son (if he had one) would do a better job than Michael Lombardi.

Wrayfield

If the Mayan calendar is right, I will finish a forgetful year of work that very day. My most notable accomplishment of this year would be going a stellar 7-0 in the ultra-uncompetitive Shirtless FF League....... Anything else have been kinda meh in 2012.

Seriously though, I always get down towards the end of the year. I look at what I wanted to accomplish, then look at the year that's about to pass and I think, shit, that didn't work out now did it... I should go back to games......

The thought of those two being related is laughable. Vince Lombardi's illegitimate bastard child's incest-born son (if he had one) would do a better job than Michael Lombardi.

Yeah, I know, that's why I dismissed it until just now. You know how sometimes all the talent of parents is missing from their kids. It kinda skips a generation or two or 500.

squicken

Why not just bench him?

darkside wanted him away from the team like Bucs did with Keyshawn. Pay him but not cut him. Do that and it's still a roster spot. IR and he goes away but gets his money

Saw this in the NYT

“A simple reason: politics. Specifically, the politics of managerial self-preservation. The GM, Mike Tannebuam, had made too many bad picks and too many bad signings over too long a period to concede that Mark Sanchez was another. He saw it as the straw that might break the camel’s back. So rather than admit as much, the Jets fashioned an Orwellian environment in which they consistently denied a reality that was obvious to everyone

And it hasn’t been limited to Sanchez. What about insisting that Ducasse play in lieu of Slauson when the position coach admitted that Ducasse is terrible? What about their transparently disingenuous insistence on claiming that they wanted Brian Schottenheimer back following last season? Or the post-season press conference at which Mike Tannenbaum responded to allegations of a talent deficiency by claiming that the Jets had “a locker room full of” guys like Victor Cruz?

Tannenbaum is obviously of the mind that if he refuses to admit the existence of a problem, no one else will figure it out. The organization’s motto has effectively become “Just deny it, baby.” But now, after another bad season, the emperor’s clothes are becoming so sheer that even Tannenbaum will have a hard time insisting that they’re silk.”

my Tebow chants slowly stopped as I read that
No need to stop man, Tebow is obviously a key element of the formula as well. You have to remember, this is Sparano's first year as the Jets offensive coordinator so he just hasn't had the time he needs to properly design an offense to take advantage of all of the weapons the Jets have at their disposal. Once the dual-QB system is fully and properly implemented into the Jets offense they will truly be a force to be reckoned with. I shudder at the thought of Sanchez and Tebow in the backfield together in the dual-shotgun formation (one slightly offset to the right, one to the left).

No need to stop man, Tebow is obviously a key element of the formula as well. You have to remember, this is Sparano's first year as the Jets offensive coordinator so he just hasn't had the time he needs to properly design an offense to take advantage of all of the weapons the Jets have at their disposal. Once the dual-QB system is fully and properly implemented into the Jets offense they will truly be a force to be reckoned with. I shudder at the thought of Sanchez and Tebow in the backfield together in the dual-shotgun formation (one slightly offset to the right, one to the left).
I was with you before, but how dare you try to drag Tebows name with Markie?!

eznark

Banned
darkside wanted him away from the team like Bucs did with Keyshawn. Pay him but not cut him. Do that and it's still a roster spot. IR and he goes away but gets his money

Saw this in the NYT

Sanchez sucks but as an in-the-pinch backup he's fine I guess. I wouldn't bother going through the machinations just to have to replace him with some other garbage backup.

I was with you before, but how dare you try to drag Tebows name with Markie?!
In all seriousness though, I would actually like to see Tebow get a chance to start somewhere. Regardless of what you think about him it's hard to deny that he's at least better than some of the starters in the league right now, and at the moment he's just wasting away in NY.

squicken

Sanchez sucks but as an in-the-pinch backup he's fine I guess. I wouldn't bother going through the machinations just to have to replace him with some other garbage backup.

I think it's one of those things where they just need a clean break. I can't imagine Rex comes back, and they can always work out a face saving way to trade him. The fans are going nuts. There's just no way to bring him back. Might have to live with the dead money and have 2013 be a lost year

In all seriousness though, I would actually like to see Tebow get a chance to start somewhere. Regardless of what you think about him it's hard to deny that he's at least better than some of the starters in the league right now, and at the moment he's just wasting away in NY.
If only he would of went to the Jags :/ he might of missed his window now

Greg

you should be hired as Rex's PR guy

I agree. I'll take him over Alex Green and Ryan Grant for us.

Top Bottom