• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 16 |OT| The Comeback is Bigger than the Win

Matthew Stafford is not Derek Anderson if thats what your trying to imply. This argument about Stafford being mediocre is getting tiresome and is simply not true.

Honestly the they just say that cause they don't pay attention to the team and see he's having a down season and all of a sudden he's horrible. This is damn near GameFAQs level of ignorance.

Doorman

Do we though? We've got the best WR in the league and a decent QB who is prone to stupid decisions. We have no secondary; Delmas can't stay healthy. Suh is overrated and will demand a huge contract soon. We have one decent LB, a weak o-line (including a FIRST ROUND pick who can't beat out Gosner fucking Cherelis), a good DE (Avril) we probably can't afford, a WR with two blown Achilles and another with a broken leg, an RB with a concussion problem who will never play another game in the NFL...

This is what I was getting at. Where is this "solid young base" that people talk about? Stafford, Calvin, Suh? Like I said, Calvin is the only one that's shown that he can play at a high level for more than one season, and you can't build a team around only three players, anyway. How many of our draft picks from round 3 or below have actually become worthwhile players on the team? Maybe Joique Bell, maybe? Deandre Levy, kind of? Everyone else has proven inconsistent or injured. I haven't hated Mayhew's drafts in theory, but the lack of producing talent kind of speaks for itself.

Matthew Stafford is not Derek Anderson if thats what your trying to imply. This argument about Stafford being mediocre is getting tiresome and is simply not true.

Again, it's true until proven otherwise. One good year does not an elite QB make.

Wes

venison crêpe
So if the Falcons get the #1 seed they have to wait an extra week than last year to get knocked out in the playoffs right?

brentech

Honestly the they just say that cause they don't pay attention to the team and see he's having a down season and all of a sudden he's horrible. This is damn near GameFAQs level of ignorance.
Yea, because we all said he was fucking great last season, right?
Get the fuck out clown

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I know your enjoying seeing Julio.

jamie-foxx-sesame-street-creepy.gif

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Do we though? We've got the best WR in the league and a decent QB who is prone to stupid decisions. We have no secondary; Delmas can't stay healthy. Suh is overrated and will demand a huge contract soon. We have one decent LB, a weak o-line (including a FIRST ROUND pick who can't beat out Gosner fucking Cherelis), a good DE (Avril) we probably can't afford, a WR with two blown Achilles and another with a broken leg, an RB with a concussion problem who will never play another game in the NFL...

We have our QB for the future which at least half the teams in the NFL don't have, Megatron, Burleson and a decent offensive line (Gosder has been playing great this year IMO).

On defense we have the best interior defensive line in the league and thats where the success of your defense starts and ends.

A couple of great draft picks and a good FA acquisition or two and we'll be right back where we were last year. This season has been extremely disappointing and frustrating but I know theres light at the end of the tunnel.

JABEE

If Reid gets sacked, absolutely. I think the Eagles have a great shot at .500 every season with Reid.
I want the Eagles to get a coach and QB that can win a Super Bowl. The Eagles have had good teams in the past that lose due to stupid coaching decisions and poor time management. The only reason they are so bad this year is because the line is demolished and the rest of the team quit.

eznark

Banned
We have our QB for the future which at least half the teams in the NFL don't have, Megatron, Burleson and a decent offensive line (Gosder has been playing great this year IMO).

On defense we have the best interior defensive line in the league and thats where the success of your defense starts and ends.

A couple of great draft picks and a good FA acquisition or two and we'll be right back where we were last year. This season has been extremely disappointing and frustrating but I know theres light at the end of the tunnel.

If the interior of the defensive line is where defensive success starts and ends why does the Detroit defense get its shit pushed in ever week?

Wes

venison crêpe
Yep. They just delay their vacation by a week.

It's probably good coaching that the players haven't caught on to this and stopped playing yet. If it was me I'd let Stafford on each snap do cartwheels a gentle cardio activity into the end zone.

You mean the interior defense that can't stop the run and rarely scares the QB on a good team?

Doorman

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD JUST FUCKING CUT STEFAN LOGAN ALREADY

I guess Kast and I just are not going to be able to talk about this team...I disagree with everything bolded there, frustrating as it is to admit.

Top Bottom