• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 16 |OT| The Comeback is Bigger than the Win

woodchuck

I was hard on Rob Ryan earlier in the season, but damn. From Dallascowboys.com:

The Cowboys have already had 24 players on the field for at least 100 defensive snaps. And Moore will likely see 35 snaps against the Saints this Sunday to become No. 25. No Dallas defense the last decade has had more than 20 players reach 100 defensive snaps. The data doesn’t track back any further, but chances are good that no defense in franchise history, outside of possibly 1989, had more than 20 players reach the century mark.

No other defense in the NFL has had 24 players on the field for at least 100 snaps this season. The league average is 20.2. A dozen teams haven’t even reached 20 players yet, and San Francisco is currently at 14. Yes, 14, as in 10 fewer than Dallas. The 49ers have had 10 players take at least 840 defensive snaps. The Cowboys have had one, Brandon Carr. That is staggering.

In the NFC East alone, none of the other three teams has had more than 20 defensive players reach 100 snaps. So the injuries haven’t been overstated in the least. The Cowboys have had 36 players take the field on defense this season, or 12 more than the 49ers.

Watched Shaun of the Dead for the first time this morning. Pretty good show.

Does anyone have Rayman Origins on Vita? How is it? On sale for PSN members for $14.69. Might bite.
I have it on the Vita and PS3 and I prefer it on the Vita. It's got some cool additions to make it the best version and it looks amazing on that screen. If you like 2D platformers you'll love it.

Godslay

Banned
You mean stay away from most OT threads then. At least for dirty Romney voters like me!

I'm a Democrat, but more of a rural democrat. So I think some of my views are considerably different than a more liberal democrat. I still stay away for the most part in those threads.

I have it on the Vita and PS3 and I prefer it on the Vita. It's got some cool additions to make it the best version and it looks amazing on that screen. If you like 2D platformers you'll love it.

Thanks. I did buy it, but I have to pick up a bigger memory card sometime today. 8GB is just not cutting it anymore.

jwWmENj2urAJJ.jpg

The Disney reanimation project has been a huge success

JABEE

So I dvr'ed the game last night and I just finished watching it. What the fuck is up with Stafford, did he hurt his shoulder this year or something? Almost every throw is sidearm. I dont remember him doing that anywhere near as much in previous seasons. The Lions really need to get someone new to come in and work with him if he isnt hurt cause his mechanics are just terrible.

I noticed this too. His mechanics were awful yesterday.

bionic77

You mean stay away from most OT threads then. At least for dirty Romney voters like me!
At least you have the guts to admit you are a anti-science, racist who believes in supply side economics and mostly likely alchemy and exorcisms considering the makeup of that base.

Most people wouldn't admit those kinds things in a public forum. It's like saying you like Nintendo or circumcision (for the record I am in favor of both).

squicken

Is there a rule that games that are blacked out locally can't be on Sunday Ticket? I think I read that once. Fucking Bucs fans better not screw me over

Question for you guys: why do the Jets have to lose one of their last two for the Dolphins to get in instead of the Steelers? I guess it's some weird tie-breaker thing but I don't really understand it because they're playing the Bills and Chargers. Not that it'll happen anyway but I'm just curious.

Thanks. I did buy it, but I have to pick up a bigger memory card sometime today. 8GB is just not cutting it anymore.
I hear ya, I'm in the same boat. For the time being I just avoid buying anything digital but it's getting tough. I just wish they had 3rd party cards like the PSP did.

Striker

They Giants are beat up injuries are killing them, and they are full swing second half collapse 2-4 so far,I would say they win this game if Nicks was healthy but the dude is one legged WR right now, stop Cruz and you stop the Giants offense because Nicks is a after thought...as for the defense just run on the edges they can't stop anyone...
Kind of how I feel. It's just time for guys like Bennett, Hixon, and Randle to be used more and for them to take advantage of any redzone chances they get.

Beckum is out again (shock), so they'll probably activate another WR.

JABEE

At least you have the guts to admit you are a anti-science, racist who believes in supply side economics and mostly likely alchemy and exorcisms considering the makeup of that base.

Most people wouldn't admit those kinds things in a public forum. It's like saying you like Nintendo or circumcision (for the record I am in favor of both).
:jnc

Is there a rule that games that are blacked out locally can't be on Sunday Ticket? I think I read that once. Fucking Bucs fans better not screw me over

Yeap, pretty sure that's true. When I go to a Sunday Ticket channel for a game that I have locally it just make me switch to the local channel. Therefore if it's blacked out youre SOL (outside of red zone)

squicken

Correct if you are in that market. You live in Tampa?

no, houston. for some reason i thought that even if i'm not in the local market DTV still can't show the game. I thought I got that error once last year. Going by their FAQ I'm not seeing that so shouldn't be an issue

eznark

Banned
no, houston. for some reason i thought that even if i'm not in the local market DTV still can't show the game. I thought I got that error once last year. Going by their FAQ I'm not seeing that so shouldn't be an issue

Nah you're fine. But it won't be on game mix.

Tamanon

Banned
Going to miss the first part of the Jags game it seems. Fiance needs to go to the ER because of possible pneumonia. Doesn't she know it's the holidays? First time she's been sick in our three years together!

The Bengals' offense has been trash since Sanu went down. I have no confidence in a win today.

But, I'll go nuts if they do.

We have like, no cornerbacks.

Ike is out, Keenan Lewis and Cortez Allen are injured, and Curtis Brown sucks outside the Nickel. DVD was put on IR this week too, not that he ever saw the field on defense anyway.

beast786

blackouts are based on where you are watching the game , even if the game is sold out, or even another Radom game that is on local channel it will be blacked out on Sunday ticket.

So basically, any game on your local tv/cable will be blocked out on ticket
Any local game not sold out will be blocked on ticket

Top Bottom