• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 9 |OT| Gronkenstorm

Vyroxis

Banned
Steelers unable to stay in Jersey hotel due to weather, making Sandy the first woman to force Roethlisberger out of a hotel room.

Saw this on my Facebook just now, and had to spit out my coffee.

Just got out of listening to a town hall conference call from the CEO of our company. Heard a lot of stuff like, "streamlining," "becoming more agile," "becoming more lean," and "reducing our office footprint as much as possible" by the end of this year.

Should be fun!

Draxal

Giant's oline.

Lt - Beatty playing great, but he hasn't been playing against the greatest competition recently asides from Ware.
LG - Boothe - solid
C - Baas - Very good when healthy, often not healthy and our run game suffers when he is hurt, and he has been hurt the last couple of weeks.
RG - Snee - he's never going to be back to where he was in 2008, but he's much better then last year.
RT - Locklear played over his head and did a great job but he is limited. I agree with all the Diehl bashing with one caveat, he was way tooooo slow to play lt, and not strong enough to play lg. This might be the perfect position for him especially if he is healthy, which I honestly never thought he was the last couple of years, he just had so much wear and tear. I'm honestly fine with this decision because who I am to say no to Coughlin and Flaherty at this point.

Hynoski, Bradshaw, and Bennett (huge upgrade over Ballard) are all amazing blockers, and must fit into this conversation. The oline gets too much credit, when those 3 deserve a ton more.

Good?

I would say average.

Our run defense has not been spectacular. The only reason teams have not run it more on us is they can usually get more through the air.

Our run defense looks bad for the d-line. Kiesel is having a poor season and Hampton is finished. Hood is also getting isolated by the better RT's in the game. It's been the linebackers that have been holding things up.

It's no surprise that when Harrison came back teams struggled with the run. Carter is too small and light to hold leverage on the backside of runs.

Just got out of listening to a town hall conference call from the CEO of our company. Heard a lot of stuff like, "streamlining," "becoming more agile," "becoming more lean," and "reducing our office footprint as much as possible" by the end of this year.

Should be fun!

Start looking for a new job.

I'd argue the only above average offenses the Steelers have faced this season have been Denver, and this was Peyton's first game back, and Washington. They certainly did a number on the Skins.

I think it's kind of skewed because the Steelers hold the ball on offense forever.

Still, they shut down RGIII, so that's something.

TheFatOne

I know this is late, but is Aquib Talib any good? This trade means McCourty is going to play safety, and I'm ok with that. Looks solid at safety.

bionic77

And yet we're the number 1 pass defense
That stat means as much to me as the M next to Tammy's gender on his/her French passport.

Our defense sucks ass in pretty much every category. We can't stop the run (how often have we stopped a team on 3rd and short when they run), we can't cover and we can't get pressure. When we do get a team off the field usually it is because either their qb is sucking balls or their receivers are dropping them.

bionic77

I think it's kind of skewed because the Steelers hold the ball on offense forever.

Still, they shut down RGIII, so that's something.
If we are actually able to make receivers drop balls when they are wide open I will start to feel a little better about this defense.

But cmon son. That is a crazy statement. We shut him down from running against us, but his receivers shut him down more than our D did.

If we are actually able to make receivers drop balls when they are wide open I will start to feel a little better about this defense.

But cmon son. That is a crazy statement. We shut him down from running against us, but his receivers shut him down more than our D did.

Having to make throws across your body to hit the only open receiver because you're running for your life is because of the D.

There's a reason the Skins dropped so many passes.

Greg

Should be fun!
damn, that's rough

Yeah, I know. It would almost guarantee a move though thanks to my line of work and what's available in the areas nearby (aka: nothing). Good thing I just signed a new lease on my townhouse, haha.

Whatever, at least the Dolphins aren't the worst team in the NFL this year.
...although I do appreciate your optimism!

bionic77

Having to make throws across your body to hit the only open receiver because you're running for your life is because of the D.

There's a reason the Skins dropped so many passes.
Ben runs for his life every game and that does not excuse receivers from dropping passes (looking at you M Wallace!).

I guess we will have to agree to disagree because I saw a lot of easy passes dropped and I felt like that more luck than anything else.

