• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 16 |OT| The Comeback is Bigger than the Win

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
The guy who says Detroits DL is the best in the history of football is worried about hyperbole?

Whoa whoa whoa, I never said history, I just said at the start of the 2010 they were IMO the best DL in the league. I was wrong due to our defensive end play but I'll take our defensive tackle core of Suh, Fairley and Corey Williams over anyone in the league.

What I said was Ndamukong Suh has the potential to be one of the best and most disruptive defensive lineman to play since Reggie White and I still believe that. He's only 24 years old.

If I'm building a 4-3 defense and I'm playing a fantasy draft the first player I draft is Suh. I was preaching the Suh gospel when he was at Nebraska.

squicken

If I'm building a 4-3 defense and I'm playing a fantasy draft the first player I draft is Suh. I was preaching the Suh gospel when he was at Nebraska.

You are spelling Watt wrong. Yes HOU technically plays a 3-4, but he is the best DL at every position in either alignment except at nose

brentech

Whoa whoa whoa, I never said history, I just said at the start of the 2010 they were IMO the best DL in the league. I was wrong due to our defensive end play but I'll take our defensive tackle core of Suh, Fairley and Corey Williams over anyone in the league.

What I said was Ndamukong Suh has the potential to be one of the best and most disruptive defensive lineman to play since Reggie White and I still believe that. He's only 24 years old.

Bullshit.
You've said with no mistake that Suh is the greatest defensive player in the league since Ray Lewis.
Biggest load of shit dropped in NFL GAF.

Larry's was somewhere else...

Watt's more of a 3-4 DE/DT and is a stud no doubt, but I would still take Suh over him. Suh does so much that doesn't show up on the stat sheet.

That's true, the stat sheet never tells the entire story.
There's no way to factor just how much effect a well-placed dick-kick can have on an opposing player.

squicken

Watt's more of a 3-4 DE/DT and is a stud no doubt, but I would still take Suh over him. Suh does so much that doesn't show up on the stat sheet.

I know what you are saying about Suh. He was very disruptive in the Thanksgiving game and the Colts game w/o registering the stats. And both he and Watt suffer from being on teams with otherwise poor talent. DET is worse, but HOU has issues. It leads to the "if he is so good why did __ score 80 points?"

But Watt does all those non-stat things and he gets the stats as well. It's really one of the most dominant seasons by a defensive player I have ever seen.

eznark

Banned
ive only watched suh extensively in 2 games, both of the 49ers games. and in both games he looked completely mediocre

He is, generally, completely mediocre. Teams run right down his throat and he is lazy as hell (or just lacks any stamina).

Fairley is exponentially better in every single facet of the game

squicken

He is, generally, completely mediocre. Teams run right down his throat and he is lazy as hell (or just lacks any stamina).

Fairley is exponentially better in every single facet of the game

I think DET is horribly coached. Suh plays undisciplined and cheap and that is coached by Cunningham and Shortz. They need to clean house there. Who cares if Shortz just got a contract or took them from 0-16? He sucks

eznark

Banned
I think DET is horribly coached. Suh plays undisciplined and cheap and that is coached by Cunningham and Shortz. They need to clean house there. Who cares if Shortz just got a contract or took them from 0-16? He sucks

True that probably plays a huge part, but Suh is delusional and deluded. No way he will ever take coaching.

They would likely still be bad, but for a team in a new city, it might not be a bad move to draw some attention to themselves. I'd go for the hell of it if I was you.
I'll probably just end up going if the Broncos are in town anyway.

If they get Tebow, I imagine they won't have to worry about moving to LA, all those crazy Gator/Tebow fans will actually watch Jags games.

I think anyway.
True. Tebow would pretty much keep them in Jacksonville.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I know what you are saying about Suh. He was very disruptive in the Thanksgiving game and the Colts game w/o registering the stats. And both he and Watt suffer from being on teams with otherwise poor talent. DET is worse, but HOU has issues. It leads to the "if he is so good why did __ score 80 points?"

