• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 17 |OT| The Gift That Keeps on Giving

xlarge.gif

Perfect
What was the best gif of this seasons?

Spinluck

Side by Side: Luck and Manning Rookie Years

Luck (11-5)
339/627 54% 4374 yards 23 TDs 18 INTs 5 Rushing TDs 9 fumbles

Manning (3-13)
326/575 57% 3739 yards 26 TDs 28 INTs 0 Rushing TDs 3 fumbles

Favorable comparison, all told. It's a different league (read: Passing) now, both of these guys had pedestrian completion percentage as rookies, were both predisposed to turnovers (assuming all fumbles were lost 27 for Luck, 31 for Peyton) and both generated similar raw TD numbers (28 for Luck 26 for Manning).

Manning also inherited a young Marvin Harrison and a pre-prime Marshall Faulk, Luck inherited an aging Reggie Wayne. Colts record in close games this year is totally unsustainable and they will probably regress with a 2nd place schedule next year.

Yeah we had a piss easy schedule this year, and when Peyton was a rook we were in a far more competitive AFC East Div. I expect Luck to improve, same with the team overall. Wouldn't be surprised if we regressed though. And damn those numbers remind me of how rough PeyPey's early days were. I never uttered blasphemous things like "we shouda picked Leaf" though, so I'm in the clear.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Jets need to cut Sanchez ASAP. They're gonna take the cap hit whether he's there or not. Might as well open up a roster spot for someone that at least has a chance of being productive.

He's going to be the starting QB next year.

Tannenbaum isn't going to lose his job.

Rex Ryan is still the head coach for 2013.

Have the Giants "turned it back on" yet?

Not even a chance to flip 'the playoff switch' lol
Maybe they need a switch for the regular season installed.

edit: But still what? The Broncs are way better and the Pats are the same team. It would be a great game but the Broncos are just killing it.

squicken

Luck (11-5)

Manning (3-13)

Favorable comparison, all told. It's a different league (read: Passing) now, both of these guys had pedestrian completion percentage as rookies, were both predisposed to turnovers (assuming all fumbles were lost 27 for Luck, 31 for Peyton) and both generated similar raw TD numbers (28 for Luck 26 for Manning).

Manning also inherited a young Marvin Harrison and a pre-prime Marshall Faulk, Luck inherited an aging Reggie Wayne. Colts record in close games this year is totally unsustainable and they will probably regress with a 2nd place schedule next year.

Guy is so close to the top tier. Just has to clean up sloppy mistakes. But I think the improvement of the team will offset reversion on the close games. Will be clear favorites for division for the next decade

Brinbe

Maybe one day I will write an article chronicling all the stupid mistakes, personnel and in game coaching, the man has made especially after the Superbowl season.

I used to be frustrated before the SB run also. His pass happy offense and the refusal to sign a big time WR, always relying on a bunch of scrubs for McNabb to pass to but at least I was seeing progress and a build up to something. At least there was a plan.

BUT none of that compares to the odd and the downright stupid moves he has made since McNabb came back from his 2nd season ending surgery in 07. Its sad because the one thing I really admired in Reid was that he stuck to his plan, even when it was something I completely disagreed with at least he stuck with his plan. The past 3-4 seasons have been just been a directionless mess.

As for the young guys on our team...

I like that DJAX, Maclin, McCoy, and Brown are all young. I don't care to add much to the skill positions. More than anything we need a healthy OLINE and a different philosophy on offense.

The defense on the other hand needs a lot of work. Maybe LB isn't the #1 priority anymore but I still want upgrades at the LB level and complete overhaul of the secondary. Attitude change is also required. I want to see a nasty hard hitting defense. Our defense is soft across the board.
Easily. In fact, these recent Eagles teams have been the complete opposite of what brought us to success with those early Reid teams. We may have never had those flashy skill players back then, but we won because we always took great care of the ball (something that Don was great at) and had a bend/don't break D that simply never gave up TDs.

If we make a turn back in that direction, we'll be better off.

Anyway, riding with the Skins tonight. Can't wait for the Romo hilarity.

TheFatOne

I'm getting nervous. Pats haven't been playing good for the past 2 games and Miami always plays the Pats close.

Yea this game is definitely not a gimme. I'm just hoping Miami packs it in, but that is highli doubtful. Maybe the Pats get an early big lead, and Miami quits. I'm glad the last game is not in Miami.

jakncoke

Banned

Luck (11-5)

Manning (3-13)

Only someone like Arians would have a rookie qb pass 627 times. Thats just shy of top 10 all time.

I just looked up and saw Peterson getting helped off the field, I was like what the fuck? then I saw that they were showing the footage from last year.

Also Mike Smith just said initial assessment of Abraham was that the injury isn't serious, I really hope he knows what he is talking about.

Top Bottom