• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 16 |OT| The Comeback is Bigger than the Win

I've read theories that good teams should trade up and get impact talent b/c they already have starters that would be hard to displace. Close playoff games hinge on one or two plays, and more physically gifted players are more likely to make those plays that you need.

Ted clearly drafts for sustainability, and you guys won a SB, so you can't argue with it.
Yep. But I'd actually argue ted subscribes to that theory too. I think he's recognized that now that the general talent pool on our team is pretty good (thanks to his approach in years past), he has taken those chances recently on guys he believes in. Casey Hayward has been an impact player this year, for example. And Matthews being the obvious draft pick to point to.

Doorman

So Atlanta leads...and abandons the running game? Not that I think the Lions secondary isn't something to victimize, but a little bit of variety throws us off our game pretty quickly.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Huge 3rd down stop by the defense.

Disgraceful showing by the fans. If it were Seattle every fan in the stadium would be on there feet not sitting like Detroit fans just did.

Doorman

Matt Ryan is a pussy, Suh barely touches him and he Cutlers to the ground

It's not being a pussy, it's smart play. If anybody makes it look like they go down hard against Suh, they have a pretty good chance of getting some sort of personal foul flag against him for it.

It's not being a pussy, it's smart play. If anybody makes it look like they go down hard against Suh, they have a pretty good chance of getting some sort of personal foul flag against him for it.
You give that gumpy farmer too much credit. He does that no matter who touches him.

Stafford is so locked on Megatron he's going to get his other guys killed. He's had Scheffler open on a few plays and ignored him, yet throws a 2-yards pass that nearly gets Scheff killed.

Also Megatron is good.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Stafford is so locked on Megatron he's going to get his other guys killed. He's had Scheffler open on a few plays and ignored him, yet throws a 2-yards pass that nearly gets Scheff killed.

Also Megatron is good.

Our #2, #3, #4 WR plus our #1 TE our out so he doesn't have much of a choice.

Also #71 DE for the Falcons was so offsides there.

I seriously wonder the percentage of our runs that are shotgun draws

Honestly from observation at least 80% and its one of the major reasons our run game sucks.

Doorman

Even Leshoure is starting to make a few moves. It's kind of weird seeing the energy in the stadium suddenly start to come alive like this. Jaded as I am about the team, even I'm feeling excited at the prospect of seeing Calvin make a mark here.

Top Bottom