• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 17 |OT| The Gift That Keeps on Giving

RBH

baseball in general should be suspended

Y0h7v.gif

cajunator

Banned
Who else is working today?

And what did you slobs get for Christmas?

I freaking LOVE coming to work the first few days following x-mas. It is dead in here. I have no kids to take care of and I get to goof off on GAF and the internet while eating my Apple and chocolate milk (horrible breakfast I know, but I didn't have time to get anything better).

Then I am leaving at 2 to go home and watch the kids play in the snow.

What a great day!

Also, I still hate football.

I worked Christmas Eve, the 26th, and on through next tuesday. Back on regular schedule of 7/7.
My relatives almost exclusively buy me Saints/LSU/ULL related stuff of all kinds for Christmas. Tried and true.

Slo said:
Because they're fucking worthless humans that are got damned near starving all of the time, as gifts they got paper towels, laundry soap, etc. Somebody gave him a $25 Visa gift card and he immediately ran to the nearest PC and bought 20 games on Steam with it.
0hSXL.jpg

I've got a friend very much like that. Comes over to my place and has a long look on his face when I order food since he has no money (and I generally cover him cause I feel like a shit if I don't). Can't cover his own cost to go to a movie. Always complains about being broke and never having any money. Then calls me and tells me how he just bought the LOTR Trilogy on Blu-Ray for $40. Or comes over with a handful of new Blu-Ray's he just bought the week before. Convenient...

Slo

Also, what is your bro's nick on GAF? He must be active on the gaming side!

Honestly, he's right in the GAF target demographic, but sadly I don't think he has an account.

- 1930s fashion, fedoras, suspenders
- Renaissance festival staff member
- Gamer
- $40k in student loans, didn't get a degree, works at Target

eznark

Banned
Honestly, he's right in the GAF target demographic, but sadly I don't think he has an account.

- 1930s fashion, fedoras, suspenders
- Renaissance festival staff member
- Gamer
- $40k in student loans, didn't get a degree, works at Target

I had no idea Bob was your brother

beast786

While I was giving you shit I am kind of Nazi when it comes to television and computer access for my kids. I don't really think I am going to give my kids access to games until they are 10+ and even then it will be strictly moderated.

Still won't be that tablet shit though if and when they get to play games. I am going to fire up a SNES and tell them they can either play some Super Metroid or read a book.

Also, what is your bro's nick on GAF? He must be active on the gaming side!

My son plays LBP and Raymon orgin on my vita with me. It is amazing how fast he is picking up. He completely gets the analog stick. His only problem is run jump and getting the concept to advance you have to keep going right. He just turned 3 last month.

bionic77

[]http://i.imgur.com/0hSXL.jpg[/IMG]

I've got a friend very much like that. Comes over to my place and has a long look on his face when I order food since he has no money (and I generally cover him cause I feel like a shit if I don't). Can't cover his own cost to go to a movie. Always complains about being broke and never having any money. Then calls me and tells me how he just bought the LOTR Trilogy on Blu-Ray for $40. Or comes over with a handful of new Blu-Ray's he just bought the week before. Convenient...
I really hate how inconsiderate poor people can be.

Instead of thinking of themselves all the time and being poor they should earn more money and be more successful.

I mean don't they realize how bad they make us feel?

cdyhybrid

Sherm vindicated. Roger's witch hunt can only go so far. I told you Pete is a Saint and his team is a reflection of him.

All you disrespectful people who called him a cheater should apologize!

bionic77 said:
I really hate how inconsiderate poor people can be.

Instead of thinking of themselves all the time and being poor they should earn more money and be more successful.

I mean don't they realize how bad they make us feel?
Damn right.

If you don't have the disposable income to buy your own fucking food - you shouldn't be out buying the LOTR trilogy. Enjoy the good things in life when your stomach is full and you're not mooching on my good fortune.

It's not much to ask...

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
As someone who works as a mining engineer for a coal company I can confirm this.
Mining coal supposedly is a hazardous job!

Baseball is only hazardous to my wrists when it's the only thing on in the middle of summer. And since it's an odd numbered year, no World Cup or Olympics...

Greg

What are you PC guys playing these days? Just ordered a cheap build that'll be used for production since I'm getting rid of my laptop, but this APU will run modern games well enough.

I thought you were my friend.
I'll still buy you a beer at the bar.
as long as we aren't watching baseball

Mining coal supposedly is a hazardous job!

Baseball is only hazardous to my wrists when it's the only thing on in the middle of summer. And since it's an odd numbered year, no World Cup or Olympics...

If he's in Florida he's probably doing something with limestone quarries.

Narag

My 30 year old man-baby brother was at Christmas just the other day. He and his wife went around cornering people over 55 and telling them about their new videocard and the unique language J.R.R. Tolkein created in the LotR trilogy. Because they're fucking worthless humans that are got damned near starving all of the time, as gifts they got paper towels, laundry soap, etc. Somebody gave him a $25 Visa gift card and he immediately ran to the nearest PC and bought 20 games on Steam with it.

With your guy's guidance, maybe I can raise my kids to be just like him. I fear they will grow up to be financially and socially successful.

He's married? Forgive me but that throws everything about the anecdote into doubt!

Slo

He's married? Forgive me but that throws everything about the anecdote into doubt!

They met at a Renaissance festival. She was just a small town wench, living in a lonely world. She took the midnight carriage heading any-wherrrrrrrrrrrrrreeee...

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
What are you PC guys playing these days? Just ordered a cheap build that'll be used for production since I'm getting rid of my laptop, but this APU will run modern games well enough.
Nothing right now since I'm at the in laws for Christmas...no PC!

Been buying a bunch from the steam sale from my phone though. The only problem is what to play when I get back! Borderlands 2 probably.

Acording to Mike Lombardi, Reid, Turner, and Rivera are gone on Black Monday

Chip Kelly Future! (for one of these teams)

P.S. Damn, this thread has taken a turn for the insular. Between ari last night and yall today, apparently you're not allowed in NFLGAF unless you're a rich white person or a tatted out black thug on welfare.

I just saw your posts on the most stressful sporting events thread, are you a Dukie? You must hit the rich person demo. Also, fuck Duke.

Nothing since i'm trying to refrain from wasting my money on games I don't end up playing.

Top Bottom