• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 17 |OT| The Gift That Keeps on Giving

Since 1950 only one team has started 7-1 and missed the playoffs.

Make it two Bears you fucking clown ass joker motherfucking losers!
brandonmarshallwalkou4ixeu.gif

Honestly though I feel with a less shitty offense that Weeden can end up being pretty solid as a QB. Unlike the other rookies in this draft Shurmur didn't adjust his offense to the strengths of his QB. He created his offense and forced Weeden to do things he isn't used to.

Yeah, I'm not ready to give up on Weeds yet, he wasnt HORRIBLE. People that compare him to RG3 and Luck are stupid.

xnipx

Remember when Texans fans were so confident in Shaub leading them to greatness and talked about how awesome their team was?

cajunator

Banned
Yeah, I'm not ready to give up on Weeds yet, he wasnt HORRIBLE. People that compare him to RG3 and Luck are stupid.

I seem to recall Weeden making a lot of decent passes through the year only for whatever stone hands are on that team to completely fail the one job they have to do.

NY Daily News has an article covering what I already had a few months ago dealing with some of the roster turnover the Giants are going to work through this offseason along with a fairly significant list of FA's they'll look to sign.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f...ions-await-giants-offseason-article-1.1227331

FA list (with some of my own thoughts)

Kenny Phillips - Reese will give him a lowball "prove" it contract much like T2. Likely 2-2.5 million for 2103 with a nice bump in salary if he manages to stay healthy past that. If he doesn't, the Giants lose nothing (financially at least). Stevie Brown has made him a bit more expendable but I'd still like to retain Kenny. Stevie doesn't have his coverage ability, IMO.

Will Beatty - Due for a big pay day no matter how you slice it. Beatty is our LT of the future and was easily the best lineman all season long. First full season as a starter and he proved out why Reese drafted him in the 2nd round. HUGE upgrade over Diehl.

Kevin Boothe - He's not going to get the same pay day as Beatty but Reese will pay him fair market value for a decent Guard. Boothe has outplayed his contract and has been steady all season.

Martellus Bennett - He'll be resigned. Marty played well and proved he can be far more than Ballard or Boss ever was for us. Great blocker and an excellent red zone target for Eli. He won't command huge money.

Bear Pascoe
Travis Beckum - Gone. He's done nothing and I doubt he ever will. Injury prone to boot.

Chase Blackburn - Gone. Time to get younger and faster. I love Chase and he always seems to make a good play when you least expect it but he's slow.

Lawrence Tynes - Outside of the last few weeks, Tynes has had a great season. I don't see any reason why we don't resign him.

(those highlighted in black are the essential "keepers")

Osi is gone, Diehl is gone.

I don't believe Webster will be cut. He'll be asked to take a substantial pay cut to remain on the roster (since we're think at CB) but he won't be outright cut.

The big question is what to do with Tuck. 4.5 million isn't exactly breaking the bank but we would need to shed some cap space to make it work. I don't believe he'll be cut either personally considering Osi will be moving on.

Missing from the article and conversation is Chris Snee. Another one I don't think will be outright cut (not to mention he's Coughlin's son in law) but injuries and time have made the previous mauler a shell of his former self.

I seem to recall Weeden making a lot of decent passes through the year only for whatever stone hands are on that team to completely fail the one job they have to do.
It may appear that I hate Weeden but I don't, I was just severly disappointed when we took him at 22. My exact quote to my brother was "this is the worst day of my voice" (in a drake singing voice).

MechDX

Remember when Texans fans were so confident in Shaub leading them to greatness and talked about how awesome their team was?

In all truth: I think I was the only one championing Schaub, maybe Matrix.

I need the Colts to win this Sunday. Let's go Luck, man up and do what Peyton always did while he was with the Colts.

Beat the Texans then choke in the playoffs?

It may appear that I hate Weeden but I don't, I was just severly disappointed when we took him at 22. My exact quote to my brother was "this is the worst day of my voice" (in a drake singing voice).

Still surprised you let us outbid you. You've wasted picks in the past on trying to get "the guy", and we've never focused completely on the position in a while.

Hopefully you guys don't stay shy about drafting at the QB position just because it hasn't worked out for you the last few years. You still need the guy.

cajunator

Banned

Think thats bad? the 2012 Saints defense has a bunch of first round picks in it.
Cant think of a single one that has panned out.

Still surprised you let us outbid you. You've wasted picks in the past on trying to get "the guy", and we've never focused completely on the position in a while.

Hopefully you guys don't stay shy about drafting at the QB position just because it hasn't worked out for you the last few years. You still need the guy.
I've come to the realization I blame it all on Holmgren, it's how I make myself feel better.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

Since that Thursday night game I will say the receivers have stepped their game up. Only bad drop I can think of after that was Josh Gordon's potential game winner against the Colts: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXJMmcOob4g

You fucking young bastard! Get that Drizzy voice out of here!

cajunator

Banned
Since that Thursday night game I will say the receivers have stepped their game up. Only bad drop I can think of after that was Josh Gordon's potential game winner against the Colts: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXJMmcOob4g

You fucking young bastard! Get that Drizzy voice out of here!

He can still do this though
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=-14SQSkRvkE&NR=1

I think he has quite a lot of potential. Get him some help.
The only problem is he lost a lot of developmental years by being drafted so late.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
He can still do this though
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=-14SQSkRvkE&NR=1

I think he has quite a lot of potential. Get him some help.
The only problem is he lost a lot of developmental years by being drafted so late.

He's done well enough that people aren't saying "you guys wasted a 2nd rounder". I disagree about him losing development years though, he's still only 21 years old and yeah he did miss all of last season in college but just looking at him he's still pretty raw and he's managing to do all this. With the right coaching (thank god Shurmur is leaving) he could really turn into something nice.

Hell him being the deep threat he has allowed Greg Little to thrive as well.

And we are still developing Travis Benjamin who is probably the fastest guy on the team and who will most likely be taking over the return duties for Cribbs next season:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0bRTzvGzzk <---mute the sound, some kid is orgasming over the run

I think the best thing the Browns could do this offseason is bring in a solid veteran to help mentor these young guys. For once WR isn't something that we desperately need in the draft. Of course if a solid one comes our way go for it though.

kingslunk

Finally got around to watching the immaculate reception documentary. The thing that pisses me off the most is that if it wasn't a catch and the raiders won that game. They might have beaten the dolphins and there might not have ever been an undefeated team. Damn that play.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
He got cocky. He dare make fun of me and the shame circle decided enough was enough.

Guess I had something to do with that then too when I wouldn't let you be a Texans fan for a game. Is there anything we can do to repent?

Godslay

Banned
Remember when you clicked the X button in the upper right hand corner to get off GAF

:jnc

As long as Denver gets the 2 seed, I'm happy. 1 seed would be nice, but I'm not sure if the Colts can pull it off. I get the feeling the Texans are packing it in to a certain degree, we will see Sunday I guess.

Finished up Portal 2. Good shit!

My wife got me a Wii Motion Plus and Nunchuk for the Wii U (since I sold off my Wii long ago but kept a great many of the games). I've been revisiting Super Mario Galaxy and boy did I forgot how great the game is....

Top Bottom