• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 9 |OT| Gronkenstorm

harSon

Banned
In other news Justin Tuck is an asshole.

As ESPN noted this is not the first time the Giants resorted to name calling and dirty tactics. They did the same thing against the Niners.

Harbaugh (who happens to be a dirtbag) gave a response that sums up how I feel about these provocations.

I just hope that we can score more than 3 points! Someone has to stop these bullies!

Lol, the Steelers benefiting from holding calls? Ask Harrison and Woodley what they think of holding calls.

Draxal

Colon has been salty as fuck the past few weeks.

I hope he pushes the Giants d-line shit in (without the retarded penalties)! All game baby! All day!

Probably won't get much done against Canty or Joseph, will probably win most of the battles against Bernard, even more so against Kuhn or Austin (not sure which one is going to be inactive). I'm honestly terrified of Miller in this game.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I feel really nervous about this game versus the Ravens.

Not like I feel the Browns will contend for anything but it just feels like if they can win this game the future seems a whole lot brighter going forward.

Even if they lose things still seem good but I dunno it just feels like this is one of the more important games of the season for the Browns.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Looking at the Steelers/Giants match up, it's amazing how similarly the teams are built. They have the same strengths; clutch qb, defensive front seven. The same perceived weaknesses; secondary, o-line. Heck, they both have built in excuses for losing the game, revolving around Sandy. Also, this is apparently only the 7th time in NFL history that multiple SB winning qb's will match up in the regular season. This should be a fun game, even if it's not well played.

d[-_-]b;43890618 said:
Well i'll take a W and talk rather than a loss and talk like certain players... we gave them that win so forth and so on... we beat ourselves... that crap...

Wow some Steelers fans are salty as hell

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...hias-kiwanuka-complains-about-cowboys-holding

Looking at the Steelers/Giants match up, it's amazing how similarly the teams are built. They have the same strengths; clutch qb, defensive front seven. The same perceived weaknesses; secondary, o-line. Heck, they both have built in excuses for losing the game, revolving around Sandy. Also, this is apparently only the 7th time in NFL history that multiple SB winning qb's will match up in the regular season. This should be a fun game, even if it's not well played.

Despite what Giants fans say their O-line is not a weakness.

squicken

Not sure any of them are awake yet, but would you Seahawks fans want Cheatin' Pete fired if you could land Cheatin' Chip Kelly?

d[-_-]b

Banned

David Diehl is any O-line's kryptonite
Also really... a game where the replacement refs were officiating, you know how good they were.... let's just bring them back...

Yup. Also, their D-line is overrated this year.

They overrated last year too (only showed up during the end of the season if that...)

Fantomex

Norv Turner, Romeo Crennel and Charlie Weis should never be head coaches. They were born to be Assistants. Time has proven this.

Godslay

Banned
Norv Turner, Romeo Crennel and Charlie Weis should never be head coaches. They were born to be Assistants. Time has proven this.

I think Norv and Romeo deserve as much time as they need to fully develop into the best HC they can be. You can't really put a time limit on it, as these things take time. Cut them some slack and give them at least the amount of time Manning is in Denver (3-5 years) to really get things figured out. I'm sure it will work out.

Striker

Yup. Also, their D-line is overrated this year.
Getting Canty back two weeks ago is going to help out a ton. Biggest difference you'll see going forward. Tuck and Osi have fallen off, and Joseph was forced to take almost all snaps. Kuhn is a 7th round rookie.

Despite what Giants fans say their O-line is not a weakness.
It's not that way now, or was until Diehl is back in, because they've got healthy guys in. It is not inaccurate to suggest these past three seasons the Giants OL has been a weak link. Diehl-McKenzie was one of the worst tackle combo in the league last year, and that was strictly in pass pro. They were dead last in running. Getting Bennett in to pass block, and Eli makes this line look better than they are. It's not that hard to understand.

I think Norv and Romeo deserve as much time as they need to fully develop into the best HC they can be. You can't really put a time limit on it, as these things take time. Cut them some slack and give them at least the amount of time Manning is in Denver (3-5 years) to really get things figured out. I'm sure it will work out.
Agreed. The same goes for Rex Ryan and Sanchez. You can't rush these things, you know? Let's not make any rash decisions that we'll end up regretting.

bionic77

Depends who is doing the pushing.
How many times have I told you that despite what you dream about at night Tammy is not properly equipped to do that to you.

Now forget about him and get on board the RGIII bandwagon otherwise we are going to start thinking you are a racist.

I feel really nervous about this game versus the Ravens.

Not like I feel the Browns will contend for anything but it just feels like if they can win this game the future seems a whole lot brighter going forward.

Even if they lose things still seem good but I dunno it just feels like this is one of the more important games of the season for the Browns.
100% agreed. The future for everyone will be very bright if the Brownies can win and the Pats miss the playoffs.

Getting Canty back two weeks ago is going to help out a ton. Biggest difference you'll see going forward. Tuck and Osi have fallen off, and Joseph was forced to take almost all snaps. Kuhn is a 7th round rookie.
What happened to JPP? He had his break out season and now he's ghost silent. Kind of reminds me of my avatar here.

It's not that way now, or was until Diehl is back in, because they've got healthy guys in. It is not inaccurate to suggest these past three seasons the Giants OL has been a weak link. Diehl-McKenzie was one of the worst tackle combo in the league last year, and that was strictly in pass pro. They were dead last in running. Getting Bennett in to pass block, and Eli makes this line look better than they are. It's not that hard to understand.

