• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 8 |OT| Take A Chill Pill

bionic77

Easier to apologize than to aske permission. Bedrock of a stable marriage.
Girls can spend more money on shit than us. Once they start buying designer clothes, shoes and bags it is over. You buy a new tv every 10 years and they cost 1-2,000 usually depending on your budget. You can spend 2k on just 2 outfits at Bloomingdales. And that doesn't even include the insanity that is jewelry or furniture.

I would be careful before starting a game of look what I bought without talking about it with your wife.

Much easier to have one of your friends or even better friends gf/wife come over and tell your wife what total garbage your tv is. Preferably from a woman she does not like. I guarantee you that your wife will want to buy you a 70" monster HDTV within a week!

cajunator

Banned

This is pretty much bullshit.

Couldn't be me mane. That's why I couldn't live there bruh. Too many reptiles.

Not many people live IN the swamp. The Atchafalaya is about 15 minutes away on the interstate. Lafayette is on higher land that doesnt flood if levees were to break to the East.
We actually havent had a single instance of an alligator in the city as far as I know (the university actually has a miniature swamp in it with alligators but thats intentional) although water moccasins are occasionally seen on the outskirts of the city. Its pretty much a typical middle sized urban environment that happens to be on the edge of a swamp. There is nothing "third world" about the city itself with the high speed fiber network, high tech industry, plenty of wealthy people, and all that hipster shit here. There is a lack of skyscrapers though.
Its definitely in the south, but in the city you probably wouldnt necessarily feel that way.

LiveWire

I'd have kept Landry and Rogers personally.

Rogers (after getting contact lenses,
don't get me started on THAT FUCKING STORY
) yes, Landry, no.

Our secondary has never been this bad though, we are on record to give up the most passing yards ever in the NFL. We were a middle of the road defense for awhile now but never this bad. We will have Tanard Jackson next year and Merriweatherat some point this year so at least we have upgrades in place. They might not be good but much better than Williams and Doughty or whoever has been playing SS.

Perhaps not, but it's been getting worse over time under Haslett's reign.

cajunator

Banned
) yes, Landry, no.

Wait...you guys hired Jim Haslett? Ex-Saints Jim fucking Haslett?
what the hell was your GM thinking?

cajunator

Banned
Also yes Bionic is one of my favorite nflgaf posters. the way he collides, explosively, with eznark is some of the best member chemistry on this entire forum.

mr2xxx

Banned
And fuck Carlos for never getting his eyes checked, one of our players told him to but he didn't want to wear glasses. Dumbass there are contacts for that which you eventually figured out. Yeah we could of used a 20/20 rogers here and not the stonehands he was with us.

Damn. Just read the scorcho thread and it really got to me. What a shame. Everyone has their stories about people they know and love with cancer so I'll spare you mine. I'll just add my voice to the chorus and say fuck cancer.

And shit, the thought of not being able to purchase a TV because of a spouse makes me sick. That's the first thing I'm asking from now on.

Mrbob

Crazy guy on B & B? Damn I missed it! I'm sure they'll play sound bites over and over!

I like how Moon is quick to try and deflect things towards Cutler. Easy target. Pathetic.

By the Moon check this out:

Cutler as a starter for the Bears: 22-9

Scam as Panthers starter: 7-15

For all the Cutler bashing, his teammates don't have a problem with him. It's sad that Cam needs Moon to be his shield and protector. Jay just doesn't give a fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkk. Maybe Cam should adopt this attitude as well and not worry about what the media says.

M.O.O.N....
that spells reaching.

tom_cullen.jpg

Why only the first 4 weeks on kolb? Did he not play in the 5th game? Or the 6th?

Levi brown is trash. And now we are counting games where someone is dinged up as injuries? Zomfg how is the 49ers D so good when half our guys have been dinged up most of the season!? How!

Cardinals aren't a good team top to bottom. The facts are there to prove it.

Now are we on for a week avatar bet or not

You specifically used the 4th game to slam him and I was commenting on how you ignored the first four weeks where he played well.

He's no where near the trash that Batiste is and he's not trash at run blocking. It's pass block where he has blown. He actually played well in all facets the second half of last year and Cards fans were waiting to see if he turned the corner, or if it was a fluke/contract year. We didn't get the chance to find out. Either way, he'd be much better than a practice squad GUARD that had never played a snap of tackle.

No, we are not counting dings, I'm counting games where he hardly played any snaps. We have depth but Dockett is special in that it's not just a matter of exemplary play that you need a backup to fill in for, the guy literally demands double teams every snap with his size and strength and if you don't, he gets the sack. I'm not aware of any backups that demand double coverage regularly. Anyway, injuries are a part of the game so I'm not trying to use this as a sole excuse. I wrote up that injury report and how it affected our performance in response to a few posters saying 'see, that was just luck those first four weeks, now we see their true colors' or something to that effect.

Nah, I was hoping to make that bet with you but Skelly has not instilled any confidence in me with his play thus far. We have a chance since it's a home game but Niners are one of the better teams in the league so it's not a very good chance with the way things are right now.

cajunator

Banned
Crazy guy on B & B? Damn I missed it! I'm sure they'll play sound bites over and over!

I like how Moon is quick to try and deflect things towards Cutler. Easy target. Pathetic.

For all the Cutler bashing, his teammates don't have a problem with him. It's sad that Cam needs Moon to be his shield and protector. Jay just doesn't give a fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkk. Maybe Cam should adopt this attitude as well and not worry about what the media says.

