• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 8 |OT| Take A Chill Pill

RBH

When RG3 styles all over your shitty team on Thanksgiving, you will know true suffering.

553118160.gif

Striker

RGIII is MVP/best player in NFL.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...10/22/wilbon-rgiii-is-best-player-in-the-nfl/

“I think – and you have to win, they’re gonna have to go no worse than 9-7 and probably 10-6 – I think RGIII’s the best player in the league,” Wilbon said Monday morning on Tony Kornheiser’s ESPN 980 program. “I don’t mean best rookie. I think he’s the MVP.

“Because they can win any game, the Redskins now, because of him,” Wilbon continued. “Any game. They can beat anybody. Don’t tell me they can’t beat Houston. Now, they could also lose, because of what happened at the end of the game. And we’ve seen that. He’s put them in position, he’s won two games and the defense couldn’t come up with a save, if you will.

“Right now, to me, who’s had a better year than RGIII, personally?” Wilbon then asked. “We’re talking about individual. Eli? Eh. This kid hasn’t had a bad game. He hasn’t. Luck, if we go back to rookies, Luck’s had a couple of bad games. Aaron Rodgers has had at least one bad game. Not that you wouldn’t happily take Aaron Rodgers for the rest of the season, but RGIII to me is right there. How can you not have him right there?…

“I’m not projecting,” Wilbon later said, when the topic of Cam Newton was broached. “I’m not projecting. I’m talking about right now. Right now, who’s better than this kid? Give me a guy definitively who’s better than RGIII.”

eznark

Banned
“I’m not projecting,” Wilbon later said, when the topic of Cam Newton was broached. “I’m not projecting. I’m talking about right now. Right now, who’s better than this kid? Give me a guy definitively who’s better than RGIII.”

So if you were going to the Super Bowl and had to pick one QB to lead your team, you'd pick RGIII?

looooooooooooooooooooooool Wilbon

bionic77

Despite being a huge Apple fan, I must concluded that the iPad Mini is tremendously overpriced.

That black slate back is sexy as shit though.

Ughhhhhrhrhhhh.
People said the same thing about the iPad as well.

I have never been a fan of tablets. I just don't get it so I can't really speak intelligently on value or what to get. I am happier using my phone and Macbook Air (best laptop period). Fuck dat Retina too. I can't go back to something bigger now that I have gotten used to an Air.

Those fusion drives were a long time coming though. Makes sense on the bigger laptops and desktops, especially now that Apple is taking disk drives out of everything.

eznark

Banned
People said the same thing about the iPad as well.

I have never been a fan of tablets. I just don't get it so I can't really speak intelligently on value or what to get. I am happier using my phone and Macbook Air (best laptop period). Fuck dat Retina too. I can't go back to something bigger now that I have gotten used to an Air.

Those fusion drives were a long time coming though. Makes sense on the bigger laptops and desktops, especially now that Apple is taking disk drives out of everything.

Hybrid drives have been here for years.

Bowser

Apple's is the first hybrid drive that I can recall offering the type of storage capacity it does. Most hybrid drives have 16-32GB of SSD, I believe, while Apple's offering 128GB SSD plus 1 or 3 TB HDD.

eznark

Banned
Apple's is the first hybrid drive that I can recall offering the type of storage capacity it does. Most hybrid drives have 16-32GB of SSD, I believe, while Apple's offering 128GB SSD plus 1 or 3 TB HDD.

You've been able to get 128+1TB I'm pretty positive for a couple years. At least a year I think, for like $500. I haven't looked at pricing, what are they asking for the 3TB upgrade? OCZ had one out last fall fo' sho'

bionic77

That was my point. They should have been in iMacs and the Pro laptops for sometime now. Especially since they are taking out the disc drives. There is probably no space for them in Airs, otherwise I would buy another Air next year if they did the impossible and found a way to make it fit.

Bowser

You've been able to get 128+1TB I'm pretty positive for a couple years. At least a year I think, for like $500. I haven't looked at pricing, what are they asking for the 3TB upgrade? OCZ had one out last fall fo' sho'

Ok, I'll take your word for it. Don't know too much about them, I remember looking into getting a Seagate Momentus or something like that for my old Thinkpad, which is where I think I'm getting the 16-32GB SSD figure from, but I don't think the laptop supported the drive.

It looks like only the 27" iMac can be configured with a 3TB fusion drive which starts at $1,799, already a $500 premium on the 21.5" iMac (and it will be more than $1,799 because that's the price with a 1TB drive non-fusion drive). Can't check because you can't add to cart yet.

I just realized that the fusion drives aren't even standard in the iMac, and the lowest option, the $1,299 21.5" iMac, can't even be configured for the fusion drive. You have to start with the $1,499 21.5" iMac to get a fusion drive, and even then, you can only get the 1TB option, not the 3TB. Kind of lame.

Slo

I don't know how you could consider Suh's hit dirty. Violent yes, but what exactly would you say is illegal about it?

kingslunk

I don't know how you could consider Suh's hit dirty. Violent yes, but what exactly would you say is illegal about it?

How is it violent? He just swept his legs under?

People (ESPN) are making it out like he ripped cutler's helmet around and swung him to the ground then kicked him repeatedly in the chest.

bionic77

What the fuck is Wilbon smoking? RG3 is nice but goddamn.
In addition to being a fanboy of Magic Johnson and Lebron, Wilbon has always been a homer of Chicago and DC sports.

