• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 8 |OT| Take A Chill Pill

I bet you would all jump ship from the Pack at the drop of a hat too. Probably become Bears or Pats fans.

I know you are just trolling but no one gives two fucks about the bucks in Wisconsin. Seriously. It's hard to find Bucks gear even in Milwaukee! Go into any sporting goods store and its a wall of Packers/Badgers gear with the brewers shit in the back. Maybe a bucks jersey or two!

Most everyone grew up watching the Packers and thats why they are Packers fans(except that traitor MrBob!). Maybe if my dad watched basketball(since he had control of the TV) or watched the bucks i would be a bucks fan... but like i said, no one in Wisconsin gives a fuck about them!

squicken

I still don't understand how money lines work.

You are simply betting on who wins rather than giving or taking points. There's no point spread on a money line. You just make less money if you bet on the favorite

Gambling can be fun but lots of people can't handle it. I'd argue it's just as stupid to day trade the stock market as it is to gamble. I don't gamble unless I'm in Vegas, but the theory involved in wagering is interesting to me

eznark

Banned
I know you are just trolling but no one gives two fucks about the bucks in Wisconsin. Seriously. It's hard to find Bucks gear even in Milwaukee! Go into any sporting goods store and its a wall of Packers/Badgers gear with the brewers shit in the back. Maybe a bucks jersey or two!

Most everyone grew up watching the Packers and thats why they are Packers fans(except that traitor MrBob!). Maybe if my dad watched basketball(since he had control of the TV) or watched the bucks i would be a bucks fan... but like i said, no one in Wisconsin gives a fuck about them!

When is the last time you were in Wisconsin? Brewers regularly drawing 3m per year now, biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch

The truest thing you have said since Belichick is a genius.

The Patriots won those three games by nine points combined. Of course luck played a huge part of that. Just like luck played a part in them losing the two since. Dismissing that and solely concentrating on the cameras is dumb, even for a Philly fan.

Luck has nothing to do with Eli/Coughlin owning your ass.

When is the last time you were in Wisconsin? Brewers regularly drawing 3m per year now, biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch

A couple of days ago. Got back to shitty ass Arkansas on sunday :/

The season is over so that probably explains the lack of Brewers merch... I went to Bayshore and Mayfair and there was barely any Brewers shit at all. Practically zero Bucks merch which is even more telling being as the season is about to kick off!

effzee

Eagles update:

I can't imagine how someone recovers from two achilles tears in the amount of time he's had. Again, the Eagles would do well not to rush him back and risk even further injury.

I don't want to rush him back man if he could somehow be back without any further risk it would be such a boost for the team. Though by the time he even would be able to come back (4-5 weeks down the road) the team might be around 4-6 and almost out of contention.

Vick doesn't help out the line either in how horribly he picks up and reacts to the blitz.

I have not seen every snap he has played this year, but man everytime a team sends a blitz he seems to take off running instead of keeping his eyes downfield. The Eagles used to be great at setting up screens to the RB to slow it down and they have a perfect back for that in McCoy, but I don't see the Eagles do that for whatever reason. In fact their screen game kind of sucks now.

Reid doesn't seem to give a fuck anymore and the word seems to be out on Vick on how to stop him on D.

Reid can't hold's Vick hand and guide him to be better against the blitz. But of course Reid could take some of the pressure off by running the ball more, calling shorter quicker release passes (which they did against the Giants to great success), and stop calling stupid plays like play action pass on a third and long.

Vick panics more now than I have ever seen him before and I bet its because he is so preoccupied about fumbling or throwing a pick. Its why I think he should just play his game and stop thinking so much. All I ask him to do is slide and or go out bounds.

But yeah the line does suck. Even when there is no blitz there is immediate pressure up the middle on almost every play.

They are bottom 5 in pass pro but grade out very well in run blocking.

LOL too bad we don't run the ball. I remember all those years with Westbrook all I ever heard was that we had a monster line built to just run the ball down people's throat.

