• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 8 |OT| Take A Chill Pill

Fox318

NFL's most-liked players

1. Troy Polamalu (63 percent appeal rating)
T-2. Drew Brees (62 percent)
T-2. Charles Woodson (62 percent)
4. Peyton Manning (59 percent)
T-5. Aaron Rodgers (58 percent)
T-5. Rob Gronkowski (58 percent)
T-7. Donald Driver (57 percent)
T-7. Robert Griffin III (57 percent)
T-7. Brian Urlacher (57 percent)
10. Matthew Stafford (56 percent)

NFL's least-liked players

1. Ndamukong Suh (19 percent appeal rating)
2. Jay Cutler (21 percent)
3. Michael Vick (23 percent)
4. Randy Moss (24 percent)
5. Matt Leinart (26 percent)
T-6. Kyle Orton (27 percent)
T-6. Tony Romo (27 percent)
8. Santonio Holmes (28 percent)
T-10. Mark Sanchez (31 percent)

T-10. Brady Quinn (31 percent)

Bunch of crazy Tebow fans.

Sanjuro

Yup. He hangs around with famous actresses.

yrGXq.jpg

squicken

Squicken how do you think the Rams will do this week?

If the Pats come out angry about their poor play and hearing about how they aren't good anymore, like GB had to before the HOU game, they will crush the Rams. The Rams offense can't score

I'm sure people will say the Rams have a good defense, but they don't. They have played AZ, SEA, MIA, CHI, and DET. All shitty offenses. The two teams with good offenses, GB and WAS, had no trouble scoring. The only way the Rams win is if the Pats have a bad day

squicken

I have a question for you cloud computing guys. So if I want to put something in my Dropbox or Google Drive or whatever, as far as I know, I have to download it to my PC, then upload it to my Dropbox.

Is there a way to just download it directly to Dropbox or Google Drive, and cut out me having to upload it? Upload speeds suck usually, and for large files it's annoying

d[-_-]b

Banned
lol, I guess I shouldn't wander into the other GAF community threads, just saw the OT thread on Pop-GAF and made me think twice...

Dragon

Banned
I have a question for you cloud computing guys. So if I want to put something in my Dropbox or Google Drive or whatever, as far as I know, I have to download it to my PC, then upload it to my Dropbox.

Is there a way to just download it directly to Dropbox or Google Drive, and cut out me having to upload it? Upload speeds suck usually, and for large files it's annoying

How large are you talking? Dropbox only lets you have 2 gig. Dropbox and google drive upload the file immediately upon a change and download on all the computers attached. It's pretty seamless.

Doorman

Man, it's a good thing I'm only a bandwagon baseball fan. I'd probably be chewing through my desk.

Not that I have much to look forward to with football, either. I still have no read whatsoever on this Seattle game aside from it probably being a really really shitty game overall for people to watch.

squicken

How large are you talking? Dropbox only lets you have 2 gig. Dropbox and google drive upload the file immediately upon a change and download on all the computers attached. It's pretty seamless.

100MB. There's a podcast I listen to that for some reason never has their iTunes feed working right and doesn't compress their mp3 down to a decent size. So I have to download it to my PC, then upload it via Dropbox. I just want to paste the url into Dropbox somehow and have it download directly there, and not have to use my PC

Dragon

Banned
100MB. There's a podcast I listen to that for some reason never has their iTunes feed working right and doesn't compress their mp3 down to a decent size. So I have to download it to my PC, then upload it via Dropbox. I just want to paste the url into Dropbox somehow and have it download directly there, and not have to use my PC

There are smartphone apps and you can add files through Dropbox.com as well I believe.

eznark

Banned
Any of you guys have tattoos of your favorite team?

My buddy got a tattoo of the FSU spear wrapped around his ankle. The arrowhead tip end at the bridge of his foot. There is urine flowing from the spear tip onto the logos of Miami and the Florida Gator.

It's the ugliest thing I have ever seen (I helped draw it!) and he didn't realize he had gotten it for like three days.

Fox318

My buddy got a tattoo of the FSU spear wrapped around his ankle. The arrowhead tip end at the bridge of his foot. There is urine flowing from the spear tip onto the logos of Miami and the Florida Gator.

It's the ugliest thing I have ever seen (I helped draw it!) and he didn't realize he had gotten it for like three days.

what

Fantomex

Rex Ryan and the jests are more confusing then a babbling Drunk. Depending on what time you heard sports center they retract as clarify statements so many times. Hopefully the phins give them the business this week.

MechDX

Matt Schaub is pissed! Dont fuck with the Schaub!

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/page...d-houston-texans-matt-schaub-plays-close-vest

But Schaub doesn't worry about these things. He doesn't seem fazed by much of anything. There was the time last spring when a number of teams were courting Manning, and Texans coach Gary Kubiak texted his quarterback and asked him to pick up the future Hall of Fame quarterback at the airport. Kubiak was kidding, but that's not exactly the type of thing you joke about via text. Manning was causing insecurity complexes all over the league last spring.

