• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 16 |OT| The Comeback is Bigger than the Win

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
Honestly the they just say that cause they don't pay attention to the team and see he's having a down season and all of a sudden he's horrible. This is damn near GameFAQs level of ignorance.

There are a lot of us that can't stand Stafford and were shitting on him last season.

Oh, c'mon now. Even I'm not going that far. I had to go through this conversation last week too. I'm not saying to cut Stafford and I wouldn't be looking to draft his replacement in the first round of the draft this year or anything. It's just...he's a #1 overall pick. We selected him to become an absolute superstar, amongst the best in the league, and he hasn't shown that yet. Teams are not afraid of Matt Stafford "carving them up." I'm not killing the guy, but he doesn't have the benefit of the doubt from me either. I need to see what he is still.

I am absolutely a Lions fan. I just wish the team I'm supporting was actually...y'know, good. For more than one flukey year.

I am just venting frustration. I don't think Stafford is going to be anything special now, and while a healthy Lions offense could mask that, we are so thin and our run game in such disarray that he can't lead this team right now. I don't think we can cut him because there's no options out there for Detroit, but I don't know what we can do.

Doorman

Lions never playing on Monday again.

We're 1-7 in nationally-televised games in the last two years. Soon to be 1-8. I said it before the game even started, this team is a failure on the big stage.

I am just venting frustration. I don't think Stafford is going to be anything special now, and while a healthy Lions offense could mask that, we are so thin and our run game in such disarray that he can't lead this team right now. I don't think we can cut him because there's no options out there for Detroit, but I don't know what we can do.

And that's the issue. For all the time there's been so far, it turns out that this team is still absolutely riddled with problems, and in terms of actual production we still don't seem like we're actually that far off from the dark days of Millen. That's really depressing.

matt-ryan-get-the-fuck-off-my-field-GIF.gif

beast786

You don't think having no one on the edge to contain a pocket has hurt the effectiveness of a collapsing interior? Lol, ok.

you said about VB phoning in, he has been on constant decline.

obviously that has been the huge problem with lions outside end, especially on the running game. the whole idea behind wide nine is to protect edges from outside runs. Avirl , which you praise has been worse, giving up huge TD runs (viking/seattle)by giving up his containment . pretty much none on VB side.

squicken

Cobb would be great in any offense. Other than that I think they are mostly #2s. Atlanta has two amazing 1s.

can't speak for this year but Jennings is a #1 when healthy. Jordy is an excellent #2 probably. Driver in his day the same. ted is so good at finding talent that fits what they do

eznark

Banned
can't speak for this year but Jennings is a #1 when healthy. Jordy is an excellent #2 probably. Driver in his day the same. ted is so good at finding talent that fits what they do

I'm not sure. I love Jennings but he has lost a lot of his lateral quickness and has been pretty slow out of breaks the entire year. Maybe it's all because of current injuries and won't linger but I don't know. I wouldn't want to give him a ton of money.

Your last point is key. Thompson is an under appreciated God.

squicken

I'm not sure. I love Jennings but he has lost a lot of his lateral quickness and has been pretty slow out of breaks the entire year. Maybe it's all because of current injuries and won't linger but I don't know. I wouldn't want to give him a ton of money.

Your last point is key. Thompson is an under appreciated God.

I phrased that oddly. I don't know about now, but the previous few years I thought Jennings was a #1. Saturday may have bombed but it was a low cost mistake. Wells is going to be a problem for a few years in STL, though down the list

We have a lot of depth because like you said Ted consistently knows what to look for. We don't have any freak athletes like Calvin though, its just that overall the entire corps is amazing. He hits so often.

Don't think we really have a true " No 1 " on the team which could be good and bad.

eznark

Banned
I phrased that oddly. I don't know about now, but the previous few years I thought Jennings was a #1. Saturday may have bombed but it was a low cost mistake. Wells is going to be a problem for a few years in STL, though down the list

I agree with you. I can't remember the last bad move from Thompson. Some odd high draft picks but I think he sometimes takes chances early because he is confident he is better than everyone else mid-rounds.

Greg

We have a lot of depth because like you said Ted consistently knows what to look for. We don't have any freak athletes like Calvin though, its just that overall the entire corps is amazing. He hits so often.

Don't think we really have a true " No 1 " on the team which could be good and bad.
That's why they need to pick up TO.

verbum

I agree with you. I can't remember the last bad move from Thompson. Some odd high draft picks but I think he sometimes takes chances early because he is confident he is better than everyone else mid-rounds.

Dimitroff in Atlanta has done pretty well the last 5 years.

Good to see the Falcons apply the heat and get that bye.

brentech

Justin Harrell was a sad pick. Real risk that flat out failed. Constantly injured at Tennessee and no different when brought into the NFL. Biggest flop pick for Ted that I can think of.

eznark

Banned
Justin Harrell was a sad pick. Real risk that flat out failed. Constantly injured at Tennessee and no different when brought into the NFL. Biggest flop pick for Ted that I can think of.

Yeah but he did pretty well elsewhere in that draft didn't he?

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
If we don't get a turnover soon its game over. Shame we have to shit it up on national TV, NFL will probably dock us a game next year if we get killed tonight.

Top Bottom