• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 17 |OT| The Gift That Keeps on Giving

Stop that.
Based Lewis is = to Rg3 + Newton
image.php

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Schefter is talking on Countdown right now that the Lions are talking about firing Jim Schwartz.

Also saying the Browns are looking for a first time coach and not someone who has coached in the NFL before (Saban, McDaniels).

Names they listed: Bill O'Brien and Chip Kelly.

Schefter is talking on Countdown right now that the Lions are talking about firing Jim Schwartz.

Also saying the Browns are looking for a first time coach and not someone who has coached in the NFL before (Saban, McDaniels).

Names they listed: Bill O'Brien and Chip Kelly.

Please hire Chip. I am watching Eagles gameday live and they are talking about the Eagles hiring him and running the read option next year. I want nothing to do with that.

Bowser

Yahoo!'s Jason Cole is saying that Ron Rivera is safe and there is talk of elevating interim GM Brandon Beane to the full-time position. I think I'd kill myself if that happened. I could live with another year of Rivera if an outside GM came in and decided he deserved an audition year, but Marty Hurney's intern should in no way be the full-time GM. Thankfully, I doubt JJR hired Accorsi to just elevate someone in house, so I think Cole's report is bunk.

effzee

Please hire Chip. I am watching Eagles gameday live and they are talking about the Eagles hiring him and running the read option next year. I want nothing to do with that.

Who are the other possible candidates? I wish they take a look at some of the coaches on SF oe Seattle's defensive sides.

RBH

New York Jets owner Woody Johnson's unhappiness in a disappointing 2012 season is expected to be reflected in the moves he is planning to make.

According to sources, the Jets do not plan to bring back offensive coordinator Tony Sparano (the Jets are ranked 30th in total offense in Sparano's first season in the role) and Johnson has been putting out feelers for ideas to determine the ideal structure of his front office.

Some league sources believe coach Rex Ryan, who will return, would be best served working again with general manager Mike Tannenbaum, which they believe would provide Johnson the type of stability he respects in other organizations led by such owners as the Maras and Rooneys.

Meanwhile, defensive coordinator Mike Pettine's contract is up and longtime special teams coach Mike Westhoff is retiring.

Tannenbaum, 43, kept his job in 2008 when coach Eric Mangini was fired after the 2008 season and he subsequently hired Ryan. The Jets are 34-29 in Ryan's four seasons but have missed the postseason each of the past two years.
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/8792986/new-york-jets-fire-tony-sparano-sources

Who are the other possible candidates? I wish they take a look at some of the coaches on SF oe Seattle's defensive sides.

After the playoffs are over there are always a few hot assistants that were with teams that made runs. The 9ers OC seems to be a hot name as well. I just dont think Lurie wants another no name guy like Reid was. He wants to make a splash, and Chip would be that. I just worry about running out and going in on the read option after the Skins success. No matter who the Eagles get at QB he wont be RGIII. I really wonder if this is going to be like when every team decided they needed a wildcat package.

Yahoo!'s Jason Cole is saying that Ron Rivera is safe and there is talk of elevating interim GM Brandon Beane to the full-time position. I think I'd kill myself if that happened. I could live with another year of Rivera if an outside GM came in and decided he deserved an audition year, but Marty Hurney's intern should in no way be the full-time GM. Thankfully, I doubt JJR hired Accorsi to just elevate someone in house, so I think Cole's report is bunk.

Yuck.

I highly doubt that Richardson fired Hurney in the middle of the year just to keep the status quo and hire a GM from in house.

BigAT

Giants' inactives for today: Barden, Hosley, Sash, Torain, Ojomo, Robinson and Canty.

Thankfully that means Amukamara, despite being doubtful, is active for the game, as well as Kenny Phillips. Hopefully he can make it through the whole game, otherwise the Giants' secondary is going to be in even worse shape that it already is.

MechDX

If we lose today we fall to bthe 3rd seed and play the Bengals again. I would rather just not make the playoffs.

Plus side though: I could talk smack to EZ about being undeafeated in the playoffs against the Bengals.

squicken

Mort said Lions are thinking of firing Shortz. Aren't happy with the image and behavior of the team. Not sure how Mayhew doesn't take some of those bullets too. Everyone knew Suh and Titus Young had issues when they were drafted

eznark

Banned
Mort said Lions are thinking of firing Shortz. Aren't happy with the image and behavior of the team. Not sure how Mayhew doesn't take some of those bullets too. Everyone knew Suh and Titus Young had issues when they were drafted

Yeah but a good coach funnels that bizarre hate and angst. Schwartz just tells them to go out and try to kill damn the rules.

GO SOMEBODY GO????

So confused today. I am warming up to the #2 seed but I'd feel so dirty helping the bears sneak into the playoffs. Less dirty if we lost to the vikebikes. Gonna be dirty no matter what! :(

Striker

Prince is active. Hope his hamstring is not going to damper him too much.

Nicks and Tuck both active, although Bob Papa said neither is going to play. Would have been nice to see Ojomo active instead of Tuck if he's not even going to play.

harSon

Banned
Lol

The death of the Steelers is the best thing to happen to football in years.

Lol.

Death would be the Steelers being healthy, and still sucking. Our roster being decimated by injury is an example of horrific luck, not the embodiment of sucking. If anything, this is a decent year to suck. Similar to 2003, we have some definite team needs, and now we get a decent draft position to help fill those needs.

Last time we strategically sucked, we won the Super Bowl within 2 seasons. Get ready NFL, the Steelers are here to stay!

Edit: And the Browns might want Bruce Arians? Please say it's true! I was worried they might get good on us.

eznark

Banned
Oh look harson has excuses. Shock of shocks.
If we lose today we fall to bthe 3rd seed and play the Bengals again. I would rather just not make the playoffs.

Plus side though: I could talk smack to EZ about being undeafeated in the playoffs against the Bengals.

How many playoff games has Droopydog Schaub won?

Striker

Steelers were in prime position to make the playoffs but failed in the waning moments in both the Bengal and Cowboy games. Injuries happened, but they weren't the result of those losses.

jakncoke

Banned
Steelers were in prime position to make the playoffs but failed in the waning moments in both the Bengal and Cowboy games. Injuries happened, but they weren't the result of those losses.

Wallace running a shitty route and Ben throwing it anyway, and Ben throwing a shitty pass. Ben really lost his mojo after the Chiefs injury.

Same amount as Matt Ryan. Fucking Falcons QBs!

It is time to unleash Yates!!
I wish the Texans really would unleash Yates, so you could go begging for Schuab back. You act like he's the worst Qb in league. Get over yourself! Some of us in the shame circle have to deal with much worse jerk!

Sorry I dont know what happened

Top Bottom