• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 17 |OT| The Gift That Keeps on Giving

tmdorsey

Not surprised by Spoon being left out. Nicholas has been more consistent in coverage.

Surprised by the lack of Decoud, though. Him and Moore make the defense go. I still stand by the statement that Moore is the best player on that side of the ball. He makes a huge difference when he's on the field.

Hear hear

Hali of the Chiefs made the Pro Bowl as well? Dude wasn't even the best pass rusher on his own team, let alone the whole AFC. Justin Houston impressed me a whole lot more and I'm not sure even he should have made it.

Screw Dez, dude is either shut out for long periods of time or is completely dogging it all exhausted because he ran... You know, his job.

I kinda agree, dude can absolutely light it up, but he also has the special gift of completely disappearing. AJ Green, Megatron and Wes Welker as the WRs.

Talon

They finally spent this year, though. Agree with you about he owners, and just organizations in general. Lots of players we think are disappointments or busts never had much of a chance. It's why I'm sort of glad David Carr makes millions and got a ring for doing nothing in NY other than look pretty
He sure is dreeeeeeamy.

5J7ja.png
10/10. Will laugh again.

Godslay

Banned
Besides Megatron and Marshall I really have no idea. So many great QBs and WRs not so coincidentally play with each other. You could see Thomas' talent even when Tebow was there. Now he has Peyton and he is awesome. Do we hold that against him?

I think he is getting there. Thomas does have a lot of talent, but he does disappear for games. His route running has improved, and he seems to have built a good relationship with Manning. I think next year he will really shine.

Here's and article detailing how he has improved over the year with Manning:

http://mattwaldmanrsp.com/2012/12/04/influenced-by-excellence-demaryius-thomas/

Striker

Giants Pro Bowler selections: Cruz, JPP, and Snee.

Snee had absolutely no business in there. Reputation pick, but were there no others breaking out? Bizarre.

JPP had a down year rushing the passer. Still did a great job in pressures and stopping the run. Not sure I would've voted him in the Pro Bowl though.

Cruz should have went last year, so this works out. He did have a good, but not great year.

Talon

Chris Snee and Jeff Saturday showing that inertia is the most powerful force in the Pro Bowl.

Also, Thomas Morstead had a ridiculous year. Wasted effort maybe. Something in the water in Louisiana.
Eight teams had no Pro Bowl players: Carolina, Philadelphia and St. Louis in the NFC, and Tennessee, Buffalo, Jacksonville, San Diego and Oakland in the AFC.
Spanos mad

Is Vilma actually any good? Always thought that he was just a hyped big name who got a high Madden rating and that's why people thought he was good, like Mayo. Plus he plays on maybe the worst D in the league, although I'm not sure if you can really hold that against them, look at Wilfork, a great player, but such a terrible D around him, does that make him a lesser player?

I've always liked Vilma, he was one of my favorite players when he was on the Jets, I'm kind of sad they got rid of him. But I think he's a good player and I would think he is on Wilfork status, a good player but with shit around him.

Talon

I've always liked Vilma, he was one of my favorite players when he was on the Jets, I'm kind of sad they got rid of him. But I think he's a good player and I would think he is on Wilfork status, a good player but with shit around him.
Well, nobody was sure Vilma could check out medically.

He was great in coverage. Bastard has tipped a lot of balls over the last few years (Nelson laugh). I have a lot of memories of him getting trucked, though.

Greg

In case you don't go to gaming side, hell of a deal for Vita memory cards:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=505660
Damn, those are some great deals (considering their original prices).

I haven't been playing much or else I'd be all over that. My poor 8GB doesn't have much life left.

Is the Vita even a system worth getting? Playing Ass Creed on it sounds enticing
It's great. I haven't purchased much new for it recently, but it's a nice piece of hardware and I'm perfectly content with it being my portable HSG machine. I'm not sure how Assassin's Creed turned out for it, but the content in general is there.

Screw Dez, dude is either shut out for long periods of time or is completely dogging it all exhausted because he ran... You know, his job.

This is definitely true for his first 2.5 seasons. But the second half of this season he has just been a different player. Hopefully that is how he will keep playing.

Godslay

Banned
Damn, those are some great deals (considering their original prices).

I haven't been playing much or else I'd be all over that. My poor 8GB doesn't have much life left.

It's great. I haven't purchased much new for it recently, but it's a nice piece of hardware and I'm perfectly content with it being my portable HSG machine. I'm not sure how Assassin's Creed turned out for it, but the content in general is there.

Bought a 16GB card. $38 with tax. Not bad considering it's $60 everywhere else. I was tapped out with a 4GB.

As far as the Vita, I would agree with you. PS+ is great for it as well. Gravity Rush, Uncharted, Wipeout, and Mutant Blobs have all been great this month. I also have to get to Alundra, FFT, Rayman, and Ys. Great handheld system though.

brentech

This is definitely true for his first 2.5 seasons. But the second half of this season he has just been a different player. Hopefully that is how he will keep playing.
He does seem to have come on, but he really needs to show it consistently.

It's crazy cause there would be times last season where he'd start off lighting the game up, then never really seen in quarters 2,3,4

He does seem to have come on, but he really needs to show it consistently.

It's crazy cause there would be times last season where he'd start off lighting the game up, then never really seen in quarters 2,3,4

I think it was a conditioning problem, but if anything, it's been the opposite this season. 10 of his 12 touchdowns have come in the second half. Of course part of that is the Cowboys having Romo start calling plays(instead of Garrett) in the no huddle trying to make a desperate comeback but still, I think Dez is a different player now that he was before.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Wow they're only double the price of SD cards with that deal.

I'm still sticking with my 8GB

Will wait for 32GB to be < $30 to be even remotely possible to buy

I can delete and re-install, no clue why some people want 20+ games loaded up

Put 3-5 on 8GB card, play those, when finished, move the fuck on to next batch

Talon

I would put Timmons ahead of Derrick Johnson.

Tight End, Miller over Gonzalez.

Just going over the list to see who I think got in on rep.
Tony Gonzalez is in the AFC?

Gonzalez is having his best season in years - definitely deserved to be in there, although Witten should start.

He'll be back for the playoffs with a bionic collarbone.

I hope. Didn't Leroy Butler have to retire due to a collarbone injury?
Why do you want him back?

He is a PI machine and the defense is playing lights out without him.

Unless Capers puts him in exclusively on running downs, don't fuck with the juju.

Top Bottom