• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 17 |OT| The Gift That Keeps on Giving

Ænima

Greg, offensive coordinators don't call for 45,000 passing plays a year when the QB is bad. You don't see Blaine Gabbert, Christian Ponder or Colin Fraudernick get 60 throws a game.

Why? Because they're bad QBs who don't have proper mechanics or arm strength to throw a football.

So essentially what you're implying is Matthew Stafford is a good QB because bad QBs don't throw the ball 45,000 times a year.
Clearly you haven't watched many Eagles games during the Andy Reid era.

If I had a dollar for every time Marshall Newhouse stumbled around like a big retarded giant after the guy he was supposed to block tackled the RB I would have enough dollars to get Adele the gastric bypass surgery.

MechDX

Andrew Luck is the blackest of them all:

luck.jpg

Damn he looks like such a goober but he will look great in 3 more years in Battle Red.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
People are really going to regret not grabbing a QB in this last draft.

Still don't know why Weeden is so awful. Browns are cursed. They probably would have ruined RG3 as well.

Honestly though I feel with a less shitty offense that Weeden can end up being pretty solid as a QB. Unlike the other rookies in this draft Shurmur didn't adjust his offense to the strengths of his QB. He created his offense and forced Weeden to do things he isn't used to.

I wonder if players feel good about going to the Browns.

I got something for you:
burlap_gift_sack.jpg

eznark

Banned
Greg, offensive coordinators don't call for 45,000 passing plays a year when the QB is bad. You don't see Blaine Gabbert, Christian Ponder or Colin Fraudernick get 60 throws a game.

Why? Because they're bad QBs who don't have proper mechanics or arm strength to throw a football.

So essentially what you're implying is Matthew Stafford is a good QB because bad QBs don't throw the ball 45,000 times a year.

Stafford has already thrown more times this year than last year, so I guess Stafford is having a better year this year?

Godslay

Banned
Merry Christmas you bastards. Great OT Greg. I've been running around with my family, so I haven't followed the thread much.

I've added some of you as friends on Nintendo Network. If you want to add me, same name on Gaf.

Go Broncos!

squicken

Why do you guys give a shit who wins ROY? No one ever talks about Peyton Manning winning ROY when they list his accomplishments. You know who won a ROY award. Sam Fucking Bustford. Meaningless award

I got a Dyson DC41. Sleep well tonight hard to reach dust bunnies, for it will be your last

Greg

You have to throw to accumulate passing yards, and I doubt offensive coordinators are drawing up sidearm prayers.

LJ11

Why do you guys give a shit who wins ROY? No one ever talks about Peyton Manning winning ROY when they list his accomplishments. You know who won a ROY award. Sam Fucking Bustford. Meaningless award

I got a Dyson DC41. Sleep well tonight hard to reach dust bunnies, for it will be your last

hahaha

Merry Christmas you bastards. Great OT Greg. I've been running around with my family, so I haven't followed the thread much.

I've added some of you as friends on Nintendo Network. If you want to add me, same name on Gaf.

Go Broncos!
Nice, I haven't been home either but I'll add you on the U when I get the chance.

LOL, thanks for that squicken, I'm dying over here.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Does everyone in this thread only own a WiiU? Tha fuck is wrong with you people?
I've been dying for a new console for a few years so its hard for me to not give it so much attention.

I still spend 80 to 90 percent of my gaming time on a PC though!

Does everyone in this thread only own a WiiU? Tha fuck is wrong with you people?
Im almost positive you have no soul.
Edit: but yes I only own a Wii U right now, sick of paying for xbox live and I sold my ps3 a long time ago. It was pretty much just my mgs4 player.

MechDX

Im almost positive you have no soul.
Edit: but yes I only owe I Wii U right now, sick of paying for xbox live and I sold my ps3 a long time ago. It was pretty much just my mgs4 player.

I sold it for a Superbowl win. I think it was Belichek I sold it to.

Spinluck

It's not that I give a shit about the award.

They just seem super reluctant to give Luck the slightest bit of credit for any of our success this year. Not sure which Skins fan it was, but they actually made the argument last thread that last year's Colts team wasn't that bad. To make it seem as if Luck wasn't really going to a two win team.

You are silly if you think Luck went to better or evenly matched team.

Narag

I'd like to replace my dead 360 sometime to finally get to that RPG backlog & Red Dead Redemption. Pretty much PC gaming now though what with the PS3 being a netflix machine/bluray player anymore.

LukeSmith

It's a good vacuum, but I have this Hoover that I really like, actually.

I wish there was a home-making age for products like Vacuums, Washers and Dryers, and other stuff us old people have to care about.

Ænima

I just think it is interesting how close the race is this year, and how many truly great offensive rookies there are. Half the time they just hand it to some loser like Winz Young.

They just seem super reluctant to give Luck the slightest bit of credit for any of our success this year. Not sure which Skins fan it was, but they actually made the argument last thread that last year's Colts team wasn't that bad. To make it seem as if Luck wasn't really going to a two win team.

True. To be fair the Skins have a lot of talent on offense this year, especially when Garcon has been healthy. Since they have just been so inept offensively for like 20 years it is easy to give all of the credit to RG3. However they have a deep receiving core, a relatively healthy o-line, and a badass RB in Morris. Meanwhile the Colts just have Luck and Reggie Wayne.

squicken

The Colts very much earned that 2-14 last year. But they've really benefited from an easy schedule this year. I'm not really sure how good they are. I think Luck has bailed out Arians all year from his terrible play calling, but his turnovers and completion % have really slowed the offense down too.

Playoffs set up great for IND, though. BAL in the first round is ideal, then HOU if they somehow win (the Colts would be stupid to beat HOU on Sun). Teams that score will run them out of the building, but they if they can keep it close vs BAL or HOU, they've got a shot

It's a good vacuum, but I have this Hoover that I really like, actually.

I wish there was a home-making age for products like Vacuums, Washers and Dryers, and other stuff us old people have to care about.

Yeah I need to join the modern age and get a HE washer dryer set. I also said the wrong vacuum. I got the DC44. The handheld with the canister type. 8 minutes on turbo is plenty to vacuum out the vehicles and clean the hardwood

Have any of you ever pre-ordered games at Best Buy?

I have rewards zone credit expiring soon and I was wondering whether or not to use it to pre-order/pay down Bioshock Infinite.

If it's a crappy experience, I'll just spend it on something else.

ari

Banned
probably late, but the seahawks and this honking-gate shit is pissing me off. They need to fall in spectacular fashion in the playoffs and be accuse of something.

Wrayfield

I got a tie and an umbrella (amongst other things). I think we are both old... I liked both pretty much. :)

Spinluck

Ænima;45768020 said:
I just think it is interesting how close the race is this year, and how many truly great offensive rookies there are. Half the time they just hand it to some loser like Winz Young.True. To be fair the Skins have a lot of talent on offense this year, especially when Garcon has been healthy. Since they have just been so inept offensively for like 20 years it is easy to give all of the credit to RG3. However they have a deep receiving core, a relatively healthy o-line, and a badass RB in Morris. Meanwhile the Colts just have Luck and Reggie Wayne.

I'm still butthurt about losing Garçon.

Yeah he's had some bumps in the road with route running and catching. But he has become a hell of a playmaker. He was our biggest playmaker last year and made our offense look alive at times.

But with the money he was expecting, I knew we would part ways.

Top Bottom