• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 8 |OT| Take A Chill Pill

AirBrian

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2012/10/cleveland_browns_outgoing_pres.html

Hmm.

I'd take him as long as he did not have roster control. I don't want a GM/Coach. I want a distinct GM and Head Coach.

This is what gets me. They really could have cornered the market by pricing the mini at $199-$249. It's not like they don't have the cash to market and sell a break-even product. But I suppose that's not Apple's way and I'm sure the thing will still sell like hotcakes anyway.
Every time you post I'm thinking, "Why is woodchuck posting about the Panthers?"

beast786

Oh man, do you actually have that? I was looking at getting my two year old something for place rides.

My son used to. Until he got my original ipad. Its amazing how much they learn from it. He was talking in french from this app. The guy is going to turn 3 in a month. But, knows everything about ipad. Knows youtube and how to navigate. Obviously, he cant type , so he uses the history tab.

Its amazing to see the generation gap from what I was raised.

Vesmir

Banned
I always get to these threads so late.

TB @ MIN snes dies, vikebike rides

MIA @ NYJ go away sanchez
SD @ CLE only because kave_man deserves better
IND @ TEN luck sucks but fuck the titans
NE @ STL ew
JAC @ GB :lol
ATL @ PHI the second best bird in the NFL accidentally kills vick
WAS @ PIT fuck pit
SEA @ DET go hawks
CAR @ CHI scam cries

OAK @ KC why would i pick oakland
NYG @ DAL dark phoenix rises
NO @ DEN blessed tebow

SF @ ARI i hope they both lose

Dre3001

Would the Jags really draft a new QB? I know the current regime didnt draft Gabbert but I thought that people with the team were high on him now.

Only new figures are the owner and the coaches. The GM is the same for the last 4 years and he drafted Gabbert.

After this 1-15 season im fully expecting GM to be fired as well as all the coaches and everyone he brought in.

Draxal

Great video. LOL@ Blackburn "Third and long, they are a don't fuck it up offense"

On the Rg3 interception, Rg3 was trying to lead the TE with the pass but the TE stopped running his route. Rg3 fumble was just a great job by the Giants. Also Madieu Williams has to be the worst FS in the NFL.

I don't think he was trying to lead initially, play just got blown up by Joseph, and had to delay the throw/lead because of it.

Here's Stevie Brown talking about it.

http://www.giants.com/media-vault/v...owns_INT/2ea31cdd-4f45-4057-bbe9-2c634ab3b960

Any of Giants Gaf going to get the shirt he has on?

Bowser

Only new figures are the owner and the coaches. The GM is the same for the last 4 years and he drafted Gabbert.

After this 1-15 season im fully expecting GM to be fired as well as all the coaches and everyone he brought in.

Isn't this Mularkey's first season? Even Rivera's going to get two full seasons before he's axed.

meljeff

Wow just found out that it wasn't Stickum the Chargers were using.
If you look closely at the hands you will see it is Steak-Umms.

Apparently Charger receivers were using Gloves made out of Steak umms.
Which is in an advertisement deal with the Chargers.

DSyJw.png

"They make great gloves, but are still tasty and delicious when we are on the sideline."
Malcom Flloyd said during an interview this week.

So the Chargers weren't "Cheating" but they may have been "Eating" their Steak Umm Gloves! Yum!

mr2xxx said:
Great video. LOL@ Blackburn
Blackburn's an interesting guy to watch. He has a knack for creating those big game changing plays like the fumble at the end of the game so it's hard to completely criticize him being on the field (plus Chase is just such a nice fucking guy when he's interviewed that it's hard to dislike him). He knows the defense in and out and does a good job of getting folks lined up, communicating etc. but he just doesn't have the physical tools to play the game at a high level. I know others have called him out in the past for being slow and its becoming more true week after week.

A lot of those runs you guys ripping off on us were straight at Blackburn. Dude was just getting pushed back 5-8 yards on every play. You're guard (I can't remember his name) was stonewalling him on every fucking play. He came in last season and rescued us when the young linebacking corp was growing up. He solidified the middle of the defense but he's a stop gap right now. Herzlich needs to progress and take that spot from Chase down the line. He doesn't have the mental part completely down yet but he's got the physicality and speed.

We now start a rough stretch in our schedule. There are countless things I could criticize but the thing that really frustrates me that's a commonality between our three losses and something I feel shouldn't be a problem is that our D starts each game in sleep mode. If they would play the beginning stretch like they do the second half, we'd have EASILY won all three games. Minny wouldn't have scored a single point. I'm not sure why they haven't played that way right off the bat but it's got to change.

At this point, our season is lost to injuries but I expect our D will keep us in every game. I guess the one point of optimism is that everyone will be back healthy next season, it's not a matter of lack of talent or a drop in performance by anyone. Kolb proved he can play although his ability to stay healthy is in question and I wonder if we'll find him to be too expensive to risk going forward. Guy misses too many games each season. The OL still will be bad, but no where near as bad with the starting OT's back and hopefully all this experience Massie is getting will help him get to the next level next season.

Skelton is as expected, forces big plays which inevitably leads to interceptions. He clearly took nothing from watching Kolb make ball security a priority. Instead of taking note of what worked with our offense, he just decided that wasn't his game and went back to doing the usual. All those throws at our receivers ankles drove me nuts.

Hats off to LSH having his career game and mega stud D Wash continues to beast. Going to be a top if not the top, ILB in the league for years and years. Andre Roberts has really stepped up this season as another threat and if Floyd comes along, oh man will we have weapons. Housler has played well in Heap's absence which I'm pleased with.

So looks like you very well may have your prediction yet, FMT. Or we might not even hit 7 wins. It's certainly not because we're frauds, however. I challenge anyone on this board to name a single team that wouldn't suck a copious amount of dick if they were missing:

Starting QB (this alone would make virtually all the successful teams irrelevant)
BOTH starting OT's (before the season even began)
BOTH of your top RB's (one for season and other for most of it)
Starting TE (Ironic we miss Heap's blocking even more than his receiving, one of the reasons our protection was better first three weeks)
Starting FB (huge blow to our OL and especially the run game, obviously)
Starting FS
Starting DE
CB2

The list goes on and on and pretty much hit all the most critical positions on the team besides Center. I point this out simply to shush those that are acting like we are frauds and it was luck that we won the first four games. Let's see your teams win with this kind of injury list.

Smokey

Texans were pretty close to those injuries you listed last yr bruh

Guess you just don't have a quality third quarterback. Like tj Yates!

Texans were pretty close to those injuries you listed last yr bruh

Your point? You only made the playoffs because of the lack of competition in your division. If the Niners were in your division last year, you wouldn't have done anything.

Ha, true that. Skelly used to own the 4th quarter. Not this year.

squicken

Starting QB (this alone would make virtually all the successful teams irrelevant)
BOTH starting OT's (before the season even began)
BOTH of your top RB's (one for season and other for most of it)
Starting TE (Ironic we miss Heap's blocking even more than his receiving, one of the reasons our protection was better first three weeks)
Starting FB (huge blow to our OL and especially the run game, obviously)
Starting FS
Starting DE
CB2

We tried to tell you your team was crap and was getting lucky. Glad you see it now and have adjusted your expectations.

And yeah, your OL gives you no chance. Your tackles are like so far beyond any other tackles in terms of awfulness it's unreal

ibkYfoLz6dDjlz.jpg

iby5CTigSgVmFM.jpg

mr2xxx

Banned

Smokey

Your point? You only made the playoffs because of the lack of competition in your division. If the Niners were in your division last year, you wouldn't have done anything.

Ha, true that. Skelly used to own the 4th quarter. Not this year.

We had a third string qb running the show. That automatically brings your team way down and those teams you we better than before now have a pretty good chance of beating you. Even better they got in and won a playoff game.

You asked for examples and I just provided you one :p

mr2xxx

Banned
We tried to tell you your team was crap and was getting lucky. Glad you see it now and have adjusted your expectations.

And yeah, your OL gives you no chance. Your tackles are like so far beyond any other tackles in terms of awfulness it's unreal

ibkYfoLz6dDjlz.jpg

iby5CTigSgVmFM.jpg

Got the rest of league? Curious to see how our starters grade, not surprised at Polumbuses suckitude.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Oh my goodness is Jim Schwartz insane.

At his press conference, he states that he has lost no faith in Stefan Logan and that he's made "big plays" for the team (somehow being ignorant of the fact that he's put the ball on the ground 3 times in the last 2 games).

Then, this appears:

4:22 -- Schwartz doesn't believe sense of urgency is a problem for the offense early in games. Feels the team has been more likely to press too much than not press enough early.

I honestly have no clue if the guy is even watching the game.

Smokey

Oh look Mario Williams whining again:

Buffalo Bills defensive end Mario Williams, who signed $100 million contract, is playing timid and has disappeared in several games already this season.

The reason? According to Williams, his wrist injury is a big factor.

“I’ve got a lot of hesitation,” Williams told the Buffalo News. “It’s on me. That’s fine. I know I gotta change that. Believe me, I don’t need anybody to tell me that. I look at it just how everybody else does.”
This is the second time Williams has blamed his wrist for poor play, and it’s not a good look if you’re the team’s highest-paid player.

If Williams is truly injured, it’s time to sit and let someone else play. This version of Williams is not making the Bills better. Buffalo is last against the run and Williams hasn’t provided a consistent pass rush.

But if Williams if healthy enough to play, he can no longer blame the wrist when things go wrong. Bills fans no longer want to hear excuses from their star player.

We will say it again: Williams needs to let his play do the talking

Then how about you go sit the hell down wtf

watch him not play against the Texans in 2 weeks

Squall now back tracking and using injuries to get away from early season predictions.
What a weird ass remark. I'm supposed to predict if half my team will get injured? We dealt pretty damn well with a few pieces missing like the OT's, but then we lost the FB and TE that was blocking really well and our OL just completely went to shit. Also, Kolb plays, we beat Minny, no doubt. I'll try to pull out my crystal health ball next season, buddy.

ibkYfoLz6dDjlz.jpg

iby5CTigSgVmFM.jpg

HAHAHA you quote the injury list and then talk about the team being crap and lucky! You crack me up sometimes, man. You were a fool when you said we were crap and we would have continued to prove you wrong on a weekly basis if a few of those guys stayed healthy which they were at the time that I made my comments about where we'd end up. It's posters like you that had me posting that laundry list. I'm not going to lament what is lost from injuries all season, it is what it is, but it's ridiculous that people try to act like our wins were luck and refuse to see the correlation between the losses and the loss of personnel on the field.

squicken

Got the rest of league? Curious to see how our starters grade, not surprised at Polumbuses suckitude.

That's premium content on their site, so I probably shouldn't post too much as far as images. But your OL does very well.

Williams is top 10 OT, Chester top 20 top 20 OG, other guard poor, Montgomery top 5. Very good offensive line there

mr2xxx

Banned
Speaking of avatars, which sucker Bears fan am I roping in this week? Mrbob? ari? Seda? AirBrian? squicken?

I'm down for next week when we violate Cam and have Smitty smacking him around telling him " speak with your chest, you pouty bitch!"

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Fun fact: Detroit is scoring an average of 6.1 points in the first half and 3.5 points in the first quarter.

We had a third string qb running the show. That automatically brings your team way down and those teams you we better than before now have a pretty good chance of beating you. Even better they got in and won a playoff game.

You asked for examples and I just provided you one :p

Again, you got in because there wasn't a single good FB team in your division. If you had the Niners like we did, you'd have had two less wins and missed the playoffs. So no, it's not even remotely comparable. You were missing your QB yes, but you still had a top OL in the league to protect your scrub backup QB and you had stud RB's to take advantage of it. We lose our starting QB but we have a shit OL which is even more shit due to injuries, and our RB's are out. Again, not even remotely comparable. Skelton would look much better behind your OL.

squicken

HAHAHA you quote the injury list and then talk about the team being crap and lucky! You crack me up sometimes, man. You were a fool when you said we were crap and we would have continued to prove you wrong on a weekly basis if a few of those guys stayed healthy which they were at the time that I made my comments about where we'd end up. It's posters like you that had me posting that laundry list. I'm not going to lament what is lost from injuries all season, it is what it is, but it's ridiculous that people try to act like our wins were luck and refuse to see the correlation between the losses and the loss of personnel on the field.

Your team sucks b/c your coach is a moron and your QBs are shit. Your defensive is overrated and slow. Amendola was pushing all-world Peterson's shit in until he got hurt. Slot midget Amendola ripping up Peterson on the outside. You are God-awful clowns b/c your GM is so terrible at his job that you are putting the dreck from above on the field after using a first round pick on a WR

You got lucky for the reasons that have been given to you several times. Winning games in the 4Q and recovering fumbles are unsustainable. Water finds its level and your guys have found yours

mr2xxx

Banned
Done.

Although I may be rooting for the Skins that week for the good of the country...and that's all I'll say about that.

Hope I didn't open Pandora's box right there

good man, to keep the presidential vibe I'll gift you with this next week.

RG3-Hope-B-n-G-e13313909081441.jpg

Smokey

Again, you got in because there wasn't a single good FB team in your division. If you had the Niners like we did, you'd have had two less wins and missed the playoffs. So no, it's not even remotely comparable. You were missing your QB yes, but you still had a top OL in the league to protect your scrub backup QB and you had stud RB's to take advantage of it. We lose our starting QB but we have a shit OL which is even more shit due to injuries, and our RB's are out. Again, not even remotely comparable. Skelton would look much better behind your OL.

Then your team should draft better for depth. Or for that matter a true QB. But I know that feel about injuries!

mr2xxx

Banned
That's premium content on their site, so I probably shouldn't post too much as far as images. But your OL does very well.

Williams is top 10 OT, Chester top 20 top 20 OG, other guard poor, Montgomery top 5. Very good offensive line there

Thanks, I'm suprised that our OL is actually decent considering everyone but Trent was other teams garbage.

Bowser

LOL so apparently Everette Brown wrote a letter "to Marty Hurney" which you can read here: http://everettebrown.tumblr.com/

Some choice quotes:

During my time with the organization I believed that I had developed completely as a person and as a player but then I was cut before the 2011 season. As a result of being released, instead of giving up and allowing all of the negative media to affect me as a player, I became a better person and player than I could have ever imagined.

lol wtf?

The problems with the Panthers didn’t begin after I was drafted and most certainly haven’t been resolved since I have been gone. Being from eastern NC, the Panthers organization knew exactly what they were getting with me and exactly what they would get out of me… Everything and nothing less!

If what we got out of Everette Brown was everything...well, let's just say Everette Brown didn't have much to give.

I will continue to fight for my dream and for my reputation simply because I don’t believe in being a statistic! To those that believe that one player can change the culture of an entire team you have forgotten the fundamental principles of a team sport…there’s no “I” in “TEAM!”

cool story bro.

Here's a summary of this "letter":

Dear Marty Hurney,

Me me me me me. Me my me I me. I my me my me. Me my my I my.

Regards,
Everette Brown

Why the fuck would Marty Hurney want to read this letter?

Top Bottom