• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 17 |OT| The Gift That Keeps on Giving

Narag

What are you PC guys playing these days?

Wrapped up a couple of the King's Bounty and the first Heroes of Might & Magic games recently. Currently forcing myself to finish Oblivion and looking at wrapping up Costume Quest too. Not sure what's next though!

wienke said:
I think he'd need to know if you're one of those "white" looking Hispanics first!
In the middle really. Brown and most folks confuse me for Italian more than hispanic more often than not. I desperately want to qualify here, ari!

I'm not short like the rest of NFL-Gaf apparently. 6'4 here.

In the middle really. Brown and most folks confuse me for Italian more than hispanic more often than not. I desperately want to qualify here, ari!

I'm not short like the rest of NFL-Gaf apparently. 6'4 here.

Shut your mouth, Eli. No matter how hard you try, nobody will think you're Italian.

eznark said:
Any of you clowns play Sleeping Dogs?
I have it. Only played the first hour or so though. I've been waiting for them to release a fix for the stuttering that was causing some issues. It looks like the last patch did that though so I may come back to it when Far Cry 3 eventually tires me out..

jbug617 said:
Rumor is that Tomb Raider is going to be the first Square Enix game on the Wii U in the US.
It wouldn't touch the PC version visually, but I would be interested to see what they could do with a Wii U port of Deus Ex Human Revolution and integrating the game pad into it. (probably nothing more than the having the menus there but even that would be convenient)

brentech

Been meaning to pick up Sleeping Dogs. Figured if just wait until I completed all the shit I already have on hand.
It can only get even cheaper over time me thinks.

beast786

Jason Hanson said he might not return next year
Logan is not returning any kicks for chicago game,hence he is done like dinner.

cajunator

Banned
I know a lot of Saints players wont be returning next year.
Could be a rebuilding year, which would be good because they sorely need some new talent on defense.

harSon

Banned
While I was giving you shit I am kind of Nazi when it comes to television and computer access for my kids. I don't really think I am going to give my kids access to games until they are 10+ and even then it will be strictly moderated.

Still won't be that tablet shit though if and when they get to play games. I am going to fire up a SNES and tell them they can either play some Super Metroid or read a book.

Also, what is your bro's nick on GAF? He must be active on the gaming side!

Forceful suppression never works. Moderation, yes, but outright suppression is going to rear its head in ugly ways down the line.

Good luck.

Ive never played a tomb Raider game before. Are they similar in feel to Uncharted? (or the other way around more like)
Tomb Raider and Uncharted have similar elements but their focus is different. Uncharted has pretty solid combat (and lots of it) with some light puzzle solving and platforming while TR typically has pretty bad combat (and not much of it) with lots of puzzle solving and platforming in big, open environments.

With TR you don't get a cover system, waves of enemies, and auto-platforming, but the games aren't nearly as cinematic and spectacular as the Uncharted games. Of course, since the new TR looks like a poor man's Uncharted all of that is apparently changing. As a big fan of classic TR I'm pretty bitter about it but that's just my two cents.

cajunator

Banned
Tomb Raider and Uncharted have similar elements but their focus is different. Uncharted has pretty solid combat (and lots of it) with some light puzzle solving and platforming while TR typically has pretty bad combat (and not much of it) with lots of puzzle solving and platforming in big, open environments.

With TR you don't get a cover system, waves of enemies, and auto-platforming, but the games aren't nearly as cinematic and spectacular as the Uncharted games. Of course, since the new TR looks like a poor man's Uncharted all of that is apparently changing. As a big fan of classic TR I'm pretty bitter about it but that's just my two cents.

Seeing as I really dontl ike combat (and especially that fuck-awful melee system in Uncharted 3) I think Tomb Raider might be good for me. I loved the puzzle parts of Uncharted 2 and 3 a lot. more of that sort of thing would be welcomed. Is it similar to Zelda sorts of puzzles/dungeons?

bionic77

Forceful suppression never works. Moderation, yes, but outright suppression is going to rear its head in ugly ways down the line.

Good luck.
I am pretty sure my kids will survive if they don't get a DS or iPad when they are 5.

It makes my life harder as a parent but I want my kids to focus on playing, reading, learning and social interaction. I don't really see what they stand to gain from playing games.

Please do not save this post and show what a huge hypocrite I will become 5 years from now...

Now that we are in the last week of the regular season, has anyone else felt less into it this year than previous years?

