• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 17 |OT| The Gift That Keeps on Giving

Narag

RGIII has a higher Total QBR therfore he's the better QB and deserving of ROTY. Can't we agree on that criteria?

mr2xxx

Banned
What has he accomplished that Luck hasn't? Outside of their incredibly deceptive stat lines? Brees has thrown just as many picks as Luck. And he isn't a rookie, doesn't mean his team isn't shit without him. Luck has played like a fucktard here and there, and will force dumb throws at times. But even with his flaws and shortcomings, he's turned this team around beyond expectations. He deserves the award as much as your system QB or Simons in Seattle, who deserves it more? Well, we'll find out soon.

Despite us having a fraudulent record this season, Luck has showed signs of greatness this season. And will hopefully only get better.

Lets compare avg pts from last year to this year, oh wait let me guess you don't believe in stats. Rg3 doesn't play like a fucktard and still puts up more points than Luck, seems pretty easy.

Spinluck

Ænima;45765195 said:
I honestly don't hate Luck. I just think RG3 and Wilson have had a better season than he has, and Colts fans constant cries of "its the system!" to excuse his every mistake is wrong. He is only a rookie though and will get a lot better than he is currently.

I honestly wouldn't have went to the pathetic system QB jokes if you didn't start bitching about the teams we played. As if Luck choose our schedule.

Even with that, we were projected to be worse than most of those teams. Lol.

Narag

Lets compare avg pts from last year to this year, oh wait let me guess you don't believe in stats. Rg3 doesn't play like a fucktard and still puts up more points than Luck, seems pretty easy.

Did he learn how to slide then?
I kid. I don't really care about this. lol :(

Spinluck

Never said I don't believe in stats.

Just making the point that the less you throw, the less likely you are to turn it over. Lol.

mr2xxx

Banned
Never said I don't believe in stats.

Just making the point that the less you throw, the less likely you are to turn it over. Lol.

More you throw the more you should get touchdowns by that logic which Luck hasn't been doing. Luck TD to INT ratio is nearly 1:1 while RG3 is closer to 4:1.

eznark

Banned
Luck is throwing a pick 3% of the time he passes.
Wilson is throwing a pick 2.7% of the time he passes.
IRG3 is throwing a pick 1.3% of the time he passes.

Griffin has also fumbled an astounding 12 times. Wilson is at 5 and Luck is at 10.

PFR has developed an "Advanced Passer Rating" which attempts to rank QB's in a similar fashion to say, OPS+ for MLB hitters. They have it at Griffin, Wilson..........Luck.

I don't think any one method of ranking players statistically is totally great, but there is a pretty even and constant pattern. Griffin is playing slightly better than Wilson and Luck is trailing them by a significant margin.= in QBR, jokeQBR and Advanced Passer Rating.

You can attack the numbers if you'd like (and I kind of would because I was hyperbolic in Luck praise earlier in the year and thought Griffin would fade) but at some point you probably should shift gears and say "fuck IRG3 he is an injury prone bitch playing in a college gimmick system!!!!"

bionic77

RGIII has a higher Total QBR therfore he's the better QB and deserving of ROTY. Can't we agree on that criteria?
What does qbr measure? How black you are?

If so I am surprised he has such a high black rating in light of his off the charts cornballosity.

eznark

Banned
What does qbr measure? How black you are?

If so I am surprised he has such a high black rating in light of his off the charts cornballosity.

Andrew Luck is the blackest of them all:

luck.jpg

Ænima

Luck is throwing a pick 3% of the time he passes.
Wilson is throwing a pick 2.7% of the time he passes.
IRG3 is throwing a pick 1.3% of the time he passes.

Griffin has also fumbled an astounding 12 times. Wilson is at 5 and Luck is at 10.

PFR has developed an "Advanced Passer Rating" which attempts to rank QB's in a similar fashion to say, OPS+ for MLB hitters. They have it at Griffin, Wilson..........Luck.