Oh man. Oh fuck.

bionic77

The truest thing you have said since Belichick is a genius.
Show me the evidence because I never remember calling him a genius.

I remember calling him a dickless, cheating asshole who wrecks homes and gets off on fucking happily married women (usually with small children). The only compliment I ever recall giving him was saying that he was one of the better dressed hobo's I had seen on the East Coast (he doesn't have shit on the west coast homeless though). I also remember openly wishing for something horrible to happen to him and for it to be caught on one of the cameras he used to spy on other teams. But calling him a genius? Nope, don't remember that at all.

Gooster said:
Baas and Bradshaw not practicing today. Travis Beckum is, however, with that 3 week PUP window.
Cordle and Boothe taking reps at Center. Coughlin noted during his press conference that if Baas can't go, Boothe would slide in at Center and Diehl would play Guard (UGH UGH UGH).

The offensive line finally gets some continuity and plays well and of course an injury would fuck that up. I live for the fucking day when David Diehl is no longer in a Giants uniform.

Nope, just left Fayetteville and moved to Irving! You were from Little Rock right?

You moved to TX... good man! Though Fayetteville is prolly a lot better than little rock.

Yeah i am still in Little Rock till december then my ass is leaving this god forsaken state and never coming back. (moving to H-town!)

Rorschach

I'm offended by this post. You're being too insular.

there were a lot of Bears fans living in Milwaukee when I was a kid in the pre-Favre/Majowski era because of that Super Bowl win, it was disgusting

See, I was right about one of the teams, Bionic!

People said the same thing about the iPad as well.
Well the original iPad was a new product, that's to be expected.
But this little fucker doesn't even have a retina display. It's not only older tech but it's in a smaller box to boot.

$300 would have been better but dat greed.

cajunator

Banned
You moved to TX... good man! Though Fayetteville is prolly a lot better than little rock.

Yeah i am still in Little Rock till december then my ass is leaving this god forsaken state and never coming back. (moving to H-town!)

What's wrong with Arkansas? Its a beautiful state. At least northern Arkansas is.

@JennyVrentas: Redskins' DeAngelo Hall on Eli's 77-yard TD to Cruz via @JohnKeim: "I don’t feel like he made that play. I feel we gave him that play." #nyg

I just want to thank the Redskins and NFL for giving the Giants the win! SOOO much generosity. Such amazing heart these players have to keep on losing on our behalf.

The Patriots won those three games by nine points combined. Of course luck played a huge part of that. Just like luck played a part in them losing the two since. Dismissing that and solely concentrating on the cameras is dumb, even for a Philly fan.

Couldn't agree more. I hope Brady gets another ring while he is with the Pats.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
What's wrong with Arkansas? Its a beautiful state. At least northern Arkansas is.

Little Rock is not Northwest Arkansas. It's likely one of the most dangerous cities in the country. It's a dump, War Memorial Stadium is a dump (despite the Razorbacks having to play a few games a year there), the whole city is a dump.

Supposedly Hot Springs to the south of Little Rock is decent but Rogers/Bentonville/Springdale/Fayetteville > Little Rock any day of the week.

bionic77

Well the original iPad was a new product, that's to be expected.
But this little fucker doesn't even have a retina display. It's not only older tech but it's in a smaller box to boot.

$300 would have been better but dat greed.
Cheaper is always better but Apple makes a profit on their hardware. Google and Amazon sell at a loss or at cost because they just want to get you into their ecosystem.

I think there will be room for all 3. Google for the nerds and virgins, Kindle for the poors, and iPads for the rich and beautiful.

And the smart people (like myself) will continue to use the best combo of an Air/ultrabook plus smartphone.

effzee

I just want to thank the Redskins and NFL for giving the Giants the win! SOOO much generosity. Such amazing heart these players have to keep on losing on our behalf.

Oh cmon get over it. Players say this dumb shit all the time. Its what keeps them going. Its part of the confidence.

