• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 17 |OT| The Gift That Keeps on Giving

Owzers

I hope he goes 40/45 for 480 yards passing with 6 TD's and 0 INT's. That way the Jets can realize that he isn't at all the problem and spend the off-season working on creating an offense that takes advantage of all of his unique strengths. I mean, come on guys, when has Joe Namath ever been wrong about anything? Sanchez is the answer, he just needs some help!

i'll say the jets win 13-7, Bills are awful too, Sanchez goes for 17-28 with 180 yards and 1 sack fumble.

MrBob sounds like a Pokemon name.
So, do you guys think Matt Barkley will be as much of a failure as Sanchez?
Impossible! I honestly don't think he'll be horrible, I think he can be pretty good given some weapons around him.
Maybe I should scrap the Barkley = Ryan and go with Barkley = Flacoo. I'm sorry Falcons fans

MrBob sounds like a Pokemon name.

Impossible! I honestly don't think he'll be horrible, I think he can be pretty good given some weapons around him.
Maybe I should scrap the Barkley = Ryan and go with Barkley = Flacoo. I'm sorry Falcons fans

If Barkley = Ryan then I'm sure whatever team drafted him would be more than happy with that result.

mr2xxx

Banned
From pro football focus:

Race for ROTY

1. Russell Wilson, QB, SEA (+33.1)

I remember talking about Wilson with Neil Hornsby during preseason. He came away convinced he was pretty special, to which my cynical response was let’s see how he would do during the regular season. Well, the cynic in me dies a little every time I see Wilson, instead I’m stunned by his play. He was superb against San Francisco and his form, especially in the second half of the year, makes a mockery of the fact 74 players were taken ahead of him in any draft class. There aren’t 74 players in the league I’d take over him.

2. Robert Griffin III, QB, WAS (+31.8)

This week RG3 attempted only 24 passes, yet his adjusted accuracy percentage of 95% should tell you how on target he was. A good performance with him not really testing the Eagles’ secondary, and with Wilson playing so well he drops from the top spot for the first time. Play well and win against Dallas though and it will take some performance to keep him from the top spot.

3. Andrew Luck, QB, IND (+3.5)

The Chiefs’ defense is no pushover, so it should probably relieve a lot of Colts fans that it’s the best Luck has played for quite some time. His accuracy still concerns me, but I’m looking forward to seeing him in the playoffs.

Barkley has better accuracy and throws a nicer deep ball than Sanchez. Don't know if that will translate to the pros (if his pocket presence against pressure is as bad as Mark, it won't) but I think he's a better prospect.

jbug617

Banned
I just watched this Sanchez gif.
mark-sanchez-flinch1.gif

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I mean we grew up this shit on Apple IICs and 386 computers with stuff like Oregon Trail and Math programs. No one learning shit from that. All we wanted to do was fuck around and play games on them.
The beauty of games like Oregon Trail and Carmen Sandiego was that you learned shit without realizing it.

bluemax

Banned
So, do you guys think Matt Barkley will be as much of a failure as Sanchez?

I'm obviously biased but I think Barkley will be better. Comparing him to Sanchez is as lazy as comparing black quarterbacks to each other just because they're black.

Barkley has been a starter for 4 years and has shown much more leadership and maturity in college. I think one of his biggest problems is that Lane Kiffin is a shitty head coach and and even shittier offensive coordinator/play caller. With some better coaching in the pros I think Barkley can improve on some of his deficiencies.

I will admit I don't watch much college football, but who was the last USC QB that wasn't a failure?

Carson Palmer? He had better numbers while with the Bengals than Eli Manning had during the same time span.

Rorschach

They didn't want to affect the playoffs, so they let him slide.
As much as I love AP. Calvin Johnson is OPOY. But , if AP wins. I am ok with that also.

AD has helped his team much more than Calvin has. Garbage time stats don't matter. Also, Lions GAF has taught me that the only reason Calvin is good is because of the great play by Stafford. AD has nobody playing QB. I think they just leave the roster spot empty IIRC.

tmdorsey

And a world where all he throws is fucking bubble screens all day and still manages to get intercepted. He should have 75%+ completion percentage.

You disappoint me Rors. You sound like someone who sees one national game and think that's what the QB is all about. I won't blame you, I will just blame it on your frustration with Greg Knapp which I can relate to all too well.

mr2xxx

Banned
His stats are meaningless though. Gruden agrees.

Thats a BS argument, give the man MVP! How can you be considered for MVP last year when your team was winning, but this year do better and not even mentioned? Logically speaking his team got worse and he got better which makes him even more valuable. It is what it is but fuck it, just make individual awards for sets of positions.

beast786

They didn't want to affect the playoffs, so they let him slide.

AD has helped his team much more than Calvin has. Garbage time stats don't matter. Also, Lions GAF has taught me that the only reason Calvin is good is because of the great play by Stafford. AD has nobody playing QB. I think they just leave the roster spot empty IIRC.

Yes, because CJ is assisted by a great running game?

AD fullback made the starting pro-bowl. He has 5 guys in front of him making holes from him.

How in the world CJ has garbage stats? Stupidest thing i have read.

Rorschach

You disappoint me Rors. You sound like someone who sees one national game and think that's what the QB is all about. I won't blame you, I will just blame it on your frustration with Greg Knapp.
You guys are nothing without Knapp. You should hire him back.

Yes, because CJ is assisted by a great running game?

AD fullback made the starting pro-bowl. He has 5 guys in front of him making holes from him.

How in the world CJ has garbage stats? Stupidest thing i have read.

He has the best QB in the league throwing to him. We've seen good QBs make average WRs look great before. This is just another example. AD has 8 or 9 guys in the box every play. He has to work for his yards.

bluemax

Banned
Don't forget about that time he raped that girl in college.

Allegedly. It never went to court or anything.

I remember it because there were helicopters all around campus the night that all supposedly went down.

So what exactly is Sanchez' problem? Is it that he lacks work ethic or doesnt study the game? Did he always suck like this? I dont follow USC football.

He didn't really play much in college. He was a starter for only 1 full season.

Top Bottom