• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 9 |OT| Gronkenstorm

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I was watching the QL for AssCreed 3 and saw all this shit where you play as that modern day douche with the messenger bag and now I know I won't be playing AC3. Does anyone else think the series would be better if they dropped the shitty futuristic over arching storyline from the beginning and just made them period games about assassins?

You have to realize Ass Creed turned out completely different for Ubisoft

Most likely it was suppose to be a trilogy of Altair (Beginning) > Ezio (Middle) > Desmond (End)

When the franchise took off due to Ass Creed II, Desmond got caught and is now just shoe-horned in, to give it the feeling of continuation

He really is a walking/action oriented hub with mini-games and a small side-story thrown in for added effect

Ubi made Ass Creed from a 2-3 release to a COD'ified" yearly release schedule

Ass Creed I
Ass Creed II > Brotherhood > Revelations (assets re-used, adjusted, MP had the same motif, with a mode being added/refined) Think of it as side progress
Ass Creed III > ?????? (working on it in the background while the Ass Creed II storyline got stretched out) Wouldn't be surprised @ Ass Creed III Life, Liberty, Justice next year (might even get an Upgrade version for the launch of the next gen consoles)
Ass Creed IV (Most likely 2014 release on Orbis(PS4)/Durango (X720)

So far I have platted all Assassin Creeds possible, gonna grab III + Liberation during Black Friday to keep it going

You have to realize Ass Creed turned out completely different for Ubisoft

Most likely it was suppose to be a trilogy of Altair (Beginning) > Ezio (Middle) > Desmond (End)

When the franchise took off due to Ass Creed II, Desmond got caught and is now just shoe-horned in, to give it the feeling of continuation

He really is a walking/action oriented hub with mini-games and a small side-story thrown in for added effect

Ubi made Ass Creed from a 2-3 release to a COD'ified" yearly release schedule

Ass Creed I
Ass Creed II > Brotherhood > Revelations (assets re-used, adjusted, MP had the same motif, with a mode being added/refined) Think of it as side progress
Ass Creed III > ?????? (working on it in the background while the Ass Creed II storyline got stretched out) Wouldn't be surprised @ Ass Creed III Life, Liberty, Justice next year (might even get an Upgrade version for the launch of the next gen consoles)
Ass Creed IV (Most likely 2014 release on Orbis(PS4)/Durango (X720)

but all that shit was stupid in AC1. they should have never included it from the beginning.

GraveRobberX

but all that shit was stupid in AC1. they should have never included it from the beginning.

Well they needed a hub

They went with a futuristic theme to coincide with the past

Problem is no one thought 2 would catch on fucking fire, but it did, now Ubisoft has to shoe-horn him in

They could just let us play the memories, nothing to do with Desmond, but that ship has sailed, because the original outlook of the game is completely different now

No one wants him, but he is the stitch that weaves all these titles together

I know this may sound stupid as hell, but COD BLOPS II storyline is the continuation from I, now the next generation is doing the fight...
(I maybe a handful who really does play COD for the storyline, cheesy/stupid, but it's fun)

Also Sony gets a nice side story with Ass Creed III Liberation
I haven't played it yet but you do bump into Connor from III
So that in itself has a new freshness to the series

GraveRobberX

COD has a single player?

Yeah

5-8 hour whack-a-mole campaigns

Veteran mode in the beginning titles was ridiculous, thank fuck they are learning and adjusting
I still have Nightmares about COD: W@W, the last 2 stages ; ;
Run to cover, 3 thousands grenades thrown in your vicinity, 1 twitch to move, enemies with 1000% pinpoint accuracy shoot to bleed you out

2013 will be the last year we get side upgrades to franchises
2014 starts a fresh reboot due to new consoles releasing

My BF Game Buy list is HUGE!

NFS: Most Wanted - PS3 + Vita (Hopefully $30 each) $60
Ass Creed III + Ass Creed Liberation - PS3 + Vita (I'm thinking $35 each here) $70
Playstation All-Stars Battle Royal - PS3 + Vita (due to #YOPO/Cross Buy) $35
Saints Row The Third - PS3 - $20
Dishonored - PS3 - $30
Resident Evil 6 - PS3 - $30
Medal of Honor - PS3 - $30
Borderlands 2 - PS3 - $30
Batman Arkham City GOTY (Need for Harley's Revenge DLC to get 100%) - PS3 - $20
Some others I might be missing

So roughly $400 for Video Games... Jesus!