And honestly looking at the play they did have double coverage called on him yet they just let him run by. If anything Eli made that play not even seeing it since he had a lineman in his face.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
what?
Every state has natural beauty in it. Some more than others. northern Arkansas is absolutely beautiful. I went canoeing on the buffalo River. Its gorgeous.

That is definitely a great experience. I'm not even an outdoors type and I loved it.

what?
Every state has natural beauty in it. Some more than others. northern Arkansas is absolutely beautiful. I went canoeing on the buffalo River. Its gorgeous.

I lived in Alaska for 4 years and i just moved here from Germany. I am not impressed!

I will check out the buffalo river though - thanks for the heads up!

Little Rock is not Northwest Arkansas. It's likely one of the most dangerous cities in the country. It's a dump, War Memorial Stadium is a dump (despite the Razorbacks having to play a few games a year there), the whole city is a dump.

Supposedly Hot Springs to the south of Little Rock is decent but Rogers/Bentonville/Springdale/Fayetteville > Little Rock any day of the week.

Pretty much. This whole area is garbo. Maumelle and West Little Rock are best areas but even they are just decent. Hot springs is alright too...

cajunator

Banned
Also, Fort Smith seems like a better place to live in Arkansas than Little rock.
I also recall Oklahoma having some really beautiful areas.
Honestly though Louisiana is a pretty fun place to live in. I suppose if you have to live in a huge city its not the best since NOLA is the largest and barely has a metro of 1.5 million, but America is pretty much a huge suburb at this point and its really no different around here. I don't particularly like the suburbs though.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I lived in Alaska for 4 years and i just moved here from Germany. I am not impressed!

I will check out the buffalo river though - thanks for the heads up!

Okay yeah, I can see why you would be disappointed. Arkansas is the prettiest state between the Appalachians and the Rockies.

Also, Fort Smith seems like a better place to live in Arkansas than Little rock.
Honestly though Louisiana is a pretty fun place to live in. I suppose if you have to live in a huge city its not the best since NOLA is the largest and barely has a metro of 1.5 million, but America is pretty much a huge suburb at this point and its really no different around here. I don't particularly like the suburbs though.

Fort Smith is a hole as well. It's just a dying factory town that people are trying to leave. Infinitely safer than Little Rock though!

Oklahoma has some good parts. It's like a less pretentious Texas.

Fort Smith is probably better than Little Rock. Seems everywhere else is better than Little Rock lol

I've never checked out OK... i only even drive straight through that state on their superbly awesome toll road. Doing 90+mph and not giving a fuck.

Okay yeah, I can see why you would be disappointed. Arkansas is the prettiest state between the Appalachians and the Rockies.

I'm certainly going to have to check out Northern Arkansas... googling buffalo river stuff and it looks pretty neat.

cajunator

Banned

Fort Smith is a hole as well. It's just a dying factory town that people are trying to leave. Infinitely safer than Little Rock though!

Oklahoma has some good parts. It's like a less pretentious Texas.

I like to fish a lot so living next to a giant swamp is pretty ideal. What really keeps me in Louisiana though is more the people and culture. I haven't found anywhere else remotely like it. I like to visit large cities, but all the public transport and just the huge concentration of people would drive me crazy. Too crowded, too dirty, and too rude. Even NOLA seems too large and crowded for me. I like this little city of 122k I live in now and while its no Austin, its sort of the equivalent as far as this state goes.

effzee said:
Oh cmon get over it. Players say this dumb shit all the time. Its what keeps them going. Its part of the confidence.
I'll make you a deal. As soon as you get over your 10 paragraph dissertations on how much you dislike Andy Reid, I'll get over my own pet peeve of athletes breaking out dumbshit excuses when they lose a game.;)

That goes for Giants players as well as I've shit on Antrel Rolle in the past for breaking out the "Nah it was nothing they did, we just didn't play Giants football". No, you got beat. Give credit where it's due or shut up.

