• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 8 |OT| Take A Chill Pill

Writers and analysts always take a rookie's performance and extrapolate it over their entire career. That's why we're hearing this RIII dick riding, just like with Cam last year.

LevelNth

Banned
Writers and analysts always take a rookie's performance and extrapolate it over their entire career. That's why we're hearing this RIII dick riding, just like with Cam last year.
It's also compounded with the fact that he's in Washington. Which is on the East. In the NFC East.

Put RG3 in Seattle or Kansas City or San Diego and the hype would be significantly less.

squicken

Big Ben dominated while his team went 15-1 and all the way to the AFC Championship before they were cheated by the Cheatriots, one of the few games where cheating was documented to have happened in.

I wouldn't say Ben dominated his rookie year unless we are discussing unreported crimes in the Greater Pittsburgh area

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Big Ben dominated while his team went 15-1 and all the way to the AFC Championship before they were cheated by the Cheatriots, one of the few games where cheating was documented to have happened in.

this reminded me, yankeehater is always going off about cheating, Jaworski was one of the former players who admitted to stealing defensive signals during his playing days, too bad it wasn't enough for him.

Update:

Dan Graziano @espn_nfceast

RT @toddarcher: Cowboys sign Ernie Sims. Sean Lee to injured reserve officially ending season.

They also signed safety Charlie Peprah.

EDIT: Good news for Rams fans too:

ProFootballTalk @ProFootballTalk

Danny Amendola returns to practice, less than three weeks after a fairly serious injury

effzee

Wow Ernie Sims has had a terrible career based on the promise he showed.

He was still one of the better LBs on the Eagles though lol

DeaconKnowledge said:
Isn't this the second time he's gone out for the season?
He had some nagging injuries during his rookie season which limited is playing time, yes but he was not IR'd. His 2011 season was a breakout season and he's become one of the best defenders on the Dallas D.

It's a significant loss for them.

One thing that I find humorous is that because as great as he has been throwing the football this year it's actually led his rushing effectiveness to be understated, he's been by far one of the best runners in the league this season.

Once you take that into account it's pretty easy to make an argument that he actually has been one of the very best QBs in the entire league this season. Even an argument as the very best.

Yeah I don't know how you're going to use TD passes against Griff given the rushing attack he brings to the table.

The Redskins overall talent is easily bottom 3 in the league right now though. These receivers are who the fuck bad.

And Bobs had multiple 50 yard balls dropped by the street pickups this year.

I don't take him over guys like Brady and Rogers, but I'm not opposed to thinking that he could win a bowl this year with the weapons those guys typically have around them.

eznark

Banned
Yeah I don't know how you're going to use TD passes against Griff given the rushing attack he brings to the table.

The Redskins overall talent is easily bottom 3 in the league right now though. These receivers are who the fuck bad.

And Bobs had multiple 50 yard balls dropped by the street pickups this year.

So does every other team. And even using combined touchdowns he isn't leading the league in scores, so it's not that huge of an issue.

Fox318

Eva Longoria, Mark Sanchez split after three months together: Couple’s age difference and actress’ ‘Hollywood’ lifestyle are to blame

It's another fumble for Mark Sanchez — he’s breaking up with Eva Longoria.

The couple has officially broken up, Sanchez’s rep confirmed to US Weekly Tuesday. This comes after Confidenti@l had reported the 25-year-old Jets quarterback spent early Saturday morning “flirting and dancing with some blond” at the Darby Downstairs nightclub on W. 14th St.

“Mark adores and respects Eva,” Sanchez’s spokesman told US. “It really was about scheduling more than anything. They will remain close friends.”

A source says that’s all the couple ever really seemed to be in the first place, despite their high-profile romance of three months.

“They just seem like buddies,” said the insider.

The superstars’ schedules seem to have gotten in the way of anything long-term. The source confirmed the couple “were never really together.”

It was game over for Sanchez, a second source said, because of “the age difference” — the 37-year-old divorced actress, formerly married to basketball player Tony Parker, is 12 years older than Gang Green’s quarterback.

They also moved in different circles. “She’s more ‘Hollywood’ than he is,” says the second insider. “Her people are always around, and (Mark) didn’t like that.”

But the athlete certainly appears to like New York nightlife: after partying until 3:30 a.m. Saturday at the Darby Downstairs, Sanchez was spotted on Monday night at TOY restaurant having a guys’ night out.

A rep for Longoria had no comment.
http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/eva-longoria-mark-sanchez-call-quits-article-1.1190564

Daily News Article said:
But the athlete certainly appears to like New York nightlife: after partying until 3:30 a.m. Saturday at the Darby Downstairs, Sanchez was spotted on Monday night at TOY restaurant having a guys’ night out.
Glad to see he's getting in that film work!