Yeah

5-8 hour whack-a-mole campaigns

Veteran mode in the beginning titles was ridiculous, thank fuck they are learning and adjusting
I still have Nightmares about COD: W@W, the last 2 stages ; ;
Run to cover, 3 thousands grenades thrown in your vicinity, 1 twitch to move, enemies with 1000% pinpoint accuracy shoot to bleed you out

2013 will be the last year we get side upgrades to franchises
2014 starts a fresh reboot due to new consoles releasing

My BF Game Buy list is HUGE!

NFS: Most Wanted - PS3 + Vita (Hopefully $30 each) $60
Ass Creed III + Ass Creed Liberation - PS3 + Vita (I'm thinking $35 each here) $70
Playstation All-Stars Battle Royal - PS3 + Vita (due to #YOPO/Cross Buy) $35
Saints Row The Third - PS3 - $20
Dishonored - PS3 - $30
Resident Evil 6 - PS3 - $30
Medal of Honor - PS3 - $30
Borderlands 2 - PS3 - $30
Batman Arkham City GOTY (Need for Harley's Revenge DLC to get 100%) - PS3 - $20
Some others I might be missing

So roughly $400 for Video Games... Jesus!

wheres Dishonored gonna be $30?

cajunator

Banned
You wanna know how much working tonight sucks?
A lot.
Seeing 1:59 am on the clock then going back to 1 am its like ffffffffuuuuuuuuuu!

GraveRobberX

wheres Dishonored gonna be $30?

Taking a guess for Black Friday @ Best Buy

Couple of years most September-Middle November titles get 40-50% off

Last year BF3 was 3 weeks old and could be had for $30, Limited Edition B2K Map Pack to Boot!
Same thing for Batman Arkham City (I got Catwoman due to new copy + Robin DLC free)
Ass Creed Rev was $35, It was 1 week old lol

That's what I thought I was going to get from the beginning. Nope, gotta have that dumb overarching plot.

So disappointing when it turned out that stupid future bullshit was in the game. I would have been perfectly fine with a little more 'simple' story just set in the past. You can still have overarching story lines between games without the stupid memories bullshit.

I want to play an assassin in the past, that was cool, but everytime a certain memory ended and you had to play as present time douche again, I just wanted to put the game away. It's a shame because III looks really cool and I like the new setting, but the Desmond bullshit makes me not wanna buy it.

GraveRobberX

It's a shame because III looks really cool and I like the new setting, but the Desmond bullshit makes me not wanna buy it.

Your loss

I'm gonna miss Ezio though

Fucker had charisma

No clue how Connor is, but judging by the commercials, I like the tone he sets

I really hope Ass Creed IV is Industrial Age, unless they want to jump back and forth and toward Egypt/Chinese philosophy

I'm invested into so many franchises it's not even funny

God of War, Ass Creed, Ratchet & Clank, Uncharted, inFamous, NFS/Burnout, Resistance, Call Of Duty, Battlefield, Dead Space, Prince of Persia, BioShock, Killzone, HD Colections

Ridiculous:

http://psnprofiles.com/GraveRobberX&sort=alpha#content

GraveRobberX

That's just insane :jnc

You actually collected all trophies for Alone in the Dark? Why would you do that?

When you hit rock bottom, you hit rock bottom

"I'll suck yo' dick for a Platinum!"

The day I put Hannah Montana into my PS3 to get trophies + plat, I quit gaming!

cajunator

Banned
I have no clue what Bayo 2 looks like under NINty's hands

Catherine did under-perform no?

I think Catherine sold pretty well as an Atlus game.
I dont have the numbers.
Also regarding Bayonetta 2 it will be left to the developer.
The game is only financed and published by Nintendo.

GraveRobberX

Yo' Scooter/Dutch Ass Creed III spoiler

Super spoiler

Desmond Dies

Hahahahahahahahahaha!

Sounds perfect. I dont understand the hate this thing gets.

Nintendo makes it.

