• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 8 |OT| Take A Chill Pill

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
224487_10151125308827kioo2.jpg

Mrbob

LOL this is a joke right? Wasn't the whole world, including Bears teammates, calling out Cutler about a month ago for his immature angry act?

Moon compared him to Cutler simply to point out that the automatic comparison for Cam shouldn't be VY, unless of course you want to lump all black QBs into one category separate from the bitchy whiny QBs white QBs might belong to.

And lol comparing Cam in year 2 to Cutler as a veteran. Plus I don't see Cam caring about what the media says, just that he doesn't know how to handles losses.

Jay Cutler gets called the modern day Jeff George all the time. Cam gets shit on because he acts like a whiny bitch who throws his team under the bus on a weekly basis. It has nothing to do with race. RG3 will never get dumped on by the media because he is mentally stable and he won't say the same stupid things Cam does.

So Greg Jennings clearly won't be back until after the bye. This team is really hit by injuries pretty badly. As long as Rodgers continues to be Rodgers we'll be good. This is a better time than the end of the year for injuries but it's still concerning.

Yeah yeah, Blue Moon. But it's really good.

KaYotiX

Banned
Damn. Just read the scorcho thread and it really got to me. What a shame. Everyone has their stories about people they know and love with cancer so I'll spare you mine. I'll just add my voice to the chorus and say fuck cancer.

And shit, the thought of not being able to purchase a TV because of a spouse makes me sick. That's the first thing I'm asking from now on.

Yes cancer sucks lost a relative to it also
, and I'm glad my wife loves tech as much as me. She wanted the 80" tv and of course I never thought a second about it lol

Bread

Banned
yuck

not a fan of the fall seasonal, too much spice flavor. can't wait for winter beers to come out, i miss my winter warmer.

i now realize how much i contradicted myself with those sentences.

winter lager is good too.

So Greg Jennings clearly won't be back until after the bye. This team is really hit by injuries pretty badly. As long as Rodgers continues to be Rodgers we'll be good. This is a better time than the end of the year for injuries but it's still concerning.
It would be dumb for them to bring Jennings back until after the bye, I don't know why they even thought about it.

Jigs and Cards? lulz

effzee

It would be dumb for them to bring Jennings back until after the bye, I don't know why they even thought about it.

Jigs and Cards? lulz

BUT THINK OF MY FANTASY TEAM!

Jay Cutler gets called the modern day Jeff George all the time. Cam gets shit on because he acts like a whiny bitch who throws his team under the bus on a weekly basis. It has nothing to do with race. RG3 will never get dumped on by the media because he is mentally stable and he won't say the same stupid things Cam does.

None of what you said addresses what I said or what Warren Moon said.

But um ok.

Also Cam threw everyone including himself under the bus. It does have to do with race when the first QB Cam's gets compared to is VY of all people.

Falcons GAF educate me on your team. I haven't seen a single full game so what are their weaknesses? How is Asante holding up? Why have some of the games with lesser teams been such close down to the wire affairs?

Fox318

Needs a orange slice.

mr2xxx

Banned
So I checked Matt Bowen's section on NFP to see if he broke down the Cruz play against the Skins, and he did. Check it out here.

Knew it was Cover 7, should have said so but I wasn't sure if the term was correct because I think coordinators vary up the terms. I know for a fact Buddy Ryan called it Cover 7, it's where I first read about it.

Not sure if if i follow his logic:

"Outside of the 3-step game, every route breaks at a depth of 12-15 yards. From a defensive perspective, if the WR doesn’t drop his hips at that depth he is going down the field. Open your hips and get on top of the route."

"I have no issue with the coverage. In a two-minute situation, taking away Cruz is a smart idea. However, as a DB you can never assume (or guess) the route scheme. And there is no excuse to giving up a TD when you have two DBs bracketing a WR in the slot."

He doesn't blame the coverage but says that as a DB you should assume he is going deep if he doesn't break off his route early but also states a DB shouldn't assume a route. IT seems that in this case the DB, most likely Williams should of read the receivers body language and assumed he was going deep. So is it the coaches fault for putting Williams in a spot where he couldn't react to Victor fast enough due to his speed, or Williams fault for just not reacting fast enough mentally?

LJ11

Not sure if if i follow his logic:

"Outside of the 3-step game, every route breaks at a depth of 12-15 yards. From a defensive perspective, if the WR doesn’t drop his hips at that depth he is going down the field. Open your hips and get on top of the route."

"I have no issue with the coverage. In a two-minute situation, taking away Cruz is a smart idea. However, as a DB you can never assume (or guess) the route scheme. And there is no excuse to giving up a TD when you have two DBs bracketing a WR in the slot."

He doesn't blame the coverage but says that as a DB you should assume he is going deep if he doesn't break off his route early but also states a DB shouldn't assume a route. IT seems that in this case the DB, most likely Williams should of read the receivers body language and assumed he was going deep. So is it the coaches fault for putting Williams in a spot where he couldn't react to Victor fast enough do to his speed, or Williams fault for just not reacting fast enough mentally?