LevelNth

Banned
This is why having a good looking QB is a nightmare. I want my QB as ugly as possible, and as nerdy as possible, so that instead of partying out in NYC on a Friday night, he's studying film. At home. Alone.

this reminded me, yankeehater is always going off about cheating, Jaworski was one of the former players who admitted to stealing defensive signals during his playing days, too bad it wasn't enough for him.

And if Jaw had won a SB people would rightly say it shouldnt count. People freak out about stealing signs all the time in baseball. What the Pats did was worse then anything any other team has ever, or will ever do, but it doesnt excuse other teams/players from their crimes.

Dragon

Banned
And if Jaw had won a SB people would rightly say it shouldnt count. People freak out about stealing signs all the time in baseball. What the Pats did was worse then anything any other team has ever, or will ever do, but it doesnt excuse other teams/players from their crimes.

I doubt you even realize what the Pats actually did if you think this.

WedgeX

Banned
Back to the typical mid-season Lions fan depression. Luckily, Green Bay provided us with an easy cure for depression this year.

ijIgZ2D3uP7G9.gif

I'm so glad this happened and that gaf introduced me to it.

Eagles update:

@BobGrotz: Wow...OT Jason Peters a possibility to practice in next three weeks. #Eagles

I can't imagine how someone recovers from two achilles tears in the amount of time he's had. Again, the Eagles would do well not to rush him back and risk even further injury.

This is why having a good looking QB is a nightmare. I want my QB as ugly as possible, and as nerdy as possible, so that instead of partying out in NYC on a Friday night, he's studying film. At home. Alone.

Or to have hands as small as possible so that the girls have an obvious tell to stay away.

Looking it up on wikipedia?

What the hell are you talking about? They taped other teams and the league thought it was so bad that they had to destroy the tape for fear that someone would see them. We will never know the full extent of what they did but we do know that it was so bad that the tapes had to be destroyed. There is nothing else to know.

Trasher

Lions receiver Nate Burleson will need surgery to repair his fractured leg, according to Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press, and could need up to eight months to recover.

8 months?! Jesus. Time to retire I think Nate.

Dragon

Banned
What the hell are you talking about? They taped other teams and the league thought it was so bad that they had to destroy the tape for fear that someone would see them. We will never know the full extent of what they did but we do know that it was so bad that the tapes had to be destroyed. There is nothing else to know.

All I see is salt mixed with Donovan McNabb's bile.

All I see is salt mixed with Donovan McNabb's bile.

Thats fine all I see is a team that hasnt been able to win a SB since they lost their cameras. There is no bigger proof of just how big a deal their cheating was then the fact that they havent won shit since they lost the cameras.

Dragon

Banned
Thats fine all I see is a team that hasnt been able to win a SB since they lost their cameras. There is no bigger proof of just how big a deal their cheating was then the fact that they havent won shit since they lost the cameras.

You're a tool. The Patriots have made two SBs since then and barely lost both times. It's a combination of luck and poorer defense in both SBs.

squicken

I was listening to ESPN's betting podcast, don't know the exact name of it, but some interesting numbers. For Thursday games:

Home favorites are winning more than 80% of games straight up over the past few years

Home favorites getting more than 6 have never lost since I want to say 2000

The context was that the point spread was worthless but making money line plays was like free money. I kind of think it's such a huge competitive advantage that the league will have to tweak the format, especially with the Rooneys losing.

Yes cameras made Jon Kasay kick the ball out of bounds. You're smrt.

Clearly the fact that they got 1 break for them in a SB explains why they were undefeated in 3 SBs before the league caught them cheating, and have gone 7 years without winning a SB since they were caught cheating. It was all Kasay.

Some info on the adjustments the Cowboys will make with Lee on IR:

http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.co...s-defense-with-lee-out-ernie-sims-in-mix.html

Among the primary ramifications of today’s announcement by the Dallas Cowboys to place inside linebacker Sean Lee, the team’s leading tackler, on the injured reserve list and sign veteran LB Ernie Sims, are these:

-More playing time for Dan Connor, a starter last season for Carolina who was signed during the off-season as a free agent. Connor has played more at MLB in his career but will take over Lee’s WLB spot in the 3-4.

-Primary play-calling duties at linebacker to second-year player Bruce Carter, although Connor “will contribute to that,” said coach Jason Garrett.

-Probably more playing time for Alex Albright, who has been trained at both ILB and OLB, in the Cowboys’ defense. But Albright is a special-teams standout. Garrett said his snaps on defense will be determined by how quickly Sims, 27, adjusts to the Cowboys’ defense.

Some info on the Sims pickup and what they plan to do with him as well going into Sunday's divisional match-up with the Giants.

Top Bottom