It's a small thing, sure but it's one of the few things that generally irks me when these guys open their mouths.

cajunator

Banned
Also I have been whitewater rafting on the Nolichucky river between Tennessee and South Carolina. Check out that area as well.
I miss all my camping/outdoors days. now I'm stuck working most of the time.
I've never been to the west coast, Midwest or New england though.
Been as far west as colorado, missouri, and as far northeast as Baltimore. That's the extent though.

effzee

I'll make you a deal. As soon as you get over your 10 paragraph dissertations on how much you dislike Andy Reid, I'll get over my own pet peeve of athletes breaking out dumbshit excuses when they lose a game.;)

That goes for Giants players as well as I've shit on Antrel Rolle in the past for breaking out the "Nah it was nothing they did, we just didn't play Giants football". No, you got beat. Give credit where it's due or shut up.

It's a small thing, sure but it's one of the few things that generally irks me when these guys open their mouths.

NO DEAL!

I just see it as a larger woe is me no ever sides with us the world is against they disrespect us no one thinks we can win Giants mentality.

mr2xxx

Banned

Lets pull up last years transcripts when we smacked you guys around, same shit happened so don't feign outrage. Majority of these players have fragile egos, d-hall and some of your d-lineman being great examples.

I just see it as a larger woe is me no ever sides with us the world is against they disrespect us no one thinks we can win Giants mentality.
Meh. I've called out players in this thread who've done it who haven't played the Giants. It's a general pet peeve. You should know by now, I prefer it when the Giants don't get any headlines or "respect" as it were. The results are usually better.;)

mr2xxx said:
Lets pull up last years transcripts when we smacked you guys around, same shit happened so don't feign outrage.
You should learn to read.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=43557536&postcount=936

That Rolle comment was after the Skins game and I also gave him shit for the whole "we play that team 100 times, we win 99 of them" comment (Giants proceed to get swept by the Skins) which was just as stupid.

mr2xxx

Banned
Lol I was already finishing up my comment before you posted your little retraction. I'm on my phone not exactly the quickest way to write.

tmdorsey

You are simply betting on who wins rather than giving or taking points. There's no point spread on a money line. You just make less money if you bet on the favorite

Gambling can be fun but lots of people can't handle it. I'd argue it's just as stupid to day trade the stock market as it is to gamble. I don't gamble unless I'm in Vegas, but the theory involved in wagering is interesting to me

Ok, so what does the -110 mean in this case:

Code:
Atlanta 47o -110
Philadelphia -2.5 -110

And I agree wholeheartedly on your comment about gambling and like you I only gamble when I'm in Vegas.

mr2xxx said:
Lol I was already finishing up my comment before you posted your little retraction. I'm on my phone not exactly the quickest way to write.
It's all good.

I'll gladly admit it's a small issue that irks me more than it should. ;)

LevelNth

Banned
Meh, he's not wrong IMO. The Skins were the better team Sunday and consistently played better, despite losing the turnover battle.

It was a wunderkind of insanely ridiculous blown coverage that lost that game, unfortunately so that seems to only be possible by the secondary of the Skins. That team would probably win the East if not for that backfield.

cajunator

Banned
I wish the Saints could get a pass rush. Even sometimes. Every single pass rusher brought onboard has been a bust. Its pretty amazing.
The team makes so many hits on offense but cant draft defense to save its life.

mr2xxx

Banned
It's all good.

I'll gladly admit it's a small issue that irks me more than it should. ;)

No sweat man, can't get shit like this get to you cause you will be pissed every week. I'm sure the Pats are still saying you guys got lucky twice and don't deserve any rings.

bionic77

Which stats?

Nfl.com won't let me rank by points against :/
These are NFL stats.

Saw this on the NFL blog thing on ESPN for the guy covering the AFC North.

I really don't understand the stats because we have looked like shit in every aspect (with the exception of Ben, who has been playing really well this year).

Top Bottom