• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 9 |OT| Gronkenstorm

beast786

The graphics argument is pointless. These systems are outdated the minute they are released because of the nature of static hardware. The only real graphic winner is the PC and fixed hardware consoles can never compete with that. Peasant consoles are only useful for niche titles and poors.

That is pretty damn true, but close system are also heavily optimized. look at ps3 running GoW3/U2 or GTA IV. can you imagine a PC with 512MB of RAM trying to run those games? He'll, GTA IV PC minimum requirement is 1.5 G of RAM and running on that is like watching slide show.

squicken

Hmm, what does that mean? Why?

There's always been fear in NO that he would leave for Dallas, as that's where he is from. He was OC for Bill Parcells when he was there. His family actually left NO a couple years back b/c his wife and kids couldn't stand living in Louisiana, and there was a big dust up b/c Payton wanted to live in Dallas during the season and commute to work.

The owner didn't like that and Payton agreed to stay in town during the season. Ultimately Payton signed an extension to remain coach, and divorced his wife. But his kids still live in Dallas, and it's always been thought that Jerry regretted not hiring him, and would give him whatever he wanted to come coach there. Jerry can outspend Benson and will break the bank for Payton, but who knows if Jerry will give up control.

Milchjon

I mean, why was his contract voided, and who was supposed to benefit from it/be punished by it?

I don't understand the whole process.

Edit: Oh, I see it was unrelated to the bounty thing/suspension.

squicken

I mean, why was his contract voided, and who was supposed to benefit from it/be punished by it?

I don't understand the whole process.

" At issue in the contract was one specific clause that would have enabled Payton to walk away from the deal if general manager Mickey Loomis was suspended, fired or left the New Orleans organization, sources said.

The league believed that any such language in Payton's contract would set a bad precedent for other coaching contracts and rejected the deal well before Loomis was suspended for the first eight games this season for his part in the bounty scandal."

Payton wanted to be able to work w/ the GM of his choosing, which the league felt gave him too much power

squicken

Rob Ryan (if he stays, and Payton would be dumb to not keep him). Sean Payton. Jerry Jones. Tony Romo. Dez Bryant. Please be on Hard Knocks

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
" At issue in the contract was one specific clause that would have enabled Payton to walk away from the deal if general manager Mickey Loomis was suspended, fired or left the New Orleans organization, sources said.

The league believed that any such language in Payton's contract would set a bad precedent for other coaching contracts and rejected the deal well before Loomis was suspended for the first eight games this season for his part in the bounty scandal."

Payton wanted to be able to work w/ the GM of his choosing, which the league felt gave him too much power

Why the fuck should the league care about who coaches want to work for? NFL is basically Hitler.

Milchjon

Rob Ryan (if he stays, and Payton would be dumb to not keep him). Sean Payton. Jerry Jones. Tony Romo. Dez Bryant. Please be on Hard Knocks

Yes please.

I'd also love to see the amount of hate Dallas would get if they got Payton and maybe even got good in the process. :jnc

squicken

Why the fuck should the league care about who coaches want to work for? NFL is basically Hitler.

Well owners own teams and want to hire and fire who they please. I agree with you. The owner agreed to the deal and if those are the terms it took to keep Payton, then they should live with it.

But the other owners don't want other coaches thinking they get to choose their own GMs or coaches, or putting language into a contract that says the coach can leave if the owner fires his defensive coordinator. Shifts too much organizational power away from the owner

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Well owners own teams and want to hire and fire who they please. I agree with you. The owner agreed to the deal and if those are the terms it took to keep Payton, then they should live with it.

But the other owners don't want other coaches thinking they get to choose their own GMs or coaches, or putting language into a contract that says the coach can leave if the owner fires his defensive coordinator. Shifts too much organizational power away from the owner

So, the owners can not sign those coaches. Seems pretty cut and dry. Why the need for the entire organization to get involved?

Yes please.

I'd also love to see the amount of hate Dallas would get if they got Payton and maybe even got good in the process. :jnc

They get a shitton of new lifelongs on GAF though.

Think about the number of Uro Patriots bandwagoners on here and then triple it.

This place would become Cowboys-Packers central.

Dragon

Banned
Oh man that sounds rad but I'm actually going to burn my gaming PC to dust the minute I get the WiiU.

Why choose?

Money is tight for me right now. Paying a mortgage and also rent in NYC without a tenant. And year old console ports nor MH nor Mario do anything for me.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Feel better now.

NFL Countdown they pretty much all took the Ravens and then insulted the Browns.

Back to the status quo.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Guys two questions. Is the Giants and Steelers game canceled? Anyone have any good pizza coupons?

It's not canceled

Papa Johns: 2PAPAS

Spend $12 @ Papa Johns through online, get a free 3 Topping Pizza (25 Papa Points)
11/4 is the last day, have to use 25 points by the 21st of November

or

25OFF

25% off

Top Bottom