• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 17 |OT| The Gift That Keeps on Giving

BigAT

I've had all kinds of issues with it the past few months so I went to Plex and couldn't be happier. Especially if you have multiple devices like tablets.

Wellington was saying something similar, but thankfully it has been solid for me recently. I don't stream to anything but my TV so it gets the job done.

eznark

Banned
It's a java issue and I just don't have the patience for it. Plus Plexs interface is purdy

Just a few more hours till we begin to determine the fates of many teams playoff hopes. Gonna be a good day.

Lol at your shit team having a say. If the Vikings win its because Godgers realized that a week off would destroy the Packers.

brentech

My new TV can connect directly to any of my computers.

Prior to this one I used my PS3 and Window Media Player. However your library is set up in WMP is how the PS3 will see it. Playlists and all

Wes

venison crêpe
Ray Horton, Defensive Coordinator for the Cardinals, has an interview for the Browns HC role next week.

squicken

Ray Horton, Defensive Coordinator for the Cardinals, has an interview for the Browns HC role next week.

He had a silly PR blunder from earlier in the year, but you can't deny how good that defense is. I would never hire a HC with a defensive background, just b/c it's so hard to find and retain quality offensive coordinators

eznark

Banned
He had a silly PR blunder from earlier in the year, but you can't deny how good that defense is. I would never hire a HC with a defensive background, just b/c it's so hard to find and retain quality offensive coordinators

I thought you were happy about the Fisher hire?

squicken

I thought you were happy about the Fisher hire?

I am, but the thing on Fisher is that he had so much time in the league that he had enough contacts to bring in a very experienced offensive staff. They might have the most expensive assistant coaches in the league.

A big killer for Spags was that his staff was just as bad as he was. They didn't draft well but also didn't develop talent well. Is Horton going to be able to attract a lot of good assistants? b/c he's really going to need someone to run his offense

fwiw I posted this earlier on Fisher, which is pretty much my thoughts on him as well

The 2012 Rams look like one of Fisher’s old scrappy teams and I’m not sure any coach could have gotten more than 7.5 wins out of this team. I’ve got my qualms with Fisher as an in-game coach — it seems like his weekly goal is to win 9-7 on a 61-yard field goal as the clock hits triple zeroes — but the man can build a football team.

http://www.footballperspective.com/who-should-win-coach-of-the-year-in-the-nfl/

eznark

Banned
I am, but the thing on Fisher is that he had so much time in the league that he had enough contacts to bring in a very experienced offensive staff. They might have the most expensive assistant coaches in the league.

A big killer for Spags was that his staff was just as bad as he was. They didn't draft well but also didn't develop talent well. Is Horton going to be able to attract a lot of good assistants? b/c he's really going to need someone to run his offense

fwiw I posted this earlier on Fisher, which is pretty much my thoughts on him as well

Agree completely, I absolutely love Fisher.

eznark

Banned
Unrelated, did you receive that new wallet. I'm curious what the outside is made of

Not yet I had it shipped to Milwaukee since I'm heading up there tonight for the week.

Anyone watching NFLN? That shot of Tebow fully suited up and ready to play while Sanchez is still in his suit and bundling up with a scarf is priceless.

Wes

venison crêpe

Sounds like it's not a bad idea to at least interview him then. Another bit of info just come out is that they want to interview Mike Zimmer, DC for the Bengals, for HC too.

I think Jauron will stay on as DC for the Browns. At least I hope so. The defence hasn't lost us as many games as the offense since he's been here.

eznark

Banned
Sounds like it's not a bad idea to at least interview him then. Another bit of info just come out is that they want to interview Mike Zimmer, DC for the Bengals, for HC too.

I think Jauron will stay on as DC for the Browns. At least I hope so. The defence hasn't lost us as many games as the offense since he's been here.

If they hire a DC to head coach there is no chance Jauron stays.

Horton and Zimmer are my top 2 guys for the Eagles to hire. Sadly it seems like Lurie is more about getting a big splashy guy rather then a solid guy.

Wes

venison crêpe
If they hire a DC to head coach there is no chance Jauron stays.

Is that how it normally works? Would the same be true if there was an existing OC and an offensive minded HC was installed? I have no prior knowledge of these types of schenanigans.

Is that how it normally works? Would the same be true if there was an existing OC and an offensive minded HC was installed? I have no prior knowledge of these types of schenanigans.

Coaches always want to bring in their own staff. Unless you are a guy like Jason Garret you get to pick your assistants.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

It begins!

Speaking of that, I heard of the radio a few weeks back. If the Bills leave before the lease they now have a 400 million exit fee set up by the county/state or something.

I remember reading about that. From what I remember it's a 10 year lease and they can't leave in the first 7 years without having to pay that exit fee but they either have an option after year 7 to leave with no fee or they have from year 7 to 10 to leave with no fee.

Either way Bills are guaranteed to stay in Buffalo for at least 7 more years.

Remyzero

I follow football pretty heavily and lurk around once in awhile. This was one of the better seasons to follow all around the league. Teams always have something to play for in the final week.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I remember reading about that. From what I remember it's a 10 year lease and they can't leave in the first 7 years without having to pay that exit fee but they either have an option after year 7 to leave with no fee or they have from year 7 to 10 to leave with no fee.

Either way Bills are guaranteed to stay in Buffalo for at least 7 more years.

If the Bills or Jags or any struggling small market team can move to LA, they won't have a problem paying that fee. They may sue to get out of it or whatever, but simply moving a franchise to LA will increase the value of most teams by more than $400M.

Top Bottom