• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 16 |OT| The Comeback is Bigger than the Win

Packers lose three top three running backs, top three wideouts, a tight end and two offensive linemen. Win division.

Lions lose their slot guy and a shitty tight end...oh what could have been if not for injuries!!

Excuses are like assholes. Detroit is overflowing with them.

Do you think that they just have a better bench then them plus if Aaron Rodger was to go down then that's when that team will fall apart.

Packers lose three top three running backs, top three wideouts, a tight end and two offensive linemen. Win division.

Lions lose their slot guy and a shitty tight end...oh what could have been if not for injuries!!

Excuses are like assholes. Detroit is overflowing with them.

The difference is that Green Bay is a real football organization that has drafted well and effectively used free agency. The Lions have wasted the later rounds of the last what, 5 drafts? This year we traded a pick for Mike Thomas and the dude barely does...anything.

It's like criticizing an illiterate person for not being able to read, then comparing him to a genius

eznark

Banned
Phoenix gets it.

Do you think that they just have a better bench then them plus if Aaron Rodger was to go down then that's when that team will fall apart.

My point is that the Lions talent sucks and their organization is a black hole of awful. Please blame injuries, because if losing Pettigrew is the reason you think you are in the cellar then you will remain in the cellar for eternity.

Doorman

People said this about Favre early in his career too. Honestly just let him get more season under him. Remember that this is his second full season playing.

Then I guess it's my problem that I don't want fucking Favre leading my team. Dude played for a long time, great, but all the inconsistency, the "gunslinging," the sending pictures of your penis to random women, I don't want that. I want a quarterback that displays that they actually know what the hell they're doing after spending four years in the league, studying NFL-caliber defenses and exercising his mechanics consistently.

brentech

If you put Stafford on the Packers, do they win the Super Bowl?
Probably don't even make the playoffs.

You look at the packers stats by game and almost all wins we have a positive turnover margin. Stafford is always in the season for giving.

JABEE

No because Stafford sucks. Guess who passed on Rodgers in the draft?
My point is that having Aaron Rodgers as your QB on a consistent basis overrides a lot of the injuries the Packers have. The Packers line is pretty sucky yet he still manages to win games and put up MVP-like numbers. The Lions or the Eagles have injuries and they crumble. There are no leaders on these teams.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
My point is that the Lions talent sucks and their organization is a black hole of awful. Please blame injuries, because if losing Pettigrew is the reason you think you are in the cellar then you will remain in the cellar for eternity.

We were 10-6 and a playoff team last year with out QB throwing for 5,000 yards and 41 TDs at 23 years of age.

We're not the Jaguars or the Eagles, we have a foundation built for the future.

eznark

Banned
My point is that having Aaron Rodgers as your QB on a consistent basis overrides a lot of the injuries the Packers have. The Packers line is pretty sucky yet he still manages to win games and put up MVP-like numbers. The Lions or the Eagles have injuries and they crumble. There are no leaders on these teams.

Right, the injuries aren't the problem. That's my point.

eznark

Banned
We were 10-6 and a playoff team last year with out QB throwing for 5,000 yards and 41 TDs at 23 years of age.

Do you just pretend like this season isn't happening? Remember that one good year the Browns had with Derek Anderson? That's the 2011 Lions.

brentech

Now subtract his turnovers from the 41 touchdowns and tell me he's impressive.

Do you just pretend like this season isn't happening? Remember that one good year the Browns had with Derek Anderson? That's the 2011 Lions.

Lol no you couldn't be farther from the truth on that one. Detroit will rebound from this they got a good enough foundation just need some coaching changes.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
11/11 for Matt Ryan, while Roddy White has 106 yards and 2 TDs.

Falcons ran about 11 screens against the Giants last week and are continuing that gameplan today. Fuck.

untitled-19ukn7.gif

Doorman

This is true unless proven otherwise. The only player on our team that has proven having sustainable high-level talent is Calvin Johnson. One player. Anything more is just speculation and hope at this point.

JABEE

I know we're going to suck for a couple more years, but your team has sucked since time began and will continue to suck in the foreseeable future.

eznark

Banned
Lol no you couldn't be farther from the truth on that one. Detroit will rebound from this they got a good enough foundation just need some coaching changes.

Finding a good coaching staff is hard as fuck. Finding one that would want to deal with these thugs and clowns and live in the closest thing to hell on earth in America? Good luck.

I do agree though.

This is true unless proven otherwise. The only player on our team that has proven having sustainable high-level talent is Calvin Johnson. One player. Anything more is just speculation and hope at this point.

Do we though? We've got the best WR in the league and a decent QB who is prone to stupid decisions. We have no secondary; Delmas can't stay healthy. Suh is overrated and will demand a huge contract soon. We have one decent LB, a weak o-line (including a FIRST ROUND pick who can't beat out Gosner fucking Cherelis), a good DE (Avril) we probably can't afford, a WR with two blown Achilles and another with a broken leg, an RB with a concussion problem who will never play another game in the NFL...

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I know we're going to suck for a couple more years, but your team has sucked since time began and will continue to suck for the foreseeable future.
If Reid gets sacked, absolutely. I think the Eagles have a great shot at .500 every season with Reid.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex

Matthew Stafford is not Derek Anderson if thats what your trying to imply. This argument about Stafford being mediocre is getting tiresome and is simply not true.

Top Bottom