• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 17 |OT| The Gift That Keeps on Giving

KaYotiX

Banned
I guess the occasional squicken doesn't bother me if you going to switch conferences or something. Like if a Lions fan wanted to be a Browns fan or vice versa.

But squickening in your own division? That's awful. I'm extra sensitive about that since this whole thing:

osSvk.jpg

"I'm a Favre fan herpa derp, I hate the Packers for how they treated him, Fraudgers sucks!!! Vikes for lyfe1111!!!!111"

I have a friend who says he is a Packers fan but also goes to every home Vikings game AND owns a few jerseys, I just roll my eyes, shake my head and walk away.

That jersey sums him up perfectly.

chuckddd said:
I'm saying a half decent coaching job gets that top receiver to run a quick slant then he's only one beaten cb away from 6 points. T
That may or may not be the WR's responsibility in that particular play call unless the QB checks at the line to move away from those long developing routes though. You could put it on coaching as calling that play against that defense but it is the QB's responsibility to read what's happening at the line of scrimmage (unless it's not and the line is making all of the calls but Freeman isn't a rookie anymore so I would hope that isn't the case)

Draxal is correct in saying that Sullivan is running a version of the Giants offense which would lead me to guess that a portion of the responsibility is on the WR's to read the defense and adjust their route accordingly in certain play packages. Especially the slot WR who has a wide array of option routes are his disposal depending on the defense he is facing. In this case though, Clark does run the crossing route and is in good position to make the catch if Freeman would bother to throw the ball. It seems obvious that he doesn't know what he's looking at when he steps under center.

Eznark already mentioned that the backs completely ignore the PA and pick up the blitz. Freeman continues with it despite the blitz.

I think your right in saying that Peyton would have had a field day against that defense but that's because he would have checked out of that play call to begin with and adjusted the receiver routes on the fly. Two different calibers of quarterbacks...

Somebody tell me why every 'main stream' game nowadays has a Dub Step soundtrack? I just bought Forza 4 and I like it, but sometimes I like to have music whilst I race but that fucking game only has that terrible stuff. I wanted to say terrible music, but that shit isn't music.

I'm an old man now, huh?

KaYotiX

Banned
Somebody tell me why every 'main stream' game nowadays has a Dub Step soundtrack? I just bought Forza 4 and I like it, but sometimes I like to have music whilst I race but that fucking game only has that terrible stuff. I wanted to say terrible music, but that shit isn't music.

I'm an old man now, huh?

Custom sound tracks man, only way to play racers.

Greg

I'm an old man now, huh?
music in a racing game?

engines are all I need

MechDX

That's crazy. Is it far away? Why did they hire you if only to then transfer you?

Actually moved to a bigger store thatb is closer to the house. lol

The manager of the store I was going to is no longer with the company, happened yesterday. They wanted me to train with an installed store manager. It makes sense just really weird for my first day.

Greg

Actually moved to a bigger store thatb is closer to the house. lol

The manager of the store I was going to is no longer with the company. They wanted my training with a installed store manager. It makes sense just really weird for my first day.
jackpot

bionic77

I'm an old man now, huh?
You are not that old.

I discovered who Bruno Mars was through Sesame Street.

When you discover artists through Sesame Street or are finding out about dub step in 2012 that is just Death's way of giving a you a heads up so you are not too surprised when he pays you a visit.

squicken

That may or may not be the WR's responsibility in that particular play call unless the QB checks at the line to move away from those long developing routes though. You could put it on coaching as calling that play against that defense but it is the QB's responsibility to read what's happening at the line of scrimmage (unless it's not and the line is making all of the calls but Freeman isn't a rookie anymore so I would hope that isn't the case)

Draxal is correct in saying that Sullivan is running a version of the Giants offense which would lead me to guess that a portion of the responsibility is on the WR's to read the defense and adjust their route accordingly in certain play packages. Especially the slot WR who has a wide array of option routes are his disposal depending on the defense he is facing. In this case though, Clark does run the crossing route and is in good position to make the catch if Freeman would bother to throw the ball. It seems obvious that he doesn't know what he's looking at when he steps under center.

Eznark already mentioned that the backs completely ignore the PA and pick up the blitz. Freeman continues with it despite the blitz.

I think your right in saying that Peyton would have had a field day against that defense but that's because he would have checked out of that play call to begin with and adjusted the receiver routes on the fly. Two different calibers of quarterbacks...

It's really weird how quick it went bad for him this year. Last two games 8 INTs, before that 13.

btw, are the Giants getting any ink for their season in NY? Seems like the Jets again are getting all the press, only this time I doubt the Giants mind

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet

I'll also agree that Freeman should've audibled when he got to the line and saw 6 defenders on the line, 8 in the box and the two corners giving 15 yard cushions. Arm chair qb'ing is hard when you don't know the coaching philosophies of a team. All in all, I give the entire Yucs organization an F- for this play.

I'm an old man now, huh?

Do you have that old person smell?

Custom sound tracks man, only way to play racers.

That was easy to set up on my PS3, but I have no clue how to get it going on my Xbox since I don't own a Windows computer.

music in a racing game?

engines are all I need

Yes, the sound of my Ford Ka is fascinating, and usually I turn off the music, but sometimes I like it, and I like the option of not listening to that crap.

Fantomex

I'm an old man now, huh?

Well, its either Hip-Hop, Dubstep or Linkin Park. You decide!

