• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 8 |OT| Take A Chill Pill

LiveWire

What issue did you have that made you go to doctor to get check out if you don't mind me asking?

I just ignored a lump thinking it was sports-injury related or just something that would go away, lol. Incredibly stupid in hindsight, and I'm very fortunate to be here now.

LiveWire

He'd have to be an absolute moron to play it the way he did if his assignment was to stay over the top. He's on the ~36 yard line, feet not moving, with outside leverage. Williams is practically lined up at the numbers, that's not how you stay over the top on the slot receiver. It has to be the call, just doesn't make sense though I'm no expert.

Well if that's the case (and watching the play over and over again, it very well could be) then it's Wilson's fault. Not the first time he's been poor in man coverage, won't be the last either. :/

bionic77

Lost an uncle to cancer, and my 8 year old cousin is currently in chemo. Awful disease.
Seeing kids with cancer is the worst.

I have seen kids celebrating their birthdays and other holidays (I saw a really young girl celebrating her batzmitvah in a hospital bed) in the hospital and it always kills me.

Yep. The offense is very hard to stop right now. Team should be 5-2, 6-1. That the Skins are 3-4 with no reliable #1/#2 receiver, no pass rush, a below average punter, a failed kicker, and no secondary is even more amazing quite frankly. While I imagine the wheels are going to completely fall off soon and we'll end up around the same record as last year, if we manage to get to 8-8, or even 9-7, I can't see how RG3 doesn't get MVP, playoff spot or not. Without him this is a 3-13 team or worse.

I was (and really still aren't) a fan of Jim Haslett, and granted the defense hasn't been all that great this season, but I have to give him props on keeping shit together enough to keep us in games with Carriker and Orakpo out. Kerrigan showing flashes of beasting is nice to see too. Hopefully he carries this over to next season when those guys are healthy.

bionic77

Is a 55 inch Panasonic Viera plasma for $699 a good deal?
Depends highly on the specs of the tv.

The brand alone does not mean it is a good television.

Go to the avsforum and read about the particular model and you will learn more than you ever wanted to know about that and every other television.

cajunator

Banned
Im looking for a Tv about 40-50 inches as well. Have no idea what brands/models are good anymore.
Also how hard is it to disable motionsense or whatever they call that high framerate effect that makes movies look live action? I hate it.

Novid

Banned
I heard nothing but good things from the kuro class from Panny. Sadly they stop making them, however im not sure if the Viera is even close to the Kuro's. (as an aside, they should really consider some sort of cooling system for the Plasma's)

bionic77

I heard nothing but good things from the kuro class from Panny. Sadly they stop making them, however im not sure if the Viera is even close to the Kuro's.

I love both of my 46" Panasonic Vieras. It all comes down to the features you want/need on that individual set.

eznark

Banned
I heard nothing but good things from the kuro class from Panny. Sadly they stop making them, however im not sure if the Viera is even close to the Kuro's. (as an aside, they should really consider some sort of cooling system for the Plasma's)

I have a 60" kuro and it's fucking incredible. It was the sole decorating choice I made when we built this house. I'm getting ready to retire it to the basement though. I need to spend more time down there anyway!

LiveWire

I was (and really still aren't) a fan of Jim Haslett, and granted the defense hasn't been all that great this season, but I have to give him props on keeping shit together enough to keep us in games with Carriker and Orakpo out. Kerrigan showing flashes of beasting is nice to see too. Hopefully he carries this over to next season when those guys are healthy.

The defense was having these problems even with a healthy Carriker and Orakpo. Truthfully our secondary giving up backbreaking passing plays in games has been a routine feature since 2007. You could perhaps make an argument things would be better if Brandon Meriweather was playing, but even then...

Dragon

Banned

By all accounts the Kuros are still unmatched even three years later.

My plasma doesn't get hot, have there been problems with overheating?

Lions update:

ProFootballTalk @ProFootballTalk

Lions officially place Burleson on IR, sign Brian Robiskie

Alligatorjandro said:
m pretty sure its this one.Its an open box at Best Buy.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Panasoni...72#tab=reviews
Yes, that's a good deal. ST50's are nice.