I don't think any one method of ranking players statistically is totally great, but there is a pretty even and constant pattern. Griffin is playing slightly better than Wilson and Luck is trailing them by a significant margin.= in QBR, jokeQBR and Advanced Passer Rating.

You can attack the numbers if you'd like (and I kind of would because I was hyperbolic in Luck praise earlier in the year and thought Griffin would fade) but at some point you probably should shift gears and say "fuck IRG3 he is an injury prone bitch playing in a college gimmick system!!!!"
Lol. In all seriousness his ability to stay healthy is a serious concern that can't really be downplayed. Hopefully he gets smarter and starts sliding way earlier when he scrambles.

On the flip side though being a large pocket passer doesn't guarantee clean health. Just look at Rapistburger...he has missed a lot of time over the years playing in the same "throw the ball downfield all the time" system that Luck is stuck in now.

eznark

Banned
Ænima;45765913 said:
Lol. In all seriousness his ability to stay healthy is a serious concern that can't really be downplayed. Hopefully he gets smarter and starts sliding way earlier when he scrambles.

On the flip side though being a large pocket passer doesn't guarantee clean health. Just look at Rapistburger...he has missed a lot of time over the years playing in the same "throw the ball downfield all the time" system that Luck is stuck in now.

Just giving you my advanced troll script for next year if he keeps playing well! I fucking love IRG3 as a nickname, I hope he lives up to it like Cowardly Ryan has!!

mr2xxx

Banned
Just giving you my advanced troll script for next year if he keeps playing well! I fucking love IRG3 as a nickname, I hope he lives up to it like Cowardly Ryan has!!

Just add something about RG3 is a running QB and he is just like Vick and that script would be complete.

Greg

:jnc

Give me a call when any of those QBs throws for 5,000 yards in back to back seasons. The best young QB in the league resides in Detroit y'all just sleeping on him.
give me a call when they throw for 45,000 times a season

with awkward delivery

into double coverage

mr2xxx

Banned
Marvin needs to take Luck under his wings and make him an enforcer at his club. Luck's blackness will be at Super Saiyan 4 levels, Pacman will have to intervene to save him.

bionic77

Luck looks like someone who posts on neogaf
That is pretty insulting.

I think more highly of you guys. I imagine most of you to be college age virgins living in someone's basement playing videogames and jerking to cartoons but I don't imagine any of you to be that ugly.

Pats fans...

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
give me a call when they throw for 45,000 times a season

with awkward delivery

into double coverage

Greg, offensive coordinators don't call for 45,000 passing plays a year when the QB is bad. You don't see Blaine Gabbert, Christian Ponder or Colin Fraudernick get 60 throws a game.

Why? Because they're bad QBs who don't have proper mechanics or arm strength to throw a football.

So essentially what you're implying is Matthew Stafford is a good QB because bad QBs don't throw the ball 45,000 times a year.

Narag

We were up 33 to 21 with 6 minutes left, got an INT, and still lost the game.

SMH the summary of our season

Greg, offensive coordinators don't call for 45,000 passing plays a year when the QB is bad. You don't see Blaine Gabbert, Christian Ponder or Colin Fraudernick get 60 throws a game.

Why? Because they're bad QBs who don't have proper mechanics or arm strength to throw a football.

So essentially what you're implying is Matthew Stafford is a good QB because bad QBs don't throw the ball 45,000 times a year.

If you're using that metric, no shame in losing to a top 5 QB like Andrew Luck!

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
People are really going to regret not grabbing a QB in this last draft.

Still don't know why Weeden is so awful. Browns are cursed. They probably would have ruined RG3 as well.

staffderp.gif

Those mechanics right there

BlackGhost said:
Yeah I'm already hyping myself up for Bridgewater/football/WhoEver

Knowing the Browns, you'll probably end up drafting Max Wittek after he obliterates all the passing records as the quarterback of another overrated USC team.

Top Bottom