• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 9 |OT| Gronkenstorm

cajunator said:
Fuck Halo 4. Just keep playing Okami HD. Its a much better game.
So you've played Halo 4 then? Sweet...thoughts?

(for the record, I've beaten Okami already when it was on PS2 and yes it's fantastic)

I have no interest in Halo 4.

Go Pats
What kind of fan are you?

22801_10151232582321100_127685256_n.jpg

Remember when there were reports that Shanahan didn't have respect in the Redskins locker room a year or two back with all of the McNabb hoopla? Looks like those ghosts are back:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...eport-mike-shanahans-comments-bother-redskins

It sure sounded like Mike Shanahan threw in the towel for the 2012 season after losing to the Carolina Panthers on Sunday evening, despite having seven games left to play.

"When you lose a game like that, now you're playing to see who, obviously, is going to be on your football team for years to come," Shanahan said after the team's homecoming loss.

Logically, it made sense with the Redskins at 3-6. They would have to run the table for a chance at the playoffs. Emotionally, it seems like a dangerous message to send to a team.

"Bein' 3-6 really [stinks] because right now we're on the outside looking in," Lorenzo Alexander told Mike Wise of the Washington Post. "I'm not thinkin' about next year. That's an offseason thing for me. But you know it's hard when you see yourself in that type of position and your head coach is saying those types of things. It's disappointing."

Two other players told Wise anonymously they were bothered by Shanahan's comments. Considering that Shanahan has a lower winning percentage during his Redskins tenure than Steve Spurrier or Jim Zorn, it's a dangerous message.

Shanahan may need to win in the second half or risk not being around next season.

Remember when there were reports that Shanahan didn't have respect in the Redskins locker room a year or two back with all of the McNabb hoopla? Looks like those ghosts are back:

I wouldn't mind cleaning house. I actually like how Kyle Shanahan has worked with RG3, but it's obvious Shanny isn't in the long term plans in DC.

Shanahan is getting his excuses in early so Snyder doesn't blame him for the Skins being shit despite RGIII. Doubt it's gonna work.

harSon

Banned
Bruce Arians is still the head coach and Luck is still a rookie. I don't think you can win a SB with either.

To be fair, a Bruce Arians offense can work... you just need a good offensive line to run it. My issue with Bruce Arians is his insistence to hamfist offensive schemes into a team not equipped to do so, and his inability to micromanage a game and make on the fly adjustments when things aren't going as planned.

cajunator

Banned
So you've played Halo 4 then? Sweet...thoughts?

(for the record, I've beaten Okami already when it was on PS2 and yes it's fantastic)

Its Halo. It will always play a certain way and Im not a fan of it or any game in the series.
But its a shooter. It would be very difficult to fuck it up.

LiveWire

Fire em all. Every last one of them. Can we get our picks back from St Louis? They can have RG3. I want an expansion draft, let the Redskins pilfer real NFL players and coaches from the rest of the league.

Dragon

Banned
Its Halo. It will always play a certain way and Im not a fan of it or any game in the series.
But its a shooter. It would be very difficult to fuck it up.

It's Mario. It will always play a certain way and I'm not a fan of it or any game in the series.
But it's a platformer. It would be very difficult to fuck it up.

Yeah you can be dismissive towards any sequel if you use that logic.

Doubt he will struggle, but dont you kind of want the Eagles to lose and get Andy fired?
I dont remember if you like him or not. It seems most Philly fans dont like him.

I am pretty neutral on Reid. He does some good things and some bad things. I just realize how hard it is to find a good coach and I worry that his replacement will be much worse. I would never want the Eagles to lose though, even back when they were terrible under Ray Rhodes I was still rooting for them to win every game. The closest I have ever come to wanting them to lose is when they hired Kotite. Man I wanted him fired even before the season started.

bionic77

To be fair, a Bruce Arians offense can work... you just need a good offensive line to run it. My issue with Bruce Arians is his insistence to hamfist offensive schemes into a team not equipped to do so, and his inability to micromanage a game and make on the fly adjustments when things aren't going as planned.
Any offense will work if you have pro-bowl offensive lineman, pro-bowl receivers, and a lucky ass qb. See the Cowboys in the 90s.