Yeah Jay is a total fuckhead but he's kind of awesome because of it.

Damn, you guys are overreacting pretty badly to a sophomore slump. The kid has talent. If he gets his head on straight and stops sulking, he still has a ton of talent. C'mon now.

bionic77

Is that how your wife got to wear the pants in your house?
No we arm wrestled for the pants.

That's the day I leaned never to arm wrestle with people whose favorite movie is Over the Top. Judge not by the thinness of their wrists lest you lose you pants. Pretty sure that's straight biblical.

tmdorsey

I really hope Corey Peters will be able to play Sunday. We are going to need his help in stopping the run and yes I fully believe Reid is going to decide to choose this game to see the light and actually start running the ball.

Girls can spend more money on shit than us. Once they start buying designer clothes, shoes and bags it is over. You buy a new tv every 10 years and they cost 1-2,000 usually depending on your budget. You can spend 2k on just 2 outfits at Bloomingdales. And that doesn't even include the insanity that is jewelry or furniture.

I would be careful before starting a game of look what I bought without talking about it with your wife.

Much easier to have one of your friends or even better friends gf/wife come over and tell your wife what total garbage your tv is. Preferably from a woman she does not like. I guarantee you that your wife will want to buy you a 70" monster HDTV within a week!

I'm a pretty simple guy. I don't want much and when I do want something my wife practically bends over to give it to me.

I use the "ask forgiveness" thing on going out late with my friends. She says it doesn't bother her, but when I do it? Hoo Boy.

DeaconKnowledge said:
I'm a pretty simple guy. I don't want much and when I do want something my wife practically bends over to give it to me.
Simple rule in my house: Buy what you want and I'll buy what I want as long as we let each other know about it in advance if it's a major purchase. Games, movies etc. don't even register a majority of the time. Same for her shoes, purses, clothes etc.

tmdorsey said:
and yes I fully believe Reid is going to decide to choose this game to see the light and actually start running the ball.
You're not the Giants - therefore he won't.:D

LiveWire

And fuck Carlos for never getting his eyes checked, one of our players told him to but he didn't want to wear glasses. Dumbass there are contacts for that which you eventually figured out. Yeah we could of used a 20/20 rogers here and not the stonehands he was with us.

But it wasn't Carlos. Apparently the Skins training/medical staff apparently gave up on him and/or ignored advice to work with him on the issue.

First thing when he gets examined by Niners' staff? Gets it done. And then you see what happened last year. Although I must admit I enjoyed watching him drop a wide-open pick for the Niners against the Giants two weeks ago. :)

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...ontact-lenses/2011/11/17/gIQAqyhMVN_blog.html

Wait...you guys hired Jim Haslett? Ex-Saints Jim fucking Haslett?
what the hell was your GM thinking?

Bruce Allen, ladies and gentlemen!

Talon

Eh, it's sort of true. I do think there is more pressure on hyped black QBs to succeed since the list of great black QBs thus far is a rather short.
I agree with this, but Cam's situation is all about Cam. He's the one throwing the organization under the bus after a press conference.

Keep that shit internal.
Must've been cheap!

Rorschach

With all these avatars, I was wondering about Scorcho. My very first thought was that he was banned, but then I thought that would be cruel to put up RIP for someone with cancer... then it set in. Duh. Sad news. :(

krzy123

) yes, Landry, no.

but mike greenberg thinks the skins have an excellent defense, i mean cmon son.

www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-spo...eenberg-says-redskins-have-excellent-defense/

“Have you seen the Indianapolis Colts play defense?” he then asked. “Have you seen the Washington Redskins play defense? The Redskins have an excellent defense. The Colts’ defense stinks. So the point is, Andrew Luck has to throw the ball downfield, he has to score more points. RGIII can play it safer. They’re both playing within the confines of what they need to do.”

skins on pace to give up the most passing yards of all time.

mr2xxx

Banned
But it wasn't Carlos. Apparently the Skins training/medical staff apparently gave up on him and/or ignored advice to work with him on the issue.

First thing when he gets examined by Niners' staff? Gets it done. And then you see what happened last year. Although I must admit I enjoyed watching him drop a wide-open pick for the Niners against the Giants two weeks ago. :)

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...ontact-lenses/2011/11/17/gIQAqyhMVN_blog.html

I would imagine Daniels would tell him and he brushed it off too like everyone else on the team. I mean why wouldn't Daniels mention it to Carlos but mention it to everyone else, doesn't make sense. I guess it's everyone's fault to some degree but one that cost us so much with the state of our secondary after he left.

Slo

Surley Wet, O'Dell's Mercenary Double IPA, Brew Free Or Die IPA, Boulevard Double Wide IPA, and Sneaky Pete IPA. I just spent more money on beer than most 'sconis spend a month on late night weight loss infomercial products.

effzee

LOL this is a joke right? Wasn't the whole world, including Bears teammates, calling out Cutler about a month ago for his immature angry act?

Moon compared him to Cutler simply to point out that the automatic comparison for Cam shouldn't be VY, unless of course you want to lump all black QBs into one category separate from the bitchy whiny QBs white QBs might belong to.

And lol comparing Cam in year 2 to Cutler as a veteran. Plus I don't see Cam caring about what the media says, just that he doesn't know how to handles losses.

Top Bottom