• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 9 |OT| Gronkenstorm

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Fell asleep and just saw Doug Martin singlehandedly saved me this week in fantasy football.

I said goddamn.

Dragon

Banned
Lol. I live 10 minutes away from the stadium, and have family without power for this entire time, and while I'm fine personally I know people in towns that have been devastated.

It sucks but the Jints lost a game, live moves on (and btw the entire first half was talking about Hurricane Sandy makeup ref Calls, as all the calls were in favor of the Jints). Stop crying.

So you're just acting like a complete ahole. Cool.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
In 1991, a reeling but up-and-coming Cowboys squad went to Washington and beat an 11-0 Redskins team; in 2006, in Tony Romo's fourth career start, they defeated the 9-0 Colts 21-14; in 2009, a teetering 8-5 Dallas team traveled into a hostile New Orleans Superdome and saved its season with a 24-17 victory over the 13-0 Saints.

Those 3 teams won the SuperBowl. LET'S GO FAILCONS!

harSon

Banned
I got a new (free) laptop a week later, if it helps you forget about my past transgressions. I'm a passionate fan of my team and I have lost my head at times. At least I have a head to lose, friend, judging from your posts on here you def don't.

Have a nice night, good win, good luck rest of the year.

I have a head to lose, I just did what any self respecting fan would do in the face of two gifted touchdowns to the opposing team in an important game. I called foul.

And this Steelers team is really clicking on all cylinders. The only thing I'm not a fan of is the overly small ball, and I'd definitely like us to take a few more cracks at pass plays over 10 yards... but the run blocking is really something special right now. It almost seems like we can put anyone behind it and they'll succeed. Imagine how good it's going to be once DeCastro is back, and we have Mendenhall, Dwyer and Redman pounding it?

I really hope Rainy and Brown are good to go by the Ravens game though. Brown is crucial to our offense, and Rainy is magic on special teams, barring holding/illegal blocks in the back...

Our defense has been equally impressive the last few weeks, and despite what some people have suggested in pass weeks, our pass defense seems legitimately good. Our run defense is still a tad bit suspect though, and I expect teams in the future to focus on that over the pass (probably starting with the Ravens).

Striker

d[-_-]b;43971977 said:
f u you coughlin for putting Diehl back in the O-line...

Yep, bizarre. He's terrible and not an NFL starter.

I told Wellington, through the whole season I don't remember bitching and complaining as much as I did today about Diehl. Can't be too critical on the defense although Redman ran on them like he was Jerome Bettis. Offense needs to wake up and just get through one more game before the BYE. Cruz can't do it all on his own when he'll be doubled all game.

Narag

I didnt. I just exited this thread because the trolling was getting me too worked up.

untitled-8beqa1.gif

Draxal

Why are you defending an unfunny poor taste joke? I'm not crying I'm pointing out you're acting like a dick. And I'm done.

Not really defending it, questioning why you are bothering to post in this thread if it bothers you so much. The entire first half was all jokes about Sandy Make up calls, I'm really baffled why you just seemed to latch onto me.

And dark humor is dark humor, its how people cope sometimes.

harSon

Banned
Oh, and that fake field goal was honestly the most bone headed thing ever, and it kind of sucks that the victory overshadows how stupid it really was.

I don't mind running an actual play, and attempting to pound out the yard considering how well our rushing offense was working. And to a lesser extent, I'd be ok with a pass to throw off the expectations of the defense. But running a fake FG? Not only did you run a fake field goal, but you had your fucking place kicker throw it over his shoulder... to our slow ass FG kicker no less. Taking the ball out of your play makers, and putting them into the hands of those two is simply laughable... especially when you can simply tie the game with a chip shot and rely on a defense that has been playing lights out all game.

WedgeX

Banned
We are all falcons tonight.

It helps that my high school was also the falcons.

edit:

And Slo when did you get the Bobby Lane avatar?

cajunator

Banned
I cant root for the Falcons.
Its just not possible.
But I cant root for the Cowboys either. Im opting out entirely.

However I am going to record this game for Romo follies.

Top Bottom