You're on a bye week. It's okay to cheer for the Jags this week bro.

Speaking of bye weeks, the Browns are on their bye next week.

Maybe I'll have NFL-GAF choose which team I will "cheer" for that week...

I've made a huge mistake

You should join the rest of America and root for the Eagles against the Cowboys that week.

Ben runs for his life every game and that does not excuse receivers from dropping passes (looking at you M Wallace!).

I guess we will have to agree to disagree because I saw a lot of easy passes dropped and I felt like that more luck than anything else.
No excuse for dropping passes but it is usually an indication that the throw was rushed. Redskins don't have much talent at receiver either.

All i'm saying is that you have to give the D credit. RGIII never got into a rhythm and was running for his life all afternoon.

Final Giants injury report for Sunday:

OUT: LB Chase Blackburn (hamstring), LB Jacquian Williams (knee).

DOUBTFUL: LB Keith Rivers (calf)

QUESTIONABLE: S Kenny Phillips (knee), RB Ahmad Bradshaw (foot), TE Bear Pascoe (ankle)

PROBABLE: S Antrel Rolle (concussion), C David Baas (ankle/elbow), WR Victor Cruz (calf), DT Rocky Bernard (quad)

Travis Beckum has been taking some first team reps this week and he's playing special teams so there's a good chance he gets activated off of the PUP list on Saturday. Curious to see who they let go for the roster spot (Ojomo to IR?)

harSon

Banned

The dropped passes were a bit overstated. Half of them were 5 yarders that would have not meant much in the grand scheme of things.

bionic77

No excuse for dropping passes but it is usually an indication that the throw was rushed. Redskins don't have much talent at receiver either.

All i'm saying is that you have to give the D credit. RGIII never got into a rhythm and was running for his life all afternoon.
I give them a ton of credit. In two of our losses they failed to protect late game leads. They get the credit for those losses.

In one of those losses they let the Oakland Raiders score everytime they had the ball in the 2nd half and twice let they come back from 10 point deficits late in the game. They get credit for that loss too.

We made Peyton Manning, who can't throw a pass more than 3 yards without it wobbling like a motherfucker, look like Peyton Manning from 2007. He tore us apart for 4 quarters. Defense also gets credit for that.

We haven't played anyone dude and when we play someone decent we get torn to shreds. It doesn't help that everyone of value is hurt, but that is made worse by the fact that we haven't drafted anyone worth a damn in years.

I am actually pretty happy with 4-3 right now. I am fully expecting something bad to happen Sunday but hopefully the Giants shit it up and let us escape with a win. The rest of the schedule is doable and the division remains in reach if we start to get a little healthier.

squicken

The dropped passes were a bit overstated. Half of them were 5 yarders that would have not meant much in the grand scheme of things.

most of his throws are 5 yard passes. that's their offense. didn't see much of the game but everything i've heard is that he was awesome and the D and WRs let him down

You're on a bye week. It's okay to cheer for the Jags this week bro.

Speaking of bye weeks, the Browns are on their bye next week.

Maybe I'll have NFL-GAF choose which team I will "cheer" for that week...

I've made a huge mistake

You should root for Denver when the Panthers play them.

Because, well you know, the team you root for normally loses.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
d[-_-]b;43894951 said:
Both of those statements are true... Browns do suck and so does the gator for squickening his team to the Pats...

You suck too!

If I wasn't here I'd fight you.

You should root for Denver when the Panthers play them.

Because, well you know, the team you root for normally loses.

Big talk from a man on a team with less wins than the Browns!

BOOM ROASTED!

d[-_-]b

Banned
You suck too!

If I wasn't here I'd fight you.
image.php

But we're friends remember America's lovable bad team...?

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Well if douchebags can't get their 26.2 stickers to put on their jeeps, what kind of society do we live in? Priorities people!

LevelNth

Banned
Speaking of Sproles, he won't just not play this week, his hand is busted and he needs surgery. Likely to miss 3-6 at least.

Saints season just took a big, big hit.

squicken

Speaking of Sproles, he won't just not play this week, his hand is busted and he needs surgery. Likely to miss 3-6 at least.

Saints season just took a big, big hit.

i think it was over when they lost to the chiefs. might as well get everyone ready for 2013

Top Bottom