You are not that old.

When you discover artists through Sesame Street or are finding out about dub step in 2012 that is just Death's way of giving a you a heads up so you are not too surprised when he pays you a visit.

I'm sorting the music on my computer today.

Load of hardcore rap music that I haven't listened to since before my daughter was born. I would die if she managed to hear any of it today and frankly i'm a little embarrassed for having been so into it then.

That's how I know i'm old.

squicken said:
btw, are the Giants getting any ink for their season in NY?
They're getting plenty in so far as the defensive collapse is concerned. NY Daily News has an article on Fewell and his recent interview yesterday calling the players out on their execution for instance but the team will get a pass for the most part this year after having just won a Super Bowl last season. If we go through this again next season, I'm sure the "Fire Coughlin" chants will come back (we've already got folks calling for Fewell and Gilbride to be fired).

Fantomex

I'm sorting the music on my computer today.

Load of hardcore rap music that I haven't listened to since before my daughter was born. I would die if she managed to hear any of it today and frankly i'm a little embarrassed for having been so into it then.

That's how I know i'm old.

Whats hardcore rap to you Spice 1 and maybe Too Short?

Feels good doesn't it?

EmmaStoneEatingIceCream.gif

You are not that old.

Oh god, I'm 2 kids and law school away from becoming you!

Side note: How was law school? I'm considering adding law in my second year

Do you have that old person smell?

Don't know, but my bed smells funky.

Well, its either Hip-Hop, Dubstep or Linkin Park. You decide!

I'm too old for that shit.

bionic77

Oh god, I'm 2 kids and law school away from becoming you!

Side note: How was law school? I'm considering adding law in my second year
Law school is easy but the economy is shit and it is hard as fuck to find a job.

Astrolad always has a good thread about how dire shit is for newbies.

Man I miss school. You freakin Euros and you free schools and free, hot and slutty women. We have to pay for our school and women in the US.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
It's disgusting how fast "being old" creeps up on you. When I was 19 I figured I'd always be with it and my music tastes would never change. 10 years later I am disgusted by most music now and just stick to the shit I'm used to.

Or now if the song has a good beat I like it and don't give a fuck what anyone thinks.

I'm an old man now, huh?
The Forza games have a weird soundtrack mix.

menu music -- awesome jazz
race music -- mediocre rock or bad dubstep

The 360 will let you play mp3s as the bg music for the duration, but what i really want when I play those games is to listen to the menu music the whole time.

jman2050

btw, are the Giants getting any ink for their season in NY? Seems like the Jets again are getting all the press, only this time I doubt the Giants mind

It's probably because A) they just won another Super Bowl and B) I and every other Giants fan has seen this whole song and dance play out too many times already since Eli/Coughlin came into town, but I find myself not really all that broken up about how this season played out.

Hell, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the Giants blew it against Philly only for the Vikes, Bears, and Boys to lose just to screw with me further.

Striker

They're getting plenty in so far as the defensive collapse is concerned. NY Daily News has an article on Fewell and his recent interview yesterday calling the players out on their execution for instance but the team will get a pass for the most part this year after having just won a Super Bowl last season. If we go through this again next season, I'm sure the "Fire Coughlin" chants will come back (we've already got folks calling for Fewell and Gilbride to be fired).
I'm curious if Fewell leaves (his contract has run out IIRC). Gilbride is definitely not going anywhere, though.

@Gooster, Fewell hasn't been very successful this year save for those six games last year. Should we forget how horrific the defense was up until that Jet game? I'm not sure who I'd want in the DC market, but I've grown sour on Fewell and his zone heavy/Tampa 2 coverages.

Also, Vick and Co. should have an easy day Sunday:
Ebenezer Samuel & #8207;@ebenezersamuel

Hosley, Canty and Prince are doubtful
The corners he'll face: Corey "Toast" Webster, Justin Tryon, and newly signed Terrence Fredrick.

Cam Newton fined $21k for bumping official

cam-bump.gif

Not surprising at all. Cam understands he was wrong (he apologized to Boger immediately after the game) so I'm sure he won't fight this at all. He (and the Panthers) are fortunate that Boger was lenient and understood how Cam was frustrated and reacted violently in the heat of the moment. I've seen players ejected for less.

camkick.0_standard_709.0.gif

I am surprised that was able to skate on kicking Tommy Kelly. I could understand the refs not penalizing him on the field where it was some what difficult to see exactly what happened between Cam and Kelly. But you would have thought that the league office would see the tapes this week and its pretty clear-cut that Cam instigated that situation and definitely threw a foot out at Kelly.

bionic77

I should be used to NY media, but the "Fire Fewell" chanting is ridiculous after a SB season. Key players on the sideline, aging players, a seeming lack of understanding zone defense in the players...

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f...se-coordinator-figure-wrong-article-1.1228693
Being batshit insane is part of being a football fan.

I was calling for Tomlin's head because after 6 years he still doesn't know that it is impossible to successfully kick a 50+ yard FG on Heinz field, is slow to make roster changes, and has no idea how to manage the clock or game in the last 2 minutes. And yet he is still a better coach than 28 of the other guys (and the sexiest bar none) and I can't think of who we could get who would be an improvement.

I do not recant my trade Ben for Tebow talk though. That is just common sense. When you can trade a qb who has been to the SB 3 times and won it twice for a Tebow type player you have to do it.

Top Bottom