RG3 is a pretty big deal in DC. I think Wilbon is getting caught up in that. I mean when is the last time the Redskins had a decent qb? Their fans have become so disillusioned that some of them started to wear Uggs and cheer for Tom Brady. It is pretty obvious that they were going to fall head over heels for RG3.

eznark

Banned
I just realized that the fusion drives aren't even standard in the iMac, and the lowest option, the $1,299 21.5" iMac, can't even be configured for the fusion drive. You have to start with the $1,499 21.5" iMac to get a fusion drive, and even then, you can only get the 1TB option, not the 3TB. Kind of lame.

:jnc

bionic77

Ok, I'll take your word for it. Don't know too much about them, I remember looking into getting a Seagate Momentus or something like that for my old Thinkpad, which is where I think I'm getting the 16-32GB SSD figure from, but I don't think the laptop supported the drive.

It looks like only the 27" iMac can be configured with a 3TB fusion drive which starts at $1,799, already a $500 premium on the 21.5" iMac (and it will be more than $1,799 because that's the price with a 1TB drive non-fusion drive). Can't check because you can't add to cart yet.

I love the idea of the fusion drive but 1800 seems pricey for a desktop, even a sexy all in one. My wife loves the way the iMac looks though so I imagine it is going to replace our Mini whenever we move to our next house.

Slo

How is it violent? He just swept his legs under?

1) Who said being violent is a bad thing?
2) I'd love for someone to construct a definition of "violent" that would exclude what Suh did to Cutler. Seriously, I'd love to read it.

:jnc

bionic77

Joe Rogan had a great podcast recently with Victor Conte (the Balco guy). Fascinating listen about steroids and pro sports.

I highly recommend it to everyone, and doubly so to Packer fans!

Slo

Joe Rogan had a great podcast recently with Victor Conte (the Balco guy). Fascinating listen about steroids and pro sports.

I highly recommend it to everyone, and doubly so to Packer fans!

Did he talk you into eating mushrooms and buying an isolation tank?

bionic77

I'll wait til he interviews Richard Rydze.
What would you gain from that? He said he didn't give any steroids to the dozens of Steelers players he had access to.

That explanation was good enough for the Rooneys so it is good enough for me.

Case closed!

bionic77

Did he talk you into eating mushrooms and buying an isolation tank?
Not into drugs or many of his crazy theories. I started listening to the podcast because I find Joey Diaz hilarious. But he also gets some interesting guests. Can't stand Brian though. What an annoying fuck.

Rogan's podcast is not as good as my two favorites, the champs or tested, but I drive a lot and this is one of my secondary podcasts.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
So RG3 is being outperformed by Peyton Manning and Aaron Rodgers and isn't even the best player at his position based on QB rating (the good one).

He's also coming up short compared to his peers on yards per game and substantially shorter on TD passes. Oh and he has far fewer pass attempts. He simply isn't being asked to do the same amount of work as other quarterbacks.

Is he outperforming expectations and on pace to beat out Andrew Luck for ROY? Of course! Best player in the NFL? That's smoking crack. Especially when we saw this exact same story last season with Cam Newton, who people said was the best rookie season for a QB ever.

bionic77

So RG3 is being outperformed by Peyton Manning and Aaron Rodgers and isn't even the best player at his position based on QB rating (the good one).

He's also coming up short compared to his peers on yards per game and substantially shorter on TD passes. Oh and he has far fewer pass attempts. He simply isn't being asked to do the same amount of work as other quarterbacks.

Is he outperforming expectations and on pace to beat out Andrew Luck for ROY? Of course! Best player in the NFL? That's smoking crack. Especially when we saw this exact same story last season with Cam Newton, who people said was the best rookie season for a QB ever.
If anyone doubted that Packer fans were inherently racist I am pretty sure this post erases all remaining doubt!

Slo

Not into drugs or many of his crazy theories. I started listening to the podcast because I find Joey Diaz hilarious. But he also gets some interesting guests. Can't stand Brian though. What an annoying fuck.

Rogan's podcast is not as good as my two favorites, the champs or tested, but I drive a lot and this is one of my secondary podcasts.

I listen to Rogan a lot, find him funny and he has a wide variety of guest and topic and he seems to at least entertain a lot of strange ideas. Sometimes I have to turn it off when he goes off on hour long rants about the same tired shit every podcast. And yeah, Brian's a cunt.

Haven't listened to the other two.

ari

Banned
So many packer commercials, Jesus fucking Christ. The Green Bay publicists are starting to piss me off.

bionic77

Michael Jordan is also the best basketball player of all time.
This is what happens when the only basketball you have seen consists of the movie Space Jam.

If only Milwaukee had a basketball team I might try to engage you in a debate about the game.

eznark

Banned
I would appreciate a well done commercial like that more if I didn't see him and his teammates in at least 2 commercials every commercial break on every channel.

Things no one on the planet earth give a fuck about: your opinions

Bowser

According to this, RG3 is currently in the midst of the greatest rookie season in league history, but that season is being wasted by a historically inept Redskins defense: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...griffin-iii/index.html?eref=sihp&sct=hp_wr_a3

bionic77

Things no one on the planet earth give a fuck about: your opinions
You have never been more wrong about anything.

I greatly value his opinions hating on the Packers and their overexposure on television. I also suspect that many other individuals feel the same way.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

One thing that I find humorous is that because as great as he has been throwing the football this year it's actually led his rushing effectiveness to be understated, he's been by far one of the best runners in the league this season.

Once you take that into account it's pretty easy to make an argument that he actually has been one of the very best QBs in the entire league this season. Even an argument as the very best.

Top Bottom