A great qb can succeed with Arians, but in spite of him not because of him. Look at the difference between Haley and Arians already. He actually has plays designed to exploit the opposing defense. Arians just does the same shit every game. That works in Madden, but against real defenses not so much.

I just saw the preview for the Hobbit. That looked pretty tight. Too bad it is going to be 10 movies instead of one or two at most.

And that transgender locker room thread is the biggest ban bait I have ever seen. With the exception of blueballs (that bitter seahawks fan), Pat fans and Ravens fans I strongly encourage everyone to stay far away. No matter how ridiculous the posts about how little girls should be exposed to grown men genitals in an effort to make sexually confused adults feel more comfortable, do the smart thing and just close that thread and move onto to something safer.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Fire em all. Every last one of them. Can we get our picks back from St Louis? They can have RG3. I want an expansion draft, let the Redskins pilfer real NFL players and coaches from the rest of the league.

Yeah those picks from the Rams are so good they aren't even suiting up on game day.

I cant wait to pick up my Halo 4 console tomorrow. Everything I have read about the game sounds amazing. I have been wanting a new studio to take over for Bungie for a long time, so I couldnt be more excited for Halo 4.

cajunator said:
I figured. Unlike yourself, I'm a huge fan of the series so I'm quite eager to get my hands on 4.

harSon

Banned
Any offense will work if you have pro-bowl offensive lineman, pro-bowl receivers, and a lucky ass qb. See the Cowboys in the 90s.

A great qb can succeed with Arians, but in spite of him not because of him. Look at the difference between Haley and Arians already. He actually has plays designed to exploit the opposing defense. Arians just does the same shit every game. That works in Madden, but against real defenses not so much.

I just saw the preview for the Hobbit. That looked pretty tight. Too bad it is going to be 10 movies instead of one or two at most.

And that transgender locker room thread is the biggest ban bait I have ever seen. With the exception of blueballs (that bitter seahawks fan), Pat fans and Ravens fans I strongly encourage everyone to stay far away. No matter how ridiculous the posts about how little girls should be exposed to grown men genitals in an effort to make sexually confused adults feel more comfortable, do the smart thing and just close that thread and move onto to something safer.

It doesn't even have to be a pro-bowl offensive line, it just can't be one of the worst offensive lines in the league. If we had an average offensive line in past seasons, then Arians offense would have likely resulted in a top 3-5 passing attack. The majority of his plays are long developing pass plays down the field, and if you don't have the offensive line to protect your QB for longer than 1 second which was the case for the Steelers, then you're going to be tops in the league in sacks year after year.

cajunator

Banned
It's Mario. It will always play a certain way and I'm not a fan of it or any game in the series.
But it's a platformer. It would be very difficult to fuck it up.

Yeah you can be dismissive towards any sequel if you use that logic.

I didnt say Halo was a bad game, I just said fuck it, choose Okami.

cajunator

Banned

Ive figured out how to survive here I think. Just avoid posting in obvious ban bait threads altogether and tread lightly in all others, staying mostly neutral and then going full out with my actual opinion on IRC where its safe.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Ive figured out how to survive here I think. Just avoid posting in obvious ban bait threads altogether and tread lightly in all others, staying mostly neutral and then going full out with my actual opinion on IRC where its safe.

Pretty much.

I mostly just keep to Sports-GAF where rules are a bit more lax usually.

bionic77

It doesn't even have to be a pro-bowl offensive line, it just can't be one of the worst offensive lines in the league. If we had an average offensive line in past seasons, then Arians offense would have likely resulted in a top 3-5 passing attack. The majority of his plays are long developing pass plays down the field, and if you don't have the offensive line to protect your QB for longer than 1 second which was the case for the Steelers, then you're going to be tops in the league in sacks year after year.
If all you are going to do is have the qb hold it and send the receivers on go routes all the time you need an elite offensive line. Even average lines can't hold off the rush from a good defense on every play, and holding the ball for that long will result in sacks and turnovers. It only worked out with us because Ben is a giant and can absorb those hits. It looks like Luck is the same way.

The Pats had an elite line in 2007 when their strategy was first look to Moss for the bomb and if not there or under pressure Tammy would throw the dink for the bailout which Welker would usually turn into a first down somehow. But that never would have worked unless their line was creating that wall around Brady on almost every play.