Dragon said:
By all accounts the Kuros are still unmatched even three years later.
Black level? Yes. The Pioneer Elite Kuros are still unmatched along with many other categories. Sharp has take on the Elite brand with their Elite LCD's which have some pretty incredible black levels of their own but fall short of the Pioneer Plasma.

I have the Panasonic VT50 and it's pretty fucking incredible in its own right for far less of a price point than Sharp's LCD's (with pretty close black levels). If you have $2k to spend, the VT50 is where you should be putting that money today if you want a pretty fucking amazing TV, IMO.

bionic77

I actually know people who have paid geek squad to come and set up their router.

:lol

On one hand they are idiots with technology, but on the other hand I am always happy that I did not have to waste my time and do it for them. This is one of the big reasons I always recommend Apple products to tech idiots. In my experience it ends up saving me a shit load of time.

VR2ed.jpg

I have a 60" kuro and it's fucking incredible. It was the sole decorating choice I made when we built this house. I'm getting ready to retire it to the basement though. I need to spend more time down there anyway!

I have a 55" Sony DLP in our living room. I'm hoping we'll get to redo the room in a couple of years after my wife gets her Masters and I'll get to upgrade the TV.

eznark

Banned
I actually know people who have paid geek squad to come and set up their router.

On one hand they are idiots with technology, but on the other hand I am always happy that I did not have to waste my time and do it for them. This is one of the big reasons I always recommend Apple products to tech idiots. In my experience it ends up saving me a shit load of time.

I actually wish I had had a TV expert come out to perfectly tune my TV, but there was no one within any reasonable distance to me. I used one of the blu-ray systems but I still think it could somehow look better.

Dragon

Banned

I flew home and installed my mom's new computer because she was going to call Geek Squad. It actually was cheaper for me to fly from Charlotte -> Bahstin than to call Geek Squad out to plug in five or six cords/wires. I was amazed at what they charge for that stuff.

bionic77

I actually wish I had had a TV expert come out to perfectly tune my TV, but there was no one within any reasonable distance to me. I used one of the blu-ray systems but I still think it could somehow look better.
I think you are better off not doing it.

Look at the nerds on gaming side who have different settings for every different system with different light and all sorts of shit. I can't imagine that is a healthy way to live.

Just do what I do. Turn the brightness and sharpness to max!

The defense was having these problems even with a healthy Carriker and Orakpo. Truthfully our secondary giving up backbreaking passing plays in games has been a routine feature since 2007. You could perhaps make an argument things would be better if Brandon Meriweather was playing, but even then...

I'd have kept Landry and Rogers personally.

Smokey

Snakes all the time. Alligators often. Swamps are pretty badass but honestly when you go out there early morning while its still cool and just go to the middle of the lake, it can be absolutely beautiful. Although this is morel ike a sunset sort of picture.
9ftPi.jpg

Couldn't be me mane. That's why I couldn't live there bruh. Too many reptiles.

eznark

Banned
I have had this thing for 5 years now, just replaced the bulb this year. Trying to talk my wife into making a big electronic purchase is like pulling teeth!

I have a truck and the new xbox to buy next year so I'm in no rush to start that crusade either.

Just don't ask! You seem like a normal dude, you wife isn't going to leave you over a new TV. She'll get over it in a day and you'll have a new TV for years!

mr2xxx

Banned

Our secondary has never been this bad though, we are on record to give up the most passing yards ever in the NFL. We were a middle of the road defense for awhile now but never this bad. We will have Tanard Jackson next year and Merriweatherat some point this year so at least we have upgrades in place. They might not be good but much better than Williams and Doughty or whoever has been playing SS.

Haha that's true.

Just don't ask! You seem like a normal dude, you wife isn't going to leave you over a new TV. She'll get over it in a day and you'll have a new TV for years!

I've done that enough! I need to at least wait a year. :jnc

"Where'd that PS3 come from?"

"It was on sale, dammit!"

Also about to order a new computer soon, so yea. I use the 46" Panny more anyway, its in the game room. :D

eznark

Banned
Easier to apologize than to aske permission. Bedrock of a stable marriage.

Ha! My wife gives no fucks about how I spend money so I get to talk a big game.

I did hang the elk I shot last year on the wall when she was 7 months pregnant though so there was no way her and her mom/sister could get it down without my help! After 4 months or so she's now used to it, and doesn't complain. It was the perfect plan!

Top Bottom