• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 17 |OT| The Gift That Keeps on Giving

Why do you want him back?

He is a PI machine and the defense is playing lights out without him.

Unless Capers puts him in exclusively on running downs, don't fuck with the juju.
8D9bC.gif

I wouldn't play him at cornerback, but Capers won't do that either. He's our de-facto best safety, and he can probably even fill in at a hybrid ILB spot (I'm hoping for this. Capers, prove to me you've still got it!). As long as he doesn't have to cover WRs he's still one of the best players we have on defense. Dude knows where the ball is going!

brentech

I'd like to think no one would take it that far, but at the same time it's a shitty thing to say about someone you really don't know anything about.

Hell, I'd like to believe that we're beyond feeling that way about someone. There is so many other shitty things to worry about in this world.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Cannot believe i committed account suicide. What a shitty way to go out.
Maybe you'll luck out since this thread is an outpost on the fringe of GAF and I honestly can't remember the last time someone got banned here.

Actually never mind, it was FMT for saying something way less offensive haha

I'd like to think no one would take it that far, but at the same time it's a shitty thing to say about someone you really don't know anything about.

Hell, I'd like to believe that we're beyond feeling that way about someone. There is so many other shitty things to worry about in this world.

It's really fucking sad to question a man's "blackness" without knowing much about him other than that he has a white fiance or "hangs around white people". You don't know what kind of racist shit RG3 has or hasn't had to go through in his life, let alone having to prove how black he is to anyone. Meanwhile if he had a bunch of tattoos, 5 illegitimate kids and a rap sheet why do I get the feeling people like Ari wouldn't be questioning if he were an Uncle Tom? Dr. King would be proud of how far we've come.

On a different note, the guy at advancednflstats was bored (presumably) and made a Sports Column Generator. Sample output:

San Francisco Beats Green Bay
By Rip Schemmel

San Francisco's victory over Green Bay showed the rest of the leauge what they're capable of, but it also exposed some weakness in its approach. San Francisco was able to take care of the ball, limiting turnovers on their way to the win. If Green Bay wants to be in the mix for a playoff spot, they'll need to right the ship before next week's showdown with their division foe.

Alex Smith stepped up in the clutch to seal the game, proving he's one of those rare players who rises to another level when the game's on the line. He said after the game, "I thought the coaching staff put us in a position to be successful. We just went out there and executed the gameplan." Alex Smith needs to be careful not to look past next week's opponent. Their upcoming match-up will be nationally televised in prime time, a classic trap game.

Aaron Rodgers appeared unfocused at times, and often appeared confused by what San Francisco threw at him. "We stuck together and gave it 110 percent. It just wasn't enough to get the win in the end," he said in the post-game press conference. Aaron Rodgers is a great student of the game, and he'll bounce back. He'll need to for Green Bay to climb back in to the playoff hunt.

Green Bay just can't contintue to make the kinds of mistakes they made at this level of the sport. The defense left a lot to be desired, giving up far too many yards both on the ground and in the air. The offense's performance was downright ugly. Their futility was on display all day. They'll need to return to a run-heavy gameplan to set up the pass.

San Francisco has proven they can get it done in crunch time. Both San Francisco and Green Bay know will need to make ajustments to beat quality teams. San Francisco really dodged a bullet and escaped with the 'W'.

He'll be back for the playoffs with a bionic collarbone.

I hope. Didn't Leroy Butler have to retire due to a collarbone injury?

Leroy butler was one of my fav players when I was a kid. Maybe it's me. I did this to wood! It's a curse and I'm bad luck

Why do you want him back?

He is a PI machine and the defense is playing lights out without him.

Unless Capers puts him in exclusively on running downs, don't fuck with the juju.

Nah we'd be better with him back but not in any kind of traditional role. Elfforkusu sums it up nice!

8D9bC.gif

I wouldn't play him at cornerback, but Capers won't do that either. He's our de-facto best safety, and he can probably even fill in at a hybrid ILB spot (I'm hoping for this. Capers, prove to me you've still got it!). As long as he doesn't have to cover WRs he's still one of the best players we have on defense. Dude knows where the ball is going!

That and he doesn't shy away from contact. He's not scared to lay the wood and our soft ass defense needs someone running around inviting contact instead of avoiding it at all costs(Tramon)

Edit---

Also I think ari needs to take a break from NFL GAF. Keep stupid shit like that out of this thread.

It's really fucking sad to question a man's "blackness" without knowing much about him other than that he has a white fiance or "hangs around white people". You don't know what kind of racist shit RG3 has or hasn't had to go through in his life, let alone having to prove how black he is to anyone. Meanwhile if he had a bunch of tattoos, 5 illegitimate kids and a rap sheet why do I get the feeling people like Ari wouldn't be questioning if he were an Uncle Tom? Dr. King would be proud of how far we've come.

Im not black but a lot of my immediate family are and I think the entire concept questioning how "white/black/whatever" someone is completely asinine.

It makes me sick. People are people.

Narag

On a different note, the guy at advancednflstats was bored (presumably) and made a Sports Column Generator. Sample output:

It might be premature to say that Indianapolis's victory on Sunday puts them on the path to postseason success. But Green Bay dropped a badly needed game they wish they could have back. Indianapolis put their doubters on notice that their momentum had finally turned. If Green Bay wants to be in the mix for a playoff spot, they'll need to right the ship before next week's showdown with their division foe.

