• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 17 |OT| The Gift That Keeps on Giving

TheFatOne

Pats have a chance with the Giants eliminated.

It's very sad that this was the exact thought I had while watching Cutler kneel down to kill the clock.
He's active, but I don't know how much he's going to play. Hopefully not too much

He's active today.Not sure if he plays.Dennard is out.

Damn didn't know Dennard was out. This defense really has me worried. The Dolphins defense has already shown they can play well against the Pats, and it seems like the defense has regressed since they last played. I really hope the Pats just blow them out, but that is highly unlikely.

Doorman

So now that the Lion's season is finally officially over I can get this out of the way.

Fuck Jim Schwartz, fuck Scott Linehan, fuck Gunther Cunningham, fuck Matthew Stafford, fuck Martin Mayhew, fuck Ndomukong Suh's contract, fuck Kyle Vanden Bosch, fuck Stephen Tulloch, fuck our strength and conditioning coach, fuck Stephen Peterman, fuck Dominic Raiola, fuck Titus Young, fuck Stefan Logan, fuck Danny Crossman, and fuck me for ever believing at the beginning of the year that this team had a chance to do fucking anything.

As always, no playoffs this year, no playoffs next year, no Super Bowl under Schwartz. Go Texans.

Wes

venison crêpe
Thsi is mostly roughwork by me, haven't recalculated Strength of Schedule or anything....

Top 10 Draft Order:

Code:
1	Kansas City	2	13		0.489        - STILLTOPLAY
2	Jacksonville	2	14		0.551
3	Oakland	        4	11		0.471        - STILLTOPLAY
4	Philadelphia	4	12		0.507
5	Detroit	        4	12		0.569
6	Cleveland	5	11		0.502
7	Arizona	        5	10		0.553        - STILLTOPLAY
8	San Diego	6	9		0.471        - STILLTOPLAY
9	Buffalo	        6	10		0.493
10	NY Jets	        6	10		0.516
11	Tennessee	6	10		0.538

ari

Banned
So the bears did what the packers can't do, knock the giants out of the playoffs. The revenge tour is in motion.

Get on mr bob.

cajunator

Banned
Cajun, chill. We're lucky this team finished 7-9, gave the Failcons their first lost, helped keep the Cowboys out of the playoffs. The Saints were pretty much dumpster fire status.

Its okay to poke fun, to vent, to laugh. Soon Sean Payton is coming back and hell is coming with him
and booze and painkillers too, but whatever gets the job done

Im just frustrated as fuuuuuuck. I dont drink so I have to vent.
I love that team so fucking much. I will never EVER squicken on my Saints. I dont care if the world laughs at me for it. I love you you sad sack motherfuckers.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Thsi is mostly roughwork by me, haven't recalculated Strength of Schedule or anything....

Top 10 Draft Order:

Code:
6	Cleveland	5	11		0.502
11	Tennessee	6	10		0.538

Browns Super Bowl well in effect!

Somehow they get worse than EBA and ari.
Bears fans are a special breed. I was pretty ambivalent towards the franchise tbh, having never been around the fanbase. But then I went to college at U of Illinois, and jesus christ.

Otherwise normal people who abandon all semblance of rational thought when football is concerned.

My Bengals are going to be 10-6

YCfqe.gif

bionic77

lol @ these Fox commentators on how the Bears can't win in the playoffs. Bears' are leaps and bounds better than the Baltimore team that won the Super Bowl in 2001.
I know the feel bro.

This Steelers team shits all over the 85 Bears and 89 Niners. Injuries, dumb coaching, and lack of talent got in our way otherwise we were destined for greatness.

Best 8-8 team of all time is the title we will have to be content with.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Jets need to cut Sanchez ASAP. They're gonna take the cap hit whether he's there or not. Might as well open up a roster spot for someone that at least has a chance of being productive.

effzee

Redskins/Cowboys game tonight. Winner wins the NFC east. Loser is out due to Chicago winning against the Lions

Can't the Redskin still make it as a wildcard team or did the Bears winning eliminate any WC scenario for the Redskins?

I hate all NFC East teams but I'll live with both the Giants and Cowboys knocked out and Andy Reid no longer coaching the Eagles.

youngwerther said:
Regular season doesn't matter?
How much did it matter for you last season when you got dumped? How about the year before that? Or the year before that? A lot of good that's done for your trophy case.

I'll take the inconsistency and two trophies, thanks.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
God I hope the Skins win.

Don't want to read any Cowgirls shit.

beast786

Top 10 Draft Order:

Code:
6	Cleveland	5	11		0.502
11	Tennessee	6	10		0.538

so lions at worst 5 and best 4th

"Negrodamus, why do Packers fans love Matthew Stafford?"

negrodamus.jpg

"Packers fans love Matthew Stafford ... because he makes Jamarcus Russell look like Warren Moon."

Top 10 Draft Order:

Code:
6	Cleveland	5	11		0.502
11	Tennessee	6	10		0.538
As long As we can be in front of Zona, Buffalo, jets and chargers I'm good. I'm sure one of them might want to trade up for a qb

Mrbob

You know, the best thing that might happen is if the Bears go to San Fran next week and get blown the fuck out. Then Lovie will still get tossed.

Can't the Redskin still make it as a wildcard team or did the Bears winning eliminate any WC scenario for the Redskins?

Redskins needed Bears and Vikings to lose. Now their only road is the NFC east.

EDIT: I don't know the tiebreakers but I imagine in a wildcard scenario Chicago winning would put them up a game in conference records

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
8 straight losses in his 4th year of coaching.

Honestly, how this team could retain Schwartz is beyond me.

Kuroyume

Banned
As terrible and expected as the Giants played these last few weeks at least they played the toughest schedule this season. Better than the rest of the phonies in the league. Jumping on the Broncos bandwaggon.

LukeSmith

Side by Side: Luck and Manning Rookie Years

Luck (11-5)
339/627 54% 4374 yards 23 TDs 18 INTs 5 Rushing TDs 9 fumbles

Manning (3-13)
326/575 57% 3739 yards 26 TDs 28 INTs 0 Rushing TDs 3 fumbles

Favorable comparison, all told. It's a different league (read: Passing) now, both of these guys had pedestrian completion percentage as rookies, were both predisposed to turnovers (assuming all fumbles were lost 27 for Luck, 31 for Peyton) and both generated similar raw TD numbers (28 for Luck 26 for Manning).

Manning also inherited a young Marvin Harrison and a pre-prime Marshall Faulk, Luck inherited an aging Reggie Wayne. Colts record in close games this year is totally unsustainable and they will probably regress with a 2nd place schedule next year.

It wasn't pretty, but the Bears did what they had to do. Now it's time for the Vikings to do their job and the Lovie Smith Revenge Tour can officially start! Bear down!

Top Bottom