Schaub said he simply laughed and texted, "I'll send him back to Terminal C."

Gary Kubiak is a sadistic fuck.

RBH

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- The month-old "Hot Sauce" controversy between the New York Jets and Miami Dolphins went from mild to extra spicy Wednesday.

Jets coach Rex Ryan said he wants Dolphins running back Reggie Bush to apologize for his "what-goes-around-comes-around" comment from Week 3. Bush, speaking two days after the Jets' Week 3 win in Miami, intimated that cornerback Darrelle Revis deserved his season-ending knee injury.

As for Ryan's players, well, they just want Bush, period.

"We want to knock him out, but we're out to do it legally," linebacker Aaron Maybin said.

Bush couldn't finish the first meeting because of a second-quarter knee injury. Safety LaRon Landry, who made the initial hit on the play, said Bush will be haunted by it when the teams meet again Sunday at MetLife Stadium.

"Every time he sees me, he will remember that hit," Landry said. "If I'm in the box or I'm going downhill, he'll remember that hit."

Landry has been called for three personal-foul penalties this season, but he said he's not about to change his physical style of play.

"If I get penalized, I'm not going to stop head-hunting," he said. "I'm not going to stop the way I play."

Considering the bad blood, it figures to be an intense rematch between these AFC East rivals.

The war of words began during the run-up to the first game, when Ryan said the Jets needed to pour "hot sauce" on Bush. The Dolphins' leading rusher took umbrage, suggesting the Jets were out to deliberately hurt him. Bush intimated that Revis' season-ending knee injury, which also occurred in that game, was some sort of karmic retribution.

Afterward, Ryan said Bush misinterpreted his remarks, and now he wants Bush to come clean. On Wednesday, Ryan was asked if he's worried about payback.

"I'm not worried about that, shoot," Ryan said. "I apologized for my comments, and I expect him to do the same."

Ryan, however, had a slightly different take when he talked to Miami reporters on a conference call.

"For him, I don't want an apology, and, obviously, I hope he's taken mine and understands the sincerity," he said.

Bush said Wednesday that he didn't believe Ryan's apology was sincere.

"I don't believe that, I don't believe that at all," Bush said. "But it is what it is. Like I said, the great thing about divisional games is you get to play them twice."

Another layer to the story was a postgame comment from linebacker Calvin Pace, who said of Bush, "We had to put him out."

The next day, Pace apologized, saying there was no intent to hurt Bush.

Bush got off to a great start in the game, rushing for 61 yards on 10 carries. On the 10th carry, he was drilled by Landry, but that didn't cause the injury. Bush got caught under a pile, with nose tackle Sione Po'uha landing on his knee. Landry emerged from the pile, clapping his hands, as if he was celebrating.

It turned out to be only a bruise, but Bush was angry. Two days later, he went on a South Florida radio station and suggested Revis' injury -- noncontact -- was deserved.

"They talked all week about putting hot sauce and this and that, and they ended up losing their best player," Bush said.

The Jets (3-4) haven't backed down. Maybin said Bush's comment about Revis was "a very unprofessional thing to say."

Basically, Maybin reiterated what Pace said after the Week 3 game.

"We feel like we can kick guys' butts legally, in between the hashmarks," Maybin said. "That's what we need to do against Reggie."

Landry believes the Jets got into Bush's head.

"When guys yap back and forth, obviously you've done a great job, no matter if it's a bonehead play or whatever," he said. "You got to him in some type of way because he had to speak on it. We'll see on Sunday. I'm grateful for another opportunity to play this guy. He will remember that hit."

Bush said he's not worried about the Jets seeking revenge.

"Not at all," he said. "Retaliation? They're the ones who started it. If there was ever any retaliation it would come from us. But you know what? With this team, and the caliber of guys and character of guys that we have, we play with respect for the game.

"It's football. I didn't go and complain or whine about being a target of the Jets. I expect that every game. So I wouldn't expect it to be any different this game."

Clearly, Bush's earlier comments irked Ryan, who wants the running back to apologize -- particularly to Revis.

"Well, I do," Ryan told reporters in New York. "I never said we were trying to injure Reggie Bush, that's not even close. He's going to get our attention. I'm sorry, but he's a player that's going to warrant a lot of attention, and that's what I meant by my comments. If it was taken differently, I apologized for that. But, trust me, we know when he's in the game."

Bush didn't miss any time because of his knee injury, but his production has declined. He has rushed for only 132 yards in the past three games, averaging only 2.8 per carry.

Asked if Bush resembles the same dangerous runner his team faced last month, Jets defensive end Muhammad Wilkerson said, "The stats show that he's down, so I guess he's not the same."
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/sto...lle-revis-new-york-jets-apology-rex-ryan-says

Top Bottom