• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Wild Card Playoffs |OT| - It's Time for a SWITCH™

jbug617

Banned
Kubiak officially steps down

Some of the media up here wants Belichick to bring in Chip Kelly to be an assistant during the playoffs and then OC next season.

BigAT

Man, Marrone feels like the closest person you could possibly get to Jeff Fisher 2.0 in the NFL, no?

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Rams are requesting permission today to interview Jaguars' interim HC Doug Marrone for their HC job, per source.

Fox318

Man, Marrone feels like the closest person you could possibly get to Jeff Fisher 2.0 in the NFL, no?

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Rams are requesting permission today to interview Jaguars' interim HC Doug Marrone for their HC job, per source.
This is what I mean.

Dude failed
Quit
Got paid
Then got hired again
Failed again
Now is gonna get promoted while still collecting money from the last job he quit.

MechDX

C1HpXZiXUAAXO7P.jpg:large

Texans PR ‏@TexansPR 4m4 minutes ago
.@HoustonTexans finished the season as No.1 ranked defense in @NFL, allowing only 301.3 yards per game. Also had 2nd-best pass D (201.6 ypg)

82882-kristen-bell-laugh-cry-gif-big-YpO7.gif

squicken

Vikings final OL tally

-12 different players played offensive line this year
-Rashad Hill, signed off JAX practice squad, finished the year at LT
-He was one of 5 LTs who played the position this year
-8 different starting offensive line combinations
-No player started more than 14 games on the offensive line
-No player played more than 88% of the offensive snaps

Number of OL who took more than 88% of the snaps for:

NE 5
HOU 3
PIT 3
KC 4
OAK 4
MIA 2

DAL 3 (would have been 5 but for resting starters)
ATL 5
GB 3
SEA 2 (Russ Wilson the real MVP)
NYG 4
DET 3

Top 5 scoring offenses

ATL
NO (4 OL over 88%)
NE
GB
DAL

Hindl

Gotta give the Cowboys credit for targeting OL so heavily in those drafts and locking up top tier talent right around when league-wide OL play took a huge nosedive

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
pRxJc1H.png

Why aren't the Lions owners of the Nintendo Switch? We worked hard to get to the playoffs.

This disrespect....you'll see...you'll all see soon enough

Hey remember when the Lions were 9-4?

Remember how they shit their pants late in the season (again!) and lost three straight before losing the division to the Packers?

Considering that they've lost 3 straight, they don't deserve to be up there. I wonder how many Super Bowl teams there are that went into the playoffs colder than the food at the Chinese buffet where Stafford eats for his 230pm snack?

Joe Thuney has been the Patriots best O lineman

Didn't like the pick at first but he really surprised

Wonder if Caserio was the one who wanted him

LJ11

Gotta give the Cowboys credit for targeting OL so heavily in those drafts and locking up top tier talent right around when league-wide OL play took a huge nosedive

Their scouts nailed it, that's critical difference. Teams target linemen, but look how many in the top 10-15 miss. Development also important, but give credit to the scouts, everyone laughed when they took Travis.

Fox318

Joe Thuney sounds like the name of a guy who works down at the docks with the goal of funding his career as a ballet dancer.

squicken

Yep. Watching the bowl games this year it's obvious that trend is not changing. Defensive lines are dominating offensive lines in most games

Bork enters the game in the second half
Bork gets a touchdown
Bork gets a W
Bork beats Chiefs the following week
Bork loses to Brady

Thanks Texans

Hindl

Remember how they shit their pants late in the season (again!) and lost three straight before losing the division to the Packers?

Considering that they've lost 3 straight, they don't deserve to be up there. I wonder how many Super Bowl teams there are that went into the playoffs colder than the food at the Chinese buffet where Stafford eats for his 230pm snack?

lol damn

Their scouts nailed it, that's critical difference. Teams target linemen, but look how many in the top 10-15 miss. Development also important, but give credit to the scouts, everyone laughed when they took Travis.

Excellent point too. Let alone everyone else, I remember Cowboys fans being either incredulous or downright angry when the Frederick pick came in. But their scouts really know how to target OL.

Yep. Watching the bowl games this year it's obvious that trend is not changing. Defensive lines are dominating offensive lines in most games

Yeah this is also a year with a weak OL class too. Like last year at least had Tunsil, Stanley, Conklin and Decker taken in the 1st and looking like they belong (and maybe Ifedi?). This year who is there that's an actual 1st round talent and not a reach? Cam and who else?

zero_suit

I'm dying.

Duxxy3

Joe Thuney has been the Patriots best O lineman

Didn't like the pick at first but he really surprised

Wonder if Caserio was the one who wanted him

People, including myself, were complaining that we didn't go for a tackle instead. And then Marcus Cannon went out and played beyond all expectations. Solder stayed healthy. Andrews fought off the severely concussed bobble head. Mason improved over last year.

We've got a nice solid line right now. Leagues better than last years. I'd like to get solder extended out for at least a few more years. So we don't have to worry about contracts for the OL for a while.

squicken

The Rams kept having busts at OL under Fisher and never thought to change the OL coach. Was always perplexing

bionic77

You assholes. Gumpert is clearly a Boner if I ever saw one.

JoyConBoyz don't look like that.

Our Boyz look more like this:

kobe-bryant-in-nude-pose-all-people-photo-u1.jpg

Top Bottom