Last year was last year. This year the Giants O-line are eating fools. Manning is having a career year because he's being kept clean as hell.

DeaconKnowledge said:
What happened to JPP? He had his break out season and now he's ghost silent.
If you think JPP is ghost silent, you aren't watching the games or are judging him based completely on sack numbers. He's been a force all season long. If it wasn't for he and Joseph the Dline would have fallen off entirely. Canty's return has been and will continue to be big and Tuck has been coming on the past few games finally.

DeaconKnowledge said:
Manning is having a career year because he's being kept clean as hell.
He had a career year when he wasn't. Eli makes the offensive line looks good at times but I agree - this years offensive line has been stellar ever since Diehl went down and more importantly, Will Beatty took over the LT position. I've talked him up several times because he's really been one of the biggest difference makers.

If you think JPP is ghost silent, you aren't watching the games or are judging him based completely on sack numbers. He's been a force all season long. If it wasn't for he and Joseph the Dline would have fallen off entirely. Canty's return has been big and Tuck has been coming on the past few games.

I think JPP is ghost silent in the same way that I think Timmons is silent - not showing up on the stat sheet. Obviously there is much more to defensive play then sacks, but last year JPP was performing his responsibilities AND putting up huge numbers.
He had a career year when he wasn't.

You can only have a career year once.

Striker

What happened to JPP? He had his break out season and now he's ghost silent. Kind of reminds me of my avatar here.

Last year was last year. This year the Giants O-line are eating fools. Manning is having a career year because he's being kept clean as hell.
JPP is fine. A force against the run, getting pressure, doing his job. You're right the Giants have several very overrated players on defense, namely Osi, Tuck, and Rolle. It might not be from guys like me, Future, or others on GAF here, but you see all the time in the media or in regular fanbases point out how they're top players on this team.

The OL is doing well this year, not going to deny that at all. But they've been terrible, bottom of the league quality, prior to this. What happens when you have trash at OT and a guy like Will Beatty can stay healthy.

bionic77

I think JPP is ghost silent in the same way that I think Timmons is silent - not showing up on the stat sheet. Obviously there is much more to defensive play then sacks, but last year JPP was performing his responsibilities AND putting up huge numbers.

You can only have a career year once.
Timmons was sucking ass until Harrison came back. He looked like shit. He has looked again since then and hopefully he keeps it up. He is the only guy with a chance in hell on our team of tackling a running back and stopping the run game. Speaking of run games...

Looks like Dwyer is out for Sunday. Redman will start, so it'll be Redman, Rainey and Batch....Ben better play lights out.
:lol

In addition to Ben playing lights out it would help if Rainey ran one back and it did not called back for holding. He is due for a big return and we could use that this week.

Smokey

Been reading about Mario Williams' comments on the Texans situation. Dude sounds miserable in Buffalo and it's only 1/2 way through season 1.

...dammit. How is Mendenhall doing?

You're right about Ben, may as well just throw deep passes to Wallace, I don't trust our OL for anything

Guess Mendenhall is improving, but they have him listed as doubtful. They can't keep one starter healthy at the position for some reason, it's like the Kugler curse has seeped into the RBs.

Striker

Timmons was sucking ass until Harrison came back. He looked like shit. He has looked again since then and hopefully he keeps it up. He is the only guy with a chance in hell on our team of tackling a running back and stopping the run game. Speaking of run games...
Who plays in place of Woodley? He'll likely be matched up with Diehl, sigh.

Thought of Timmons for some reason, scratch that.

DeaconKnowledge said:
I think JPP is ghost silent in the same way that I think Timmons is silent - not showing up on the stat sheet.
5 passes defensed, an interception, forced fumble, 30 solo tackles, 11 assists, 25 QB hurries, 14 QB hits, 5.5 sacks in 8 games.

Yep, ghost silent. Only if you're looking at that sack number.

Striker already covered it. He's done more than his job. Tuck and Osi have been invisible up until the last two games where Tuck is finally starting to look a bit more like himself.

Spectral Glider said:
Redman will start, so it'll be Redman, Rainey and Batch....Ben better play lights out.
We're not a great run defense, unfortunately.

bionic77

No idea. Probably some total garbo player like Worilds.

If Diehl can't easily handle Worilds then he shouldn't be allowed to play in the league anymore.

5 passes defensed, an interception, forced fumble, 30 solo tackles, 11 assists, 25 QB hurries, 14 QB hits, 5.5 sacks in 8 games.

Yep, ghost silent. Only if you're looking at that sack number.

Striker already covered it. He's done more than his job. Tuck and Osi have been invisible up until the last two games where Tuck is finally starting to look a bit more like himself.
I stand corrected. Admittedly all i've seen of him where the games I watched and he didn't seem as inspired as he did last year.

Jason Worilds. Utility player really. Strong at the point of attack but not special at all otherwise.

We're not a great run defense, unfortunately.
That's good because Redman isn't a great runner.

edit: post faster you idiots.

Jorge Castillo @jorgeccastillo

Tom Coughlin confirmed David Diehl will start for Sean Locklear. #nyg

Just hurts reading it. Locklear will come in as a blocking TE in the Giants jumbo packages.

In the good news category, Stevie Brown has been confirmed as starting safety. Phillips will be brought in slowly in some three safety sets.

harSon

Banned
Dwyer and Mendenhall out? Every time a liability makes a turn for the better on our team, it gets decimated by injuries. I fully expect our offensive line to all go down in injury this game, it's been doing far to well as of late.

Milchjon

0ap1000000088985.jpg

Top Bottom