• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 17 |OT| The Gift That Keeps on Giving

Rorschach

Dunno, but I sure hear Eric clapton's song on the radio a lot. It probably just gets censored in certain context.

They actually don't play the regular version on the radio anymore. They play the live version where the crowd mumbles "cocaine." FCC is stupid and they went full on tard after Janet's nipple.

cocaine is bleeped on the radio? lol, also how sad is the cards qb situation that brian hoyer is getting a start

At least this time it's due to injury. The last time we had a 5 win season (2010) we also went through 4 QB's because every one of them were awful. Problem is, Kolb gets injured on the regular.

Even after a rare visit from a mod, ari still isn't banned.

Strange... I guess they'll just let that shit slide? But people will get banned for all kinds of other silly shit. Like calling someone fat. Oh the humanity don't call people fat!

cajunator

Banned
They actually don't play the regular version on the radio anymore. They play the live version where the crowd mumbles "cocaine." FCC is stupid and they went full on tard after Janet's nipple.

I know Ive heard the original version on the radio here lately.
Will have to see if thats still the case.
Probably the people down here just dont give a shit and complain.

Strange...

isnt that all the proof you need that this particular forum section is pretty safe? Within limits of reason of course. There are still rules.

I know Ive heard the original version on the radio here lately.
Will have to see if thats still the case.
Probably the people down here just dont give a shit and complain.

isnt that all the proof you need that this particular forum section is pretty safe? Within limits of reason of course. There are still rules.

Calling someone an Uncle Tom is not within the limits of reason. We don't need that stupid shit in NFl GAF

Rorschach

Strange... I guess they'll just let that shit slide? But people will get banned for all kinds of other silly shit. Like calling someone fat. Oh the humanity don't call people fat!

Fatism is ok here. Sorry, Wisconsinites!

Most of y'all don't remember, but Ari was the first person ever to get banned from the OT forum. I think dubya was second.

effzee

Threw up in the Tampa game too. Epitome of anti-clutch!

Except the Tampa game he threw up in was an early season match up in Tampa. He threw up due to the heat.

The Tampa NFC Champ game was up in Philly in January. He didn't throw up but he didn't have a good game either. He also threw up in a game against the Jaguars in Jacksonville in 03 I believe. Season opener IIRC.

The vomiting thing is funny but it had no real effect on the game. Poor time management is the staple of all Reid teams even post McNabb. He just isn't good at it. Time outs are either burned before they even get into a 2 min drill or the plays take forever to be called in. One of the many odd weaknesses for a coach to maintain and never learn from.

He only appologized after everyone called his dumb ass out. At first, he wasn't remorseful in the slightest. When it was just him and ninja going back and forth he thought it was no big deal.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Ohhhh boy get hype

Bears defensive tackle Henry Melton called the Lions a dirty team this week, singling out Lions center Dominic Raiola for criticism. Now Raiola has fired back.

Raiola told the Detroit Free Press that Melton is a nobody.

“Who? Who? Exactly,” Raiola said.

Raiola said he has more respect for other players on the Bears’ defense, like Brian Urlacher, Lance Briggs, Charles Tillman, Israel Idonije and Julius Peppers. According to Raiola, all of those players play the game the right way, but Melton is more interested in drawing attention to himself.

“You got a defense full of superstars, and you don’t hear from the guys that carry weight in my book. Urlacher, Briggs, Tillman, Idonije, older guys. Peppers. The guys that have been there. We’re talking about guys who carry weight. This guy? Not in my book,” Raiola said.

Raiola siad Melton doesn’t deserve to be on the NFC Pro Bowl team and that Vikings defensive tackle Kevin Williams and Lions defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh would have been better choices.

“I mean, this guy, he made it to the Pro Bowl?” Raiola said. “This guy made the Pro Bowl? [Over] Kevin Williams, who worked through injuries all year? [Over] Suh, who’s a better player than this guy? Come on. It’s tiresome, especially from a guy like this, a guy that didn’t even play the past two weeks. . . . I don’t know what to say anymore. In my book, he’s a clown.”

The “dirty” Raiola and the “clown” Melton will be seeing a lot of each other on Sunday.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...inic-raiola-calls-bears-henry-melton-a-clown/

Say what you want about Raiola as a player, and he's gotten better the last two years, but as a teammate and locker room presence I love having the guy. Always one to stick up for his teammates.

Huge game for us on Sunday. Not only do we want to knock the Bears out of the playoffs but we cannot go into next season on a losing streak.

Ari apologized and edited it already. what more do you want from the guy?

Ari's a good guy and LionsGAF will need someone to shit on after we stomp the Bears Sunday.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I dusted off my xbox and popped in Lollipop Chainsaw. Haters be damned I enjoy the game.

It's not too hard and unless some levels get thrown in out of nowhere I should be able to finish it in under 10 hours. And I'm okay with that.

Also yes fuck completion, I just want to pass the game maybe in the future I'll go back and try to get the achievements or whatever the heck the kids do now.

Raiola siad Melton doesn’t deserve to be on the NFC Pro Bowl team and that Vikings defensive tackle Kevin Williams and Lions defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh would have been better choices.