Andrew Luck's second half performance was critical in the win. At times it appeared he willed his team to victory. "We just found a way to get it done today," he said after the game. "We've got a lot of great guys in the locker room. This team is special," he added. For now, Andrew Luck has shown that he can fit in to Indianapolis's new scheme, and can be an effective leader both on and off the field.

ripped from the headlines

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Suh should have made it

7 sacks 34 tackles and 24 QB legal hits without decapating heads or body slams

The fact that Gerald McCoy got picked over Suh is a joke but what are you gonna do. The negative publicity is distracting from his prowess on the field.

In related Suh and Bucs defensive lineman news Suh is inviting Warren Sapp to mentor him and give him football related advice which I highly doubt he will take up since he can't mentor his own kids.

Defensive coordinator Gunther Cunningham has offered to go over film with Sapp to show him how much he's off the mark.

Still, Suh was serious about listening to what Sapp had to say.

"I have said since I've been young, and I am still young in this game, that I have a lot to learn," he said. "I am not afraid to learn from anybody; from somebody who I am playing with or somebody who's been long gone out of the league for five, six years.

"I am not afraid to learn from anybody, or in essence take a backseat role and learn from somebody who's gone through the ropes already."

Suh, for the record, is having an outstanding season. He has posted eight sacks, 19 quarterback hits and 28 hurries.

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20121226/SPORTS0101/212260396#ixzz2GELORDQH

JABEE

So, do the Eagles win this weekend with Vick or do we keep the 3rd or 4th pick in the draft? Who should we draft at those positions. I don't watch College Football, but Manti Te'o and Jarvis Jones seem to be the players slotted to go at those spots. Jones is a pass rushing outside line backer, while Te'o is a middle linebacker. It's hard to know what direction they will go with the pick without knowing who the coach will be.

Who would you go with in those two spots? I open this question up for all of NFL-GAF to answer.

ripped from the headlines
It's eerie, isn't it?

Maybe the generator is just a ruse, and this is really a covert leak (wikileaks style!) of the secret template the sports writers guild has been using for decades.

Yeah he's ass in coverage :(
He's not as fast and he can't turn anymore. So basically he's a LB... although let's be honest, most safeties can't cover for crap either (otherwise they'd be cornerbacks!)

jbug617

Banned
So, do the Eagles win this weekend with Vick or do we keep the 3rd or 4th pick in the draft? Who should we draft at those positions. I don't watch College Football, but Manti Te'o and Jarvis Jones seem to be the players slotted to go at those spots. Jones is a pass rushing outside line backer, while Te'o is a middle linebacker. It's hard to know what direction they will go with the pick without knowing who the coach will be.

Who would you go with in those two spots? I open this question up for all of NFL-GAF to answer.

Do you expect the new coach to use Foles next year. For example if you guys hire Chip Kelly maybe he wants to draft someone like Geno Smith.

I think Te'o will go around 9-11 like Kuechly did this year.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
So, Do the Eagles win this weekend with Vick or do we keep the 3rd or 4th pick in the draft? Who should we draft at those positions. I don't watch College Football, but Manti Te'o and Jarvis Jones seem to be the players slotted to go at those spots. Jones is a pass rushing outside line backer, while Te'o is a middle linebacker. It's hard to know what direction they will go with the pick without knowing who the coach will be.

I'm not going to get super into the draft until around combine day, but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't go with Te'o. Seems like a 2 down backer. Unless he's a pass rusher or a freak athlete, I wouldn't take a lb in the top 20 picks.

brentech

The fact that Gerald McCoy got picked over Suh is a joke but what are you gonna do. The negative publicity is distracting from his prowess on the field.

In related Suh and Bucs defensive lineman news Suh is inviting Warren Sapp to mentor him and give him football related advice which I highly doubt he will take up since he can't mentor his own kids.

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20121226/SPORTS0101/212260396#ixzz2GELORDQH
He should contact McCoy and ask how not to look like a rodeo clown during run plays.
McCoys stats aren't all that different and he actually stuffs the run. Bucs lead the league there.

I didn't have a problem with what Rob said, within the context of having an issue with RG not wanting to be be compared to other black QBs.

Bro, you black you nice. It's been a struggle for us. Don't say shit like that in print. It wasn't the correct PC approach IMHO...

Rob did say he dropped Tiger after he said he wasn't black. So yea, naturally, Parker gonna be on the offensive if he perceives something similar to be happening again.

The cornball brother shit? They obviously had a production meeting, and if they willfully let him say that? Lol, more power to them.

Rorschach

I didn't have a problem with what Rob said, within the context of having an issue with RG not wanting to be be compared to other black QBs.

Bro, you black you nice. It's been a struggle for us. Don't say shit like that in print. It wasn't the correct PC approach IMHO...

Rob did say he dropped Tiger after he said he wasn't black. So yea, naturally, Parker gonna be on the offensive if he perceives something similar to be happening again.

The cornball brother shit? They obviously had a production meeting, and if they willfully let him say that? Lol, more power to them.

When did he say he didn't want to be compared to black QBs? The only comment I saw was RGIII saying he'd prefer being compared to someone who has actually done something (like Rodgers) rather than some new QB that hasn't done shit (Cam). And he said he understood why he was being compared to him at the time (they were about to play and the media likes to say the matchup is QB vs QB instead of QB vs defense and also because they run similar offenses). I didn't see a comment where he said that he doesn't want to be compared to black qbs or that he doesn't want to be seen as black.

Top Bottom