• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 8 |OT| Take A Chill Pill

Nightz

AFC Elite teams:

Texans
Broncos
Patriots
Ravens

Those are the top four with Patriots and Broncos being the best two. Still don't trust Schaub in the playoffs with no receivers. Chargers sneak up for a WC spot with the last spot going to either the Steelers/Dolphins/Colts getting the last spot.

Either way the NFC smokes the AFC this year.

That ain't gonna happen. They're headed for a top 10 pick and Norv getting fired (I hope).

Tabris

Ala Week 2

Me and ez are vindicated on his shitty arm strength.

I had a feeling it was fools gold last week.

On the good news for the Broncos I have a feeling their running game and defense are legit. Peyton just needs to lean on them Farve style (when he was in Minny).

There is no mustard on his throws

Manning doesnt have the arm strength.

Really glad that Manning chose Denver over San Francisco in the off season.

hehehaaha and niners fans wanted this loser peypey over alex!? ridiculous!

haha mannings arm is done....

never turn your back on harbs peypey. LESSON LEARNED!

Damn PeyPey < Weeden

Damn. Kolb > PeyPey

HAHAHAHAH

just retire peypey!

Peytons arm is gone.

Now who was the guy that said that Denver was the best team in the league? I would like to direct a :jnc to you.

He's done.

Search your feelings you know it to be true.

Or use your eyes and watch those lame ducks being thrown.

There is no more appropriate phrase than... SUCK IT!!!!!

All the haters are coming out now. I know your names now. Manning and his team are learning.

I told you I would know your names.

AFC Elite teams:

Texans
Broncos
Patriots
Ravens

Those are the top four with Patriots and Broncos being the best two. Still don't trust Schaub in the playoffs with no receivers. Chargers sneak up for a WC spot with the last spot going to either the Steelers/Dolphins/Colts getting the last spot.

I would say Ravens are in there, but they've had some pretty nasty injuries to their D. I know that big loss came to the Texans, but still. I'd give it a toss up right now between the Ravens and the Steelers in the AFC North.

ari

Banned
AFC Elite teams:

Texans
Broncos
Patriots
Ravens

I agree the AFC is trash this year, But the list is more like:

Patriots
Texans
Steelers
Broncos
Ravens
Dolphins

If you throw in the NFC, I honestly can see two or three AFC teams on that list. Seriously.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
AFC Elite teams:

Texans
Broncos
Patriots
Ravens

Chargers lost to the Browns.

By rule they are immediately eliminated from the playoffs.

Godslay

Banned
Ala Week 2

:jnc

HAHAHAHAHA.

For you...

iBjmOC9ux34CO.gif

Draconian

Is the post calling people out for criticizing Manning serious? Sorry if I'm not impressed that he picked apart the completely worthless Saints defense. Seriously, who hasn't thrown for 300 yards on these guys?

Collinsworth really can't find a fault with the Broncos? lol

I can name one. McGahee's fumble-itis. Seriously, he is too good a player to constantly be screwing up Denver's momentum by fumbling the ball at some point in the game. He should go ask the Chargers for whatever they failed to use.

cajunator

Banned
Brees is going to play these last 16 seconds? Good grief.

People can say what they want about Brees but he doesnt abandon his guys and he wont ever throw them under the bus.
Thats why people like him.

I do have a feeling that after this game the team is going to blitzkrieg the Eagles at home.

Derrick01

Banned
I missed the mcgahee fumble, I guess it happened when I was watching walking dead.

I fucking knew he would. Him or Thomas fumbling is as guaranteed as Brees throwing a TD.

squicken

The Saints offered Nicks a contract but he took more money to go to TB. Then Brees nearly held out to get every cent he could. So good for those two guys. Really

But not so good for Saints fans

And let the Peyton Manning MVP talk commence. Not that it hasn't already, but you can't deny his candidacy now. He has been playing lights out since the Texans game and has the Broncos in 1st place in the AFC West. The rest of their schedule is pretty soft outside of Baltimore, and even they don't seem to pose the same threat they once did just two weeks ago. With at least 11 wins and great stats I think he's on his way to a 5th MVP. And yes I realize Matt Ryan is having great year himself but Peyton has the whole story with him coming back and starting over on a new team. And his name alone has a ton of merit. So I wouldn't count on Ryan being a lock even if his team has a better record and won the head to head. It's going to be a close race this year and it's good to have Peyton back in the mix.

Ala Week 2

Peyton's definitely playing some great ball right now.

I admit, it, I didn't think he had it left in him. After that Atlanta game I thought he was done. Glad to see he's proving me wrong.

But, he's going to wreck the Panthers in a few weeks.

cajunator

Banned
For me, it was seeing the Denver defense shutting down the Saints offense. That was impressive, and unexpected.

Im not.
Offense is pretty banged up.
The problem was timid playcalling.
Few play fakes, little adjustment.
Brees normally does all those audibles at the line and such.
This huddle stuff doesnt work well for them.

And let the Peyton Manning MVP talk commence. Not that it hasn't already, but you can't deny his candidacy now. He has been playing lights out since the Texans game and has the Broncos in 1st place in the AFC West. The rest of their schedule is pretty soft outside of Baltimore, and even they don't seem to pose the same threat they once did just two weeks ago. With at least 11 wins and great stats I think he's on his way to a 5th MVP. And yes I realize Matt Ryan is having great year himself but Peyton has the whole story with him coming back and starting over on a new team. And his name alone has a ton of merit. So I wouldn't count on Ryan being a lock even if his team has a better record and won the head to head. It's going to be a close race this year and it's good to have Peyton back in the mix.
I agree, cause fuck Matt Ryan.

ari

Banned
Lol

not that i disagree that manning has been awesome but they are 4-3 and in first place in the 2nd worst division in football.

p.s.

yes i wish manning was a niner :(

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

4q3ss4w.gif

Godslay

Banned

Good man Gator. Brady and Manning for the old fucks they are, are playing amazing.

I'm not really ready to go that far yet. If he can play consistently this way over the next 10 games he should have it.

Comeback player of the year so far imo though.

cajunator

Banned
Well somehow they only scored 34.
Was honestly expecting a 40 burger.
Yardage given up this year is astoundingly high.
Its on a whole new level of suck.

Top Bottom