“I mean, this guy, he made it to the Pro Bowl?” Raiola said. “This guy made the Pro Bowl? [Over] Kevin Williams, who worked through injuries all year? [Over] Suh, who’s a better player than this guy? Come on. It’s tiresome, especially from a guy like this, a guy that didn’t even play the past two weeks. . . . I don’t know what to say anymore. In my book, he’s a clown.”

Brofist, Raiola.

Now I really want to see the Bears get schooled by the Lions.

beast786

He only appologized after everyone called his dumb ass out. At first, he wasn't remorseful in the slightest. When it was just him and ninja going back and forth he thought it was no big deal.

Honest question?

Why is that word bannable? Wasnt born in this country, my perception was it means "negatively describe a person who betrays their own group by participating in its oppression"

How is that bannable by any stretch? We have people here calling players , murders, rapist etc etc. Why in this case it is so offensive.?

Honest question?

Why is that word bannable? Wasnt born in this country, my perception was it means "negatively describe a person who betrays their own group by participating in its oppression"

How is that bannable by any stretch? We have people here calling players , murders, rapist etc etc. Why in this case it is so offensive.?

Its racist.

Its racist.
medium.jpg

mr2xxx

Banned
Honest question?

When we joke its in jest or there is some truth to it, while Ari's Rg3 hate was unfounded and racist and not done in a joking manner.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Man, Lions players will resort to anything to get people to pay attention to their shitty team.

We're not a shitty team. The Jaguars, The Chiefs, the Eagles those are shitty teams right now. The Detroit Lions in 2008 were a shitty team.

This team is a few special teams plays and some boneheaded coaching decisions/referee calls from being at least .500. We're kind of going through a Texanscycle.jpg except our Matthew at QB will do great things one day (EDIT: He's actually already doing great things).

Oh well, next season.

Mrbob

Ohhhh boy get hype

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...inic-raiola-calls-bears-henry-melton-a-clown/

Say what you want about Raiola as a player, and he's gotten better the last two years, but as a teammate and locker room presence I love having the guy. Always one to stick up for his teammates.

Huge game for us on Sunday. Not only do we want to knock the Bears out of the playoffs but we cannot go into next season on a losing streak.

Ari's a good guy and LionsGAF will need someone to shit on after we stomp the Bears Sunday.

Good thing that 4-11 team is sticking up for each other. Imagine how bad they would be if there were dissension amongst the ranks.

We're not a shitty team. The Jaguars, The Chiefs, the Eagles those are shitty teams right now. The Detroit Lions in 2008 were a shitty team.

This team is a few special teams plays and some boneheaded coaching decisions/referee calls from being at least .500. We're kind of going through a Texanscycle.jpg except our Matthew at QB will do great things one day.

Oh well, next season.

Blaming not making a play here and there. Plight of the loser.

eznark

Banned

This team is a few special teams plays and some boneheaded coaching decisions/referee calls from being at least .500. We're kind of going through a Texanscycle.jpg except our Matthew at QB will do great things one day (EDIT: He's actually already doing great things).

Oh well, next season.

Adorable

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I'm offended but not horribly so by Ari since he is a joke poster. He's the Bears version of Lunchbox.

Kastrioti is getting there with some of his delusions about the Lions!

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

Oh well, next season.

You will forever be a part of the shame circle.

Once you accept it things will feel better.

jakncoke

Banned

Oh well, next season.

NicolasCageLaugh.gif

Mrbob

I'm sure Kastroiti will be excited about another 5000+ yard passing season next year from Fatford. While failing to realize these type of passing numbers normally go up because your team is behind. Maybe the Lions will rise to 6-10 next season, so it will be an improvement!

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Good thing that 4-11 team is sticking up for each other. Imagine how bad they would be if there were dissension amongst the ranks.

You can only keep beating a franchise down for so long before one day things turn around. It's inevitable and we came close last year.

Lions fan will never be able to live down the Charlie Batch, Joey Harrington, Daunte Culpepper, Charles Rogers, Roy Williams, Matt Millen, 0-16 years but I'm confident with our team going forward because of Stafford, Megatron, Suh and Fairley. Thats the foundation of a solid team especially at the most important position in football.

Narag

Oh well, next season.

It's more likely Fatford reverts back to Glassford at Soldier Field. Shaun Hill time!

You can only keep beating a franchise down for so long before one day things turn around. It's inevitable and we came close last year.

Lions fan will never be able to live down the Charlie Batch, Joey Harrington, Daunte Culpepper, Charles Rogers, Roy Williams, Matt Millen, 0-16 years but I'm confident with our team going forward because of Stafford, Megatron, Suh and Fairley. Thats the foundation of a solid team especially at the most important position in football.

Too bad your secondary sucks balls.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Too bad your secondary sucks balls.

One free agent acquisition/trade and a solid draft pick changes all that, especially with our d-line. It helps we have a high draft pick this year. Martin Mayhew is not Matt Millen.

It's more likely Fatford reverts back to Glassford at Soldier Field. Shaun Hill time!

Matthew Stafford and Shaun Hill...we're truly blessed at the QB position going forward.

Top Bottom