Best comeback ever should have been Steelers Jags in 07. As memory serves Ben led us back from a 50 point deficit in the 4th quarter. But our coach and defense fucked it up by allowing Garrard to run for a 97 yard scramble at a pace that would embarrass most grandmothers and Tomlin for deciding extra points gave you cancer and deciding to go for 2 after every TD.

You mean this play?

I'm not one to complain about reffing but the holding on that play was brutal. Good on the Jags though getting away with it.

verbum

Exciting game tonight.

The main storyline for this matchup is obviously Ryan. The Falcons are 5-0 this season when Ryan has a passer rating of 100 or better and looks to duplicate their hot start from Philadelphia. However, the Giants ran out to a 23-0 lead and the Cowboys' defense made the proper adjustments.

I'm glad the Falcons got to see what Dallas can do in a comeback against a good team. Please, no let downs in the 3rd quarter by the Falcons defense. I'm nervous and it will be a long day.

Milchjon

Nintendo makes it.

Not sure that's the only reason. I think the fact that the last generational leap in console specs happened 7 years ago also plays into this. I'm not gonna argue that it's "too weak", but graphics, and by proxy specs, are always something gamers will obsess over.

I don't think the same device made by Sony or MS would've been met with much love either.

But now that it's launching, people will get over it anyway.

Not sure that's the only reason. I think the fact that the last generational leap in console specs happened 7 years ago also plays into this. I'm not gonna argue that it's "too weak", but graphics, and by proxy specs, are always something gamers will obsess over.

I don't think the same device made by Sony or MS would've been met with much love either.

But now that it's launching, people will get over it anyway.

Nintendo has been facing this complaint since the freaking NES. Nintendo has never been the company to put graphics as paramount and they never will be that company, so complaining about their approach for 8 generations is moronic. It's the games that matter.

Milchjon

Nintendo has been facing this complaint since the freaking NES. Nintendo has never been the company to put graphics as paramount and they never will be that company, so complaining about their approach for 8 generations is moronic. It's the games that matter.

Well, N64 and GC were different.

And graphics are necessarily part of the "games". Depending on your preferences, they do matter.

I'm not much of a gamer anymore, and nowadays I probably wouldn't have to choose between consoles for financial reasons, but I've always been a pretty big graphics whore. If I was in my teens right now, I probably would've dismissed Wii U outright.

Well, N64 and GC were different.
While those two consoles were powerful, Nintendo's philosophy was still the same. Also the Gamecube (and XBOX) launched a year after the PS2, which PS4 and 720 will both do to Wii U. Better graphics from both should be expected.

And graphics are necessarily part of the "games". Depending on your preferences, they do matter.
Of course they do. They just aren't the most important thing. San Andreas was my favorite GTA, for example, and that game has always looked like shit.

I'm not much of a gamer anymore, and nowadays I probably wouldn't have to choose between consoles for financial reasons, but I've always been a pretty big graphics whore. If I was in my teens right now, I probably would've dismissed Wii U outright.

Fanboys gonna fanboy. Dismissing a console without playing it is perfect example of that.

cajunator

Banned

The two times that they did play the graphics game they got smoked. I dont blame nintendo for saying fuck that shit and going with a profitable model.
they are taking substantial risk with WiiU however, as it is going to lose money out of the gate.
The thing people dont really think about concerning nintendo is that the gaming division is the only income it has. It doesnt have a Tv division, a computer division, or a camera division. Sony and MS can (and have had to) funnel money from profitable divisions into the money losing gaming division until several years down the road when it turns a profit. Nintendo doesnt have that luxury. they have to make money quickly or they will be in very big trouble financially. Thats why they have to settle for lesser technology with a gimmick. Its the only way they can afford to stay in the market and compete. Its not that they dont want to provide higher cutting edge tech, its just really risky without a fallback option.