From my perspective it's a little bit of both. It's a good coverage call if your safety can play the outside route and manage to stay over the top even though the receiver gets a clean release off the line. How many safeties can do that when matched up against an athlete like Cruz?

Williams didn't turn to run when he should have, he was flat footed around the 36 and by the time he got going Cruz was gone.

Think you can put some of the blame on both parties, but Cruz is a very good athlete who isn't a one trick pony and those types of receivers cause chaos.

mr2xxx

Banned
I don't particularly like him either. And every time he does his Superman pose I wish someone decks him.

But I do get where Moon is coming from.

Is it racist to compare athletes to only ones of the same skin color or is it just lazy? Rg3 gets the same shit from idiotic fans whenever they claim he will be the next Vick, Young and so forth so yeah it does get annoying since no one compares his arm to anyone worth while. I'm will say that these comparisons are mostly lazy with some minority of people are just racist.

mr2xxx

Banned
From my perspective it's a little bit of both. It's a good coverage call if your safety can play the outside route and manage to stay over the top even though the receiver gets a clean release off the line. How many safeties can do that when matched up against an athlete like Cruz?

Williams didn't turn to run when he should have, he was flat footed around the 36 and by the time he got going Cruz was gone.

Think you can put some of the blame on both parties, but Cruz is a very good athlete who isn't a one trick pony and those types of receivers cause chaos.

But as coach you gotta pick your poison and he he picked the wrong one. Williams hasn't proved to be reliable in the past 6 games so why put him in this spot now?

BUT THINK OF MY FANTASY TEAM!

None of what you said addresses what I said or what Warren Moon said.

But um ok.

Also Cam threw everyone including himself under the bus. It does have to do with race when the first QB Cam's gets compared to is VY of all people.

Falcons GAF educate me on your team. I haven't seen a single full game so what are their weaknesses? How is Asante holding up? Why have some of the games with lesser teams been such close down to the wire affairs?

but moon presents it as if cam is being unfairly judged because he's black. it's not racially motivated is the point most people are making. when a white WR comes into the league and they say "wow he reminds me a lot of a young wes welker!" or when a white lineman is out there he's "got a high motor and he's scrappy like justin smith!"

i just don't consider comparing a white guy to another white guy and a black guy to another black guy racist. it might be stupid (and hilarious!) but it's not racism

effzee

Is it racist to compare athletes to only ones of the same skin color or is it just lazy? Rg3 gets the same shit from idiotic fans whenever they claim he will be the next Vick, Young and so forth so yeah it does get annoying since no one compares his arm to anyone worth while. I'm will say that these comparisons are mostly lazy with some minority of people are just racist.

Fair enough.

Though I think to someone like Moon or even the black QBs playing today it must be infuriating.

Talon

Anyone of you clowns that I like have a need for a DotA 2 beta code?

Also, does anyone here happen to have one of those XBox 360 data transfer cables?

effzee

but moon presents it as if cam is being unfairly judged because he's black. it's not racially motivated is the point most people are making. when a white WR comes into the league and they say "wow he reminds me a lot of a young wes welker!" or when a white lineman is out there he's "got a high motor and he's scrappy like justin smith!"

i just don't consider comparing a white guy to another white guy and a black guy to another black guy racist. it might be stupid (and hilarious!) but it's not racism

How often do we hear about a white WR being compared to Welker? Seriously now?

I read it more as Moon felt Cam deserved some of the shots he has taken, needs to improve his demeanor, footwork, and attitude but he was irritated that he was automatically compared to VY. In fact he further went on to criticize Cam and said he needs to be more like Wilson.

And just as I said in my previous post, it sure might not be racist but its lazy and stupid. I heard tons of it as an Eagles fan with Cunningham, McNabb, and now Vick. Not everyone who mentions something about is racist but there some undertones that sometimes are hard to overlook.

Striker

It's ESPN but that's our own fault for listening. They do that shit all the time when a white receiver is drafted. Even when Eric Decker got it they were bringing up Welker, and they're nothing alike.

It's ESPN but that's our own fault for listening. They do that shit all the time when a white receiver is drafted. Even when Eric Decker got it they were bringing up Welker, and they're nothing alike.

that's my point. how often does a white WR get compared to welker? anytime a white WR comes into the league. i watched some of the cards/dolphins game and once hartline started tearing it up here comes the wes welker comparisons. nothing racist about it just like there is nothing racist about cam/VY (two head cases) being compared

mr2xxx

Banned
Fair enough.

Though I think to someone like Moon or even the black QBs playing today it must be infuriating.

You also gotta remember that when Moon played in Houston of all places,he probably had it 1000 times worse than any black QB today so that will make him much more sensitive to these type of comments. It's a great discussion to have that has merit but I'm not sure he should be having this discussion right now with Cam being the focus and all the shit he is dealing with already.

- We can't run the ball
- We can't stop the run
- Offense looks anemic at times despite having arguably one of the best receiving corps in the league.

It isn't good.

Top Bottom