Maybe I am not being fair to Arians though because I really hated him and his offense.

bionic77

It is pretty easy but that transexual thread was one of the most blatant ban bait threads I have seen in awhile. I mean I saw some people blaming little girls and their mothers for not wanting them to see a grown man's dick in the locker room.

If all you are going to do is have the qb hold it and send the receivers on go routes all the time you need an elite offensive line. Even average lines can't hold off the rush from a good defense on every play, and holding the ball for that long will result in sacks and turnovers. It only worked out with us because Ben is a giant and can absorb those hits. It looks like Luck is the same way.

The Pats had an elite line in 2007 when their strategy was first look to Moss for the bomb and if not there or under pressure Tammy would throw the dink for the bailout which Welker would usually turn into a first down somehow. But that never would have worked unless their line was creating that wall around Brady on almost every play.

Maybe I am not being fair to Arians though because I really hated him and his offense.

Patriots have the best Oline coach in the world.

l.jpg

harSon

Banned

Only way to survive is to not have an opinion on anything

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
It is pretty easy but that transexual thread was one of the most blatant ban bait threads I have seen in awhile. I mean I saw some people blaming little girls and their mothers for not wanting them to see a grown man's dick in the locker room.

Bigot!

No seriously though, I would never want to subject my child to that sort of thing.

He probably was hanging by a thread here first.

And wasn't that mostly due to the opinion of a heroin addict?

cajunator

Banned
Only way to survive is to not have an opinion on anything

Thats just like, your opinion man.

Back to NFL talk though, we are so fucked this year.
I live in Louisiana though. I'm used to getting fucked over. Except this state has the annoying perks of astoundingly good food, great people, and festivals/fun stuff going on all the time. If I were to the type to get drunk and had a non masochistic work schedule Id be drunk out of my ass at a party every other night.

squicken

A great qb can succeed with Arians, but in spite of him not because of him. Look at the difference between Haley and Arians already. He actually has plays designed to exploit the opposing defense. Arians just does the same shit every game. That works in Madden, but against real defenses not so much..

This for sure. The Colts lost two linemen during the game yesterday, and the offense wasn't the same in the 2nd half. Luck started getting hit a lot more. He either needed to go with short passes or runs more often. But they kept going downfield. Got very lucky on some drops by MIAs D and some tipped passes that landed harmlessly incomplete

He just doesn't seem to adapt. He's going to get all this credit when it will just be having a great QB that can make anything work.

cajunator

Banned
Yeah that's why I said usually.

NBA-GAF is a different beast all together.

But I always liked how they were. They came at you fiercely.

I always hear this but is there any posts in particular you guys can find as an example of this? IM curious to see how bad it could get.

harSon

Banned
This for sure. The Colts lost two linemen during the game yesterday, and the offense wasn't the same in the 2nd half. Luck started getting hit a lot more. He either needed to go with short passes or runs more often. But they kept going downfield. Got very lucky on some drops by MIAs D and some tipped passes that landed harmlessly incomplete

He just doesn't seem to adapt. He's going to get all this credit when it will just be having a great QB that can make anything work.

See!

Wes

venison crêpe

I may read those threads but I rarely post in them unless I'm asking a question for more insight in to an issue. My stance on issues/causes are generally moderate and those threads attract such staunch supporters of either one relatively extreme view or another that mine and others rather middling opinions are generally lost out to the posts that draw the ire of the other side.

Thing is as long as you can make the reads and have the arm you're going to hit guys downfield. No defense can cover everything downfield, especially with ow hard the game is on defenders.

Narag

I still marvel at his halftime adjustments his first game as interim HC. He came out and told a reporter there wouldn't be any and there weren't.

cajunator

Banned
I may read those threads but I rarely post in them unless I'm asking a question for more insight in to an issue. My stance on issues/causes are generally moderate and those threads attract such staunch supporters of either one relatively extreme view or another that mine and others rather middling opinions are generally lost out to the posts that draw the ire of the other side.

The worst part is even f you make a rather unassuming post, if it is even slightly biased you will get quoted by 30 people and it will immediately become the hot button issue where YOU are the problem. I hate the hive mind mentality that such threads produce. Itsl ike there is suddenly a beacon shining at your post pointing it out as harmful to the discussion and worthy of moderation.

Top Bottom