• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 17 |OT| The Gift That Keeps on Giving

Godslay said:
Peyton vs. Eli next year.
Meanwhile, at Tabris' house:

masturbation.jpg

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I actually think an NFL-GAF All-Pro team wouldn't be too bad. Except for OL. Nothing is worse in the history of the universe than NFL-GAF's evaluation of offensive linemen

Let's do it. I'll start.

QB - Peyton Manning. I think this one is easy. Best stats + best story. Rodgers and Brady can make a case, but not one as compelling.

Milchjon

RT: Sebastian Vollmer. Genug gesagt.
WR: I'd like to nominate AJ Green. Love watching the Bengals, and knocking the Steelers out of the playoffs deserves bonus points.

squicken

Let's do it. I'll start.

QB - Peyton Manning. I think this one is easy. Best stats + best story. Rodgers and Brady can make a case, but not one as compelling.

I think we get so used to Rodgers and Brady that we forget how awesome they are. I won't argue. Those three guys are all above the rest

RB is a slam dunk. Peterson. TE too w/ Gonzo

edit:

Guess 3 WRs, 1 TE, and 1 RB

My three WRs would be Megatron ... and then I have no idea. I guess Marshall. no idea on a third

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Clay Matthews would be an all pro 2nd teamer...

Randall Cobb deserves something because the dude is amazing. He doesn't have the gaudy stats though...

So who are the best LBs? Bowman and Willis?

Personal bias also says Brandon Spikes, but purely for how amazing he is against the run and his intensity, too bad he's too slow to cover anybody :(.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I'm going to have to disagree at the TE position. My vote goes to Heath Miller. He has numbers comparable to Gonzales and Graham, and was the best blocker the Steelers had all year. He led wr screens, wham blocked tackles and was singled up on pass rushing ends. He was just unreal this year. He's going to miss the next game, though. And possibly most of next year... Fuck you, Bengals!

squicken

Clay Matthews would be an all pro 2nd teamer...

Randall Cobb deserves something because the dude is amazing. He doesn't have the gaudy stats though...

Besides Megatron and Marshall I really have no idea. So many great QBs and WRs not so coincidentally play with each other. You could see Thomas' talent even when Tebow was there. Now he has Peyton and he is awesome. Do we hold that against him?

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Besides Megatron and Marshall I really have no idea. So many great QBs and WRs not so coincidentally play with each other. You could see Thomas' talent even when Tebow was there. Now he has Peyton and he is awesome. Do we hold that against him?

I'd say AJ Green or Dez Bryant for the number of spectacular plays and touchdowns.

squicken

I'm going to have to disagree at the TE position. My vote goes to Heath Miller. He has numbers comparable to Gonzales and Graham, and was the best blocker the Steelers had all year. He led wr screens, wham blocked tackles and was singled up on pass rushing ends. He was just unreal this year. He's going to miss the next game, though. And possibly most of next year... Fuck you, Bengals!

I didn't watch much of either guy. I'm just going with Gonzo b/c of all the guys in primetime games, he was the best imo. A flawed reasoning but it's the best I can offer

FB: Michael Robinson

No fullbacks! this isn't the 70s

Lance Briggs, Vilma, Suggs

Maybe even John Abraham?

Is Vilma actually any good? Always thought that he was just a hyped big name who got a high Madden rating and that's why people thought he was good, like Mayo. Plus he plays on maybe the worst D in the league, although I'm not sure if you can really hold that against them, look at Wilfork, a great player, but such a terrible D around him, does that make him a lesser player?

squicken

Partial to AJ just b/c so much of their offense is throw it up and hope he catches it. From a stat perspective he's much less efficient than Dez b/c of how often he is targeted

DE- Watt+Wake
DT/NT- Justin Smith, Atkins

Works for me. Maybe Wilfork but he doesn't seem as consistently disruptive

brentech

Screw Dez, dude is either shut out for long periods of time or is completely dogging it all exhausted because he ran... You know, his job.

Top Bottom