But Watt does all those non-stat things and he gets the stats as well. It's really one of the most dominant seasons by a defensive player I have ever seen.

squicken
One of NFLGAF's most reasonable and informed posters

Agree that Watt does tons that doesn't show up on the stat sheet and has revolutionized defensive line play with the swat technique. It was done before but never perfected the way Watt has.

Bullshit.
You've said with no mistake that Suh is the greatest defensive player in the league since Ray Lewis.
Biggest load of shit dropped in NFL GAF.

Larry's was somewhere else...

Eh we're mincing words here. After Suh's rookie season I said if I'm building a defense the first player I pick is Suh due to a couple of reasons:

1.) He's a physical freak of nature who is quick enough to play defensive end yet strong enough to play DT.
2.) He has a mean streak that Detroit's defense lacked since Robert Porshe
3.) A teams defensive success begins and ends with the defensive line.
4.) He's only 24 years old.

JJ Watt would probably be the second player I would take if Suh weren't available.

Without Suh our defense would probably be the worst in the league, with him our defense is probably ranked #15-20. Rarely does one player make that much of a difference on defense.

Tebow in Jax would atleast give people a reason to watch, shiiat it might make ms a jags fan on the side. Also thy Qb guru guy wants to work with Tebow

squicken
One of NFLGAF's most reasonable and informed posters

Agree that Watt does tons that doesn't show up on the stat sheet and has revolutionized defensive line play with the swat technique. It was done before but never perfected the way Watt has.

Eh we're mincing words here. After Suh's rookie season I said if I'm building a defense the first player I pick is Suh due to a couple of reasons:

1.) He's a physical freak of nature who is quick enough to play defensive end yet strong enough to play DT.
2.) He has a mean streak that Detroit's defense lacked since Robert Porshe
3.) A teams defensive success begins and ends with the defensive line.
4.) He's only 24 years old.

JJ Watt would probably be the second player I would take if Suh weren't available.

Without Suh our defense would probably be the worst in the league, with him our defense is probably ranked #15-20. Rarely does one player make that much of a difference on defense.

i legitimately cannot and will not say suh is a top 20 defensive lineman in the NFL

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I think BJ Raji is hot garbage. BJ Raji is better than Donkeykong Suh.

Lets just throw out some stats for defensive tackles since the games about to start:

Suh- Tackles, 30 Tackles, FF- 0, Sacks- 6.5 Sacks

BJ Rahi- Tackles, 21 Tackles, FF- 0, Sacks- 0

Haloti Ngata- 47 Tackles, FF- 0, Sacks- 4.5

Vince Wilfork- 42 Tackles, FF- 2, Sacks- 2

StatsINC has Suh ranked as the #2 defensive tackle in the league.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8272566/nfl-scouts-inc-2012-top-defensive-tackles-rankings

You may not personally like the guy but to say he's anything other than one of the best defensive lineman is the league is factually incorrect.

squicken

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer
Ron Gronkowski, Alfonzo Dennard, Brandon Spikes didn't even make the trip for Pats. Which might have been a big deal, if trip wasn't to Jax.

Damn that 49ers game wrecked them. Already packing it in

Based on what?

You're absolutely crazy if you believe that. I don't know what else to say.

here are 20 defensive lineman i would take in front of suh (this isn't in any particular order, just as i think of them off the top of my head):

justin smith
cameron wake
vince wilfork
bj raji
jj watt
richard seymour
ray mcdonald
chris long
jason pierre paul
chris clemons
darnell dockett
john abraham
charles johnson
ngata
calais campbell
justin tuck
will smith
jared allen
julius peppers
carlos dunlap

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer
Ron Gronkowski, Alfonzo Dennard, Brandon Spikes didn't even make the trip for Pats. Which might have been a big deal, if trip wasn't to Jax.

Damn that 49ers game wrecked them. Already packing it in

No reason to play them.They need Dennard the most I think.That final SF td came when he went out and Arrington was on Crabtree.

Top Bottom