• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 17 |OT| The Gift That Keeps on Giving

RBH

igibQcKKzSE0s.png

iWCxL5y3on5yp.png

iefpzbN0pKNRp.png

squicken

Mort reports Lions might fire Shortz, 5 minutes later Florio says that's not true. I love this time of year. So much bullshit hahaha

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Mort said Lions are thinking of firing Shortz. Aren't happy with the image and behavior of the team. Not sure how Mayhew doesn't take some of those bullets too. Everyone knew Suh and Titus Young had issues when they were drafted

Agreed, but I'm not surprised at all.

Ford has a knack for becoming great friends with his GMs. It is widely known that he had weekly get-togethers with Millen where they would watch movies together. It's one of the reasons he didn't fire him for so long.

No, that's NOT a joke :(

harSon

Banned
Steelers were in prime position to make the playoffs but failed in the waning moments in both the Bengal and Cowboy games. Injuries happened, but they weren't the result of those losses.

They sort of were though. We lost the Cowboys game because Tony Romo shitted on our 6th and 7th string, undrafted free agent rookie - practice squad the previous week, cornerbacks. We couldn't stop a pass play to save our lives.

The Bengals shitted on us defensively because we couldn't run the ball or pass block worth a shit, a direct effect of our offensive line being decimated by injury. The right side of our offensive line were rookies, and between the two, had one game of experience heading into that game.

There were other reasons we lost those games, and the season as a whole, but it's untruthful to suggest that our team just happened to collapse alongside a string of injuries.

Those RG3 soundtracks make me sick
Man I just want to sit in bed, rub his jersey and wish he was my QB....forever Bitter browns fan

Agreed, but I'm not surprised at all.

Ford has a knack for becoming great friends with his GMs. It is widely known that he had weekly get-togethers with Millen where they would watch movies together. It's one of the reasons he didn't fire him for so long.

No, that's NOT a joke :(

He would let Millen pick the movies and they would always suck. Should have been a sign.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Mort reports Lions might fire Shortz, 5 minutes later Florio says that's not true. I love this time of year. So much bullshit hahaha

Florio, the master of rumor and misinformation says somebody with actual inside sources is wrong?

Gee, I'm not sure who to believe here. Seriously, though, I don't expect him to be fired but I have no doubt they talked about it.

Edit: LOL--Florio even wrote the article on PFT about it and didn't say it was wrong.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet

It's pretty dumb when people are trying to predict the future that's going to occur in less than 24 hours. It's not the stock market, it's people trying to increase their twitter cred.

also:
above13.0_standard_730.0.jpg

Lol.

Death would be the Steelers being healthy, and still sucking. Our roster being decimated by injury is an example of horrific luck, not the embodiment of sucking. If anything, this is a decent year to suck. Similar to 2003, we have some definite team needs, and now we get a decent draft position to help fill those needs.

Last time we strategically sucked, we won the Super Bowl within 2 seasons. Get ready NFL, the Steelers are here to stay!

Edit: And the Browns might want Bruce Arians? Please say it's true! I was worried they might get good on us.

Sucks to suck.

harSon

Banned
Sucks to suck.

I'm glad we collapsed. It's clear that between our decimated roster and complete lack of heart on the offensive side of the ball, even if we did sneak into the playoffs, it was likely to be one and done. I'd rather get the humbling experience of a humiliating season, the sweeping changes that come with an uncharacteristic bad season within a prominent franchise and a decent draft position then overachieve with a one-and-done season.

Tom Penny

Life is good. Just had kielbasa cheddar sandwiches with eggs over medium smashed between them and a Vietnamese Ca phe Da. Watch some football and go snowboarding later since NE got hit with about 10 inches of snow. Perfect.

eznark

Banned
It blows my mind that the Vikings can make the playoffs.

I kind of want the Packers to lay down today just so Fraudgers can get a home playoff win next week against the Vikings. Honestly, playing Minnesota is as good as having an off week anyway.

Greg

I kind of want the Packers to lay down today just so Fraudgers can get a home playoff win next week against the Vikings. Honestly, playing Minnesota is as good as having an off week anyway.
I really don't know what I want to happen. I'd like for them to have the bye to get as healthy as possible, but the Bears being in the playoffs is just as much of a joke.

eznark

Banned
You people? At least you make it obvious Miggy

I really don't know what I want to happen. I'd like for them to have the bye to get as healthy as possible, but the Bears being in the playoffs is just as much of a joke.

In 45 minutes it gets real easy. FUCK THE QUEENS

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I feel so conflicted today. I am expecting a beat down but also looking forward to Monday and seeing the new regime do it's thang.

jakncoke

Banned
Is today the last day ever I get to see Mark Sanchez?

I hope so.

Are they going to find a new starter for next year? Because his contract makes it damn near impossible to cut next year and no one ever is going to trade for him with that contract. So no you get butt fumble for at least 1 more year.

Milchjon

I expect you a heartfelt apology from you people to the whole Pats organization.

They made the most entertaining game of the season possible.

Be more grateful!

Top Bottom