• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 17 |OT| The Gift That Keeps on Giving

Afrikan

Bears fans cheering for the Packers?

my mind is blown just thinking about it...

how would it go? "GO Aaron Rodgers Baby!!! YEah....#1!!!!"???

that all being said, GO VIKINGS!!!!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
You know, the best thing that might happen is if the Bears go to San Fran next week and get blown the fuck out. Then Lovie will still get tossed.

I wish I could say the same about Kubes and the Texans getting blown out at home against the Bengals if it happens. Kubes is never leaving and neither is Schaub.

Mrbob

I may Squicken to the Texans at times (Not this year, team is more trash than Chicago!), but you won't find me sporting a Packers avatar unless forced!

How much did it matter for you last season when you got dumped? How about the year before that? Or the year before that? A lot of good that's done for your trophy case.

I'll take the inconsistency and two trophies, thanks.

You can keep squawking about ancient history while you tune-in to watch the Falcons play in a few weeks.

Mrbob

I wish I could say the same about Kubes and the Texans getting blown out at home against the Bengals if it happens. Kubes is never leaving and neither is Schaub.

Cutty-laugh.gif

youngwerther said:
You can keep squawking about ancient history while you tune-in to watch the Falcons get dumped yet again
It's nice to have ancient history worth talking about. One day you'll know what that feels like.

Kudos on using squawking and Falcons in the same sentence by the way!:D

brentech

So if the Packers win today and hadn't gotten robbed in Seattle, they would be the #1 seed.

That's gotta sting.

Still going with that yes it sucks, but we played like shit. Shouldn't have come down to it. Only reason it stings is that it was the literal last play of the game.

Shouldn't have been in that position though.

effzee

Oh, for sure, I'll always give Reid his due for a lot of what he did, especially during his 99-04 run. But it clearly hasn't worked for a while, and I'm so glad to see him go.

And in near-term, we're still a young team, (though a lot of our stars are getting up there) and we'll be in okay shape next year with the good draft picks, cap-space, and key players getting back from injury.

But whoever does come in will need to figure out how to rebuild that atrocious defense.

Maybe one day I will write an article chronicling all the stupid mistakes, personnel and in game coaching, the man has made especially after the Superbowl season.

I used to be frustrated before the SB run also. His pass happy offense and the refusal to sign a big time WR, always relying on a bunch of scrubs for McNabb to pass to but at least I was seeing progress and a build up to something. At least there was a plan.

BUT none of that compares to the odd and the downright stupid moves he has made since McNabb came back from his 2nd season ending surgery in 07. Its sad because the one thing I really admired in Reid was that he stuck to his plan, even when it was something I completely disagreed with at least he stuck with his plan. The past 3-4 seasons have been just a directionless mess.

As for the young guys on our team...

I like that DJAX, Maclin, McCoy, and Brown are all young. I don't care to add much to the skill positions. More than anything we need a healthy OLINE and a different philosophy on offense.

The defense on the other hand needs a lot of work. Maybe LB isn't the #1 priority anymore but I still want upgrades at the LB level and complete overhaul of the secondary. Attitude change is also required. I want to see a nasty hard hitting defense. Our defense is soft across the board.

Harper gone. Smith gone. VIlma gone.
Streif gone. Bushrod gone.
Henderson probably gone.
We need new talent. This team is really old.

Payton is great at evaluating draft talent, so maybe we can get a couple of OL in later rounds. Defensive player the first pick, hopefully a safety.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I may Squicken to the Texans at times (Not this year, team is more trash than Chicago!), but you won't find me sporting a Packers avatar unless forced!

lol

Doorman

8 straight losses in his 4th year of coaching.

Honestly, how this team could retain Schwartz is beyond me.

CONTRACT EXTENSION! :D :D :D

Seriously. Schwartz being back is a given, and I'll be surprised if there's a change at OC or DC. Crossman might not be so lucky but that feels like an afterthought in light of all the team's other problems now.

Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft

that's my life

Can't wait to see which injured RB or WR we take in the second round

Hearing this woman in the bar shouting "Let's go Cowboys!" who probably just wears a Romo jersey because she thinks he's cute makes me hope he goes full LOLmo tonight.

Top Bottom