The two times that they did play the graphics game they got smoked. I dont blame nintendo for saying fuck that shit and going with a profitable model.
they are taking substantial risk with WiiU however, as it is going to lose money out of the gate.
The thing people dont really think about concerning nintendo is that the gaming division is the only income it has. It doesnt have a Tv division, a computer division, or a camera division. Sony and MS can (and have had to) funnel money from profitable divisions into the money losing gaming division until several years down the road when it turns a profit. Nintendo doesnt have that luxury. they have to make money quickly or they will be in very big trouble financially. Thats why they have to settle for lesser technology with a gimmick. Its the only way they can afford to stay in the market and compete. Its not that they dont want to provide higher cutting edge tech, its just really risky without a fallback option.
Nintendo can compete with the graphics option. They don't because doing that doesn't separate them at all from their competitors. Gamecube was a perfect example. There was almost literally nothing to distinguish it from the other two consoles, and it suffered as a result.

The "gimmicks" guarantee that there are certain games you will need a Nintendo console to play.

Milchjon

While those two consoles were powerful, Nintendo's philosophy was still the same. Also the Gamecube (and XBOX) launched a year after the PS2, which PS4 and 720 will both do to Wii U. Better graphics from both should be expected.

Wii U launches 7 years after the 360, so better graphics should be expected too. The graphical improvements of the Wii U don't reflect that time gap.

Of course they do. They just aren't the most important thing. San Andreas was my favorite GTA, for example, and that game has always looked like shit.

Hey, it's mine too ;-)
In fact, I spend much of my gaming time nowadays with mobile games, so yeah, graphics don't matter as much to me as they used to.

Fanboys gonna fanboy. Dismissing a console without playing it is perfect example of that.

Personal priorities aren't necessarily the same as being a fanboy. Like I said, back then graphics were probably at the top of my list of stuff that I liked about games. So if a console didn't deliver in that respect, I just didn't care about it.

To illustrate this with a more recent example, I wouldn't call somebody who dismisses Windows Phone due to apps a fanboy if having access to pretty much every app there is is their top priority.

Milchjon

For the record, I don't dislike the Wii U, and I don't have a horse in this race, so I won't argue at length about this.

I just don't fully buy the original "people hate on the Wii U simply because Nintendo made it" argument.

Wii U launches 7 years after the 360, so better graphics should be expected too. The graphical improvements of the Wii U don't reflect that time gap.
Launch games. 360 launch games didn't reflect the 5 year gap at launch either.
Personal priorities aren't necessarily the same as being a fanboy. Like I said, back then graphics were probably at the top of my list of stuff that I liked about games. So if a console didn't deliver in that respect, I just didn't care about it.

To illustrate this with a more recent example, I wouldn't call somebody who dismisses Windows Phone due to apps a fanboy if having access to pretty much every app there is is their top priority.
I stand by my assertion. You don't play graphics, you play games. Dismissing a game you may like because the graphics aren't the best is stupid.

As for your app example, I think this is a more apt one -Apple fanboys dismissing everything else because Apple doesn't make it.

Nintendo isn't above criticism,I just think complaining about graphics (graphics in this case that are still gorgeous in the face of everything but some physical benchmark we haven't seen) is moronic. If someone doesn't want a Wii U they don't want it, but spare me the "paying for inferior graphics technology" rhetoric.

eznark

Banned
The graphics argument is pointless. These systems are outdated the minute they are released because of the nature of static hardware. The only real graphic winner is the PC and fixed hardware consoles can never compete with that. Peasant consoles are only useful for niche titles and poors.

Milchjon

The graphics argument is pointless. These systems are outdated the minute they are released because of the nature of static hardware. The only real graphic winner is the PC and fixed hardware consoles can never compete with that. Peasant consoles are only useful for niche titles and poors.

True, of course. I still prefer the turn on tune in drop out way of consoles. I'm a simple man.

RBH

brownbackwards_medium.gif

When Antonio Brown broke free on a punt return and ran backward into the end zone, the referee didn’t like it. Steelers coach Mike Tomlin also didn’t like it. And the league office didn’t like it, either.

Brown, who got a 15-yard unsportsmanlike conduct penalty and got a dressing down from Tomlin, now has been fined $10,000 by the NFL, the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reports.

The penalty was the third time in the last two seasons that Brown has been flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct.

To add insult to injury, Brown’s touchdown was negated by an illegal block in the back penalty. So he got a $10,000 fine for celebrating a touchdown that he hadn’t actually scored.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...own-10000-for-running-backward-into-end-zone/

That's like saying there's no difference between Matt Ryan and Mark Sanchez, because Peyton's better than both of them.

Top Bottom