I don't know why, it might be the replacement referees messing up the flow of the season, but it seems more dull.

Do you guys feel the same?

Hopefully the playoffs are exciting. :)

beast786

I am pretty sure my kids will survive if they don't get a DS or iPad when they are 5.

It makes my life harder as a parent but I want my kids to focus on playing, reading, learning and social interaction. I don't really see what they stand to gain from playing games.

Please do not save this post and show what a huge hypocrite I will become 5 years from now...

My son speaks and learning french, knows his facial anatomy and planets from ipad. It is an amazing learning tool, its also a reading tool , plus also requires feedback which books dont.

Also, it does not need to be mutual exclusive as in ipad or socialization. You can do both.

cajunator

Banned
Now that we are in the last week of the regular season, has anyone else felt less into it this year than previous years?

I don't know why, it might be the replacement referees messing up the flow of the season, but it seems more dull.

My team was pretty fucked from the beginning, so I knew it was gonna be a rough year regardless. Was hoping we would sneak into the playoffs, but right now I would be satisfied with 8-8.

bionic77

Yes this season sucks massive balls.

No Tebow and no Steelers in playoffs is the reason for your misery. Buttfumble was pretty awesome and will be what we all remember about this season, but it can't make up for what we lost.

Seeing as I really dontl ike combat (and especially that fuck-awful melee system in Uncharted 3) I think Tomb Raider might be good for me. I loved the puzzle parts of Uncharted 2 and 3 a lot. more of that sort of thing would be welcomed. Is it similar to Zelda sorts of puzzles/dungeons?
I'd say TR puzzles are fairly similar to what you get in a Zelda game, yeah. There are lots of switches, levers, keys, and all that good stuff. It's hard for me to recommend TR these days to people though because the older ones are pretty primitive in terms of 3D platforming (the controls, in particular) so I'm not sure how good they would be without the nostalgia factor involved.

I'd say pick up Anniversary (remake of the first game in a more modern engine) or Underworld and see if you like those first and if you do maybe go back and check out I, II, and/or III.

I've been really into it this year thanks in large part to the new QB, head coach, and direction for the Dolphins. I honestly didn't expect them to win more than 4 or 5 games going in either so it's actually been a bit of a pleasant surprise.

bionic77

My son speaks and learning french, knows his facial anatomy and planets from ipad. It is an amazing learning tool, its also a reading tool , plus also requires feedback which books dont.

Also, it does not need to be mutual exclusive as in ipad or socialization. You can do both.
Agree to disagree.

I (and my wife, who actually did most of this) have taught my kids ABCs and their numbers from some stuff online and books, but in general I really don't believe that iPads or computers in general are good learning tools. I remember how much money and time my schools spent to put internet into every classroom, but it mainly serves as a distraction in my experience. I would never want to go back to typing up a term paper on a typewriter and obviously you can learn from videos and interactive apps from the iPad and a computer, but I don't believe that is what they are mainly used for. Usually it is games and endless Youtube.

I mean we grew up this shit on Apple IICs and 386 computers with stuff like Oregon Trail and Math programs. No one learning shit from that. All we wanted to do was fuck around and play games on them.

cajunator

Banned
So what exactly is Sanchez' problem? Is it that he lacks work ethic or doesnt study the game? Did he always suck like this? I dont follow USC football.

bionic77

So what exactly is Sanchez' problem? Is it that he lacks work ethic or doesnt study the game? Did he always suck like this? I dont follow USC football.
He always sucked. It was just disguised by very good coaching and an epic defense. The Jets built a short term team and did not have a real qb. They went as far as they could go with him. Now they are left with his huge contract for next year and are rebuilding yet again with no long term solution at qb.

I hope all of the Jets and coaching staff gets seriously injured in this last game.

jbug617

Banned

It started when Pete told Sanchez not to go into the draft because he was not ready yet. The Jets defense carried them 2 straight AFC championship (Sanchez played well also). He really never took the next step and you can argue that the Jets never really put enough talent to make him better. His WR core this year is trash.

One last chance to see Sanchez this season :p I hope he gets sacked 11 times too.
I hope he goes 40/45 for 480 yards passing with 6 TD's and 0 INT's. That way the Jets can realize that he isn't at all the problem and spend the off-season working on creating an offense that takes advantage of all of his unique strengths. I mean, come on guys, when has Joe Namath ever been wrong about anything? Sanchez is the answer, he just needs some help!

Top Bottom