• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 9 |OT| Gronkenstorm

Draxal

Ben did his job, lots of short stuff and Wallace had great YAC. Giants defense overall wasn't bad in pass defense, but they were ripped up against the run. I suppose you just ignore that.

Giants looked terribly offensively, and it was the same last week. Are you new to the NFL, or are you always this dense?

Saw a good post on BBI about the Redskins doing something to confuse the Giant's wrs and ever since then the GMEN looked like shit. It's a copycat league, so I bet the Giant's O is solved until they can out scheme their way out of it.

cajunator

Banned
Sorry to hear that. Scorcho and now Gaborn.
Life is so precious. Dont take it for granted.
I have a feeling this will happen more and more as the forum ages and long time members get older.

Jrmint

Ben did his job, lots of short stuff and Wallace had great YAC. Giants defense overall wasn't bad in pass defense, but they were ripped up against the run. I suppose you just ignore that.

Giants looked terribly offensively, and it was the same last week. Are you new to the NFL, or are you always this dense?
Lol so your defense is that they looked bad last week too, and in week 1. So that gives them a pass? No that means they have an above average at best qb who is put on a pedestal bc of his name.

Our run attack was set up due to the passing attack, and vice versa.

If Ben didn't have the personal issues he'd be regarded as an elite quarterback and all the talking heads would see him that way.

Striker

Lol so your defense is that they looked bad last week too, and in week 1. So that gives them a pass? No that means they have an above average at best qb who is put on a pedestal bc of his name.

If Ben didn't have the personal issues he'd be regarded as an elite quarterback and all the talking heads would see him that way.
lol, what the fuck. Go away.

Draxal

Your running attack was setup by your Oline blowing the the Giant's DTS up, and Redman bouncing off arm tackles (herzlich was also really bad in run support). Your team was better tonight. And everybody knows Ben is elite, who the fuck said he wasn't?

Frazier "not even considering" benching Ponder.

Valvethread.gif

Striker

Your running attack was setup by your Oline blowing the the Giant's DTS up, and Redman bouncing off arm tackles (herzlich was also really bad in run support). Your team was better tonight. And everybody knows Ben is elite, who the fuck said he wasn't?
Eli's only talked about because of his name. Time to move on, buddy.

That would be Striker who's last argument was pretty convincing (sarcasm).

I'm done.
A 3rd string RB had near 150 rush yards and that's what setup those passes. The passes were mostly 5 yard routes in the 1st half. Too elite, you convinced me!

One win over Eli and he's automatically a better QB. It's simple minded stuff like that which makes you look moronic. Go away.

cajunator

Banned
My Dad just came in from a deep sea fishing trip with a haul of amberjack, tuna, and spanish mackerel. Good eating soon. VIVA LA LOUISIANE.

Draxal said:
herzlich was also really bad in run support
I'd be curious to know if Herzlich played more snaps that he was supposed to. Phillips was all set to play this week with talk of three safety sets and then he's deactivated and Mark is on the field a ton.

Now you know why Chase is still the starter. He got beat on that TD pass, too.

beast786

We Lost one of Lion-GAF member

I'm very sorry to say that I'm fairly certain Gaborn passed away on September 26th, 2012.

It's not my place to violate his privacy or speak on behalf of his family, but there is an obituary for someone matching his exact name and birthday in the state where he lived.

RIP Gaborn. You were a good man

Draxal

I'd be curious to know if Herzlich played more snaps that he was supposed to. Phillips was all set to play this week with talk of three safety sets and then he's deactivated and Mark is on the field a ton.

Now you know why Chase is still the starter. He got beat on that TD pass, too.

I don't know, I think the Philips thing was a smokescreen the entire time.

Basically I see this game as for the coaching staff personnel decisions, a win for Blackburn, a huge loss on Diehl.

I'm really curious on how the Giant's are going to adjust the offense now with 3 bad games in a row, I really think the Skins found a huge flaw in the Giant's offense.

I like Ponder. Why must he suck :-(

I like him too but the dude has regressed horribly over the last 5 weeks. Something has to change.

This is coming from a guy who gave Ponder every chance. I argued with my friends a ton about Ponder being the guy.

-----

Also that news about Gaborn is shocking. Dont know much about the guy but its always sobering when someone you interact with passes. Even if its passively on an internet message board.

Talon

Verizon verizon Verizon verizon Verizon verizon Verizon verizon Verizon verizon Verizon verizon Verizon verizon Verizon verizon Verizon verizon Verizon verizon

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Just stopping to rant for a quick second... Fantasy Football is crap, I'm 1st in one league by a ton, and dead last in another. Too much luck involved.

Milchjon

-----

Also that news about Gaborn is shocking. Dont know much about the guy but its always sobering when someone you interact with passes. Even if its passively on an internet message board.

It sucks, yeah.

I think it comes with the size of the board. When there are thousands and thousands of people around, chances are some of them will pass away.

Not to make this about me, but I always thought it's crazy that I've lived for 25 years and only 4 people close to me have died in that period: 2 great grandparents and 2 grandfathers. This shouldn't even be possible statistically, and I'm unbelievably grateful for it.

Ænima

So who are the current hot assistant coaches and college coaches that will be vying for a head coaching NFL job soon? I am curious since I see Shanahan surviving